2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

The Josh version of CD might be my favorite thing that I've heard from that era of the band. It's really a shame that things didn't work out. Imagine if we'd have gotten 3-4 albums of material with that lineup and Buckethead.

It's so. fucking. good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

No in 2005 a instrumental version of better leaked I can remember because an instrumental version of twat also leaked from the same source 

Nope. Better was 1st mentioned by Axl himself in his Rolling Stone short interview in that Korn party in early 2006. I guess a week after, Better leaked - first in snippets longer and longer, and then the full song and its instrumental version. TWAT and IRS leaked at that same time. 

What we had back in 2005 was nothing more than the shitty IRS from the Eddie Trunk radio show.

38 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

I have a short and long version. Short is 6:01 long is 6:43 both dated 17/02/2006. Then instrumental long and short dated march 15th. March 27th 2006 the razz version. MSL leak from may 2007. Antiquiet version from June 18th 2008. One labeled 2001 leak dated June 10th 2008 and then the new one from Thursday which is a better quality of the razz?

You mean TWAT, right? Yeah, it leaked back then, obviously before the Hammerstein gigs, in May 2006. This one labeled 2001 I believe you meant June 2018, right?

Wow this version of Riad flows a lot better and sounds like, you know, an actual song! Da fuck happened?

EDIT: upon further listens, the final version might actually be better, now that I think about it, but nonetheless, I really like the “unfiltered” vocals in this version.

Edited by rocknroll41

On 29/08/2019 at 4:18 PM, WhazUp said:

I personally prefer the old-GNR-esque heavy start to The Blues!  And never was fond of Ron's solo on Riad, and like the beefed up CD from this leak more than the final version

Different strokes for different folks for sure, but these songs groove way way harder with the drums higher in the mix, the guitars beefed up, and the layers not existing yet

Totally agree, was thinking the same way 

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I seem to remember reading that at the Hong Kong show in 2002 they put the album artwork up on the screens during Chinese Democracy, and that it was a picture of a bicycle. So I'm not sure if it's the same as the final artwork, but it sounds like it was more or less the same concept. 

Resultado de imagen para chinese democracy bicycle

I remember this artwork showing up before the release. It's seems fan made, but it's very accurate with the concept

I've listened to the official release again just cause it's been a while since I have and wanted to see how it stacks up against the new leaks.

First thing I've noticed is I still love the album but compared to these it lost it's balls somewhere. Chinese with Josh sounds so fuckin' mean and in your face with Tommy's bass playing a vital role when it's not buried under the added guitars. Thing is I love those guitars and especially Bucket's added solo after Robin and leads throughout the song. I like both versions.

Tommy's bass parts are great in all of the tunes. Mixed way too low. Damn shame. There Was A Time ain't worth a shit without Bucket's outro, Pitman was great, Catcher was overcooked and lost it's original feel. I still like the final version but it just pales in comparison to the leak imo.

Prostitute sounds nice here but Bucket's solos added a lot to the tune. Riad probably rocks the hardest here. Studio version is very fussy, lacks the punch it's got here and the intro detracts from the tune cause it's a "get to the point" song imo but I like both versions.

The Blues is a great song no matter what you do to it. Axl tinkered a lot with it but I prefer the official version with the orchestration and especially Bucket's outro but Pitman's synts are really cool in the leak.

Never liked Going Down. Here it's much better, I like it now but I miss Axl's backing vocals on it.

I guess you can't have it all. You can't take a song, a good song, and force on it every good idea for a decade without losing sight of what it was you wanted to communicate musically in the first place.

I think there is a chance that what Axl wanted the album to be changed a lot cause it's what the album sounds like to me: layers and layers of more ideas added to the same songs maybe in hope to improve until it's the best it could possibly be when perhaps the better approach for Axl would have been to work on his ability to let go and know when it's done. It's like knowing when to stop talking after you've already expressed yourself as best as you could in that moment. I don't think he learned this lesson even now.

Edited by Rovim

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

You mean TWAT, right? Yeah, it leaked back then, obviously before the Hammerstein gigs, in May 2006. This one labeled 2001 I believe you meant June 2018, right?

Yes,oops. I have a few different versions of Better too though.. none of which are from 2005. It was released June 10th 2008 and the title says " 2001 demo".

For Better:

Darknemus leak Feb 2006

Instrumental from March 2006

One from Feb 2007 that says" probably the same as HD" in the title

June 18th 2008 Antiquiet

Then the BBF and DJ versions

Edited by Pskihq92

3 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

Yes,oops. I have a few different versions of Better too though.. none of which are from 2005. It was released June 10th 2008 and the title says " 2001 demo".

For Better:

Darknemus leak Feb 2006

Instrumental from March 2006

One from Feb 2007 that says" probably the same as HD" in the title

June 18th 2008 Antiquiet

Then the BBF and DJ versions

There was no full songs studio quality leak before 2006. My memory is not so great anymore, but I remember too well how everything exploded in 2006. 

The only thing that came out before that was that IRS shitty recording from the Trunk show and the snippets of Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar in the 2002 NA Tour promo (which I still remember how A LOT of people said it wasn't studio recordings). 

The Feb 2006 Better demo is probably from Mike Piazza/Eddie Trunk CD with three songs on it - IRS, TWAT and Better. 

The Feb 2007 Better seems like the same as used in the Harley-Davidson black sheep ad in late 2006.

The 2008 Antiquiet leak seems similar to the HD ad, but I'm not sure and I don't have those anymore. All the Antiquiet leaks IMO are from the batch that Andy Wallace mixed in 2006.

BBF (accoustic) and DJ (shitty) version of Better leaked in 2012? I can't remember, I really had no interest in those tracks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

There was no full songs studio quality leak before 2006. My memory is not so great anymore, but I remember too well how everything exploded in 2006. 

The only thing that came out before that was that IRS shitty recording from the Trunk show and the snippets of Chinese Democracy, The Blues and Madagascar in the 2002 NA Tour promo (which I still remember how A LOT of people said it wasn't studio recordings). 

The Feb 2006 Better demo is probably from Mike Piazza/Eddie Trunk CD with three songs on it - IRS, TWAT and Better. 

The Feb 2007 Better seems like the same as used in the Harley-Davidson black sheep ad in late 2006.

The 2008 Antiquiet leak seems similar to the HD ad, but I'm not sure and I don't have those anymore. All the Antiquiet leaks IMO are from the batch that Andy Wallace mixed in 2006.

BBF (accoustic) and DJ (shitty) version of Better leaked in 2012? I can't remember, I really had no interest in those tracks. 

2013 - same time as Blood In The Water and Going Down, along with the 15 second clips of the remixes, Ballad Of Death, Mi Amor, etc. 

The one I can't remember when it originally leaked is Better Gone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

2013 - same time as Blood In The Water and Going Down, along with the 15 second clips of the remixes, Ballad Of Death, Mi Amor, etc. 

The one I can't remember when it originally leaked is Better Gone. 

I kinda erased Better Gone, Ballad of Death and Mi Amor from my memory haha

• Like 2

Thanks to all the leaks we had before the album, plus last year’s massive wave of leaks and now this year’s massive wave of leaks, I now have three personal “bootleg” versions of ChiDem:

Chinese Democracy - Demos (2008, uses the red hand cover)

1.Chinese Democracy (MSL) 2.Better (MSL) 3.There Was a Time (MSL - Long Version) 4.Madagascar (MSL) 5.Street of Dreams (MSL) 6.If the World (Antiquiet) 7.IRS (1999) 8.Catcher in the Rye (1999) 9.Riad N’ the Bedouins (Antiquiet) 10.Prostitute (Antiquiet) 11.There Was a Time (Antiquiet)

Chinese Democracy - Remixes & More (2018, uses the grenade cover)

1.Mi Amor 2.Better (Acoustic) 3.If the World (Brain Remix) 4.Shackler’s Revenge (Brain Remix) 5.This I Love (Brain Remix) 6.Prostitute (Brain Remix) 7.La Bella Vita 8.Street of Dreams (2001) 9.Oh My God (Bumblefoot Remix) 10.The General (Evader Remix) 11.Going Down 12.Silkworms 13.Better (DJ Ashba Remix) 14.The Ballad of Death

2000 Intentions (2019, uses the HOB2001 flyer art)

1.Chinese Democracy (w/ Freese) 2.Hardschool 3.IRS (2000) 4.Catcher in the Rye (2000) 5.Oh My God 6.There Was a Time (2000) 7.Silkworms (Evader Remix) 8.Street of Dreams (2000) 9.Riad N’ the Bedouins (2000) 10.Going Down (2000) 11.Chinese Democracy (w/ Brain) 12.Prostitute (Version 2)

has anyone else made similar personal bootlegs from all of these?

• Like 1

@rocknroll41 these are my "demo album" playlists:

2000 Intentions:

1. Chinese Democracy (w/ Josh)
2. Oh My God (End Of Days)
3. Jackie Chan
4. IRS (2)
5. Rhiad (w/ Josh)
6. TWAT (w/ Josh)
7. CITR (w/ Brian May)
8. Going Down (1999)
9. The Blues (w/ Josh)
10. Prostitute (3)

Chinese Democracy:

1. Chinese Democracy (MSL '07)
2. IRS (2006 #2)
3. Better (MSL '07)
4. Madagascar (MSL '07)
5. The Blues (MSL '07)
6. Riad (Antiquiet '08)
7. If The World (Album version)
8. Sorry (Album version)
9. There Was A Time (Antiquiet '08)
10. Going Down (2013)
11. This I Love (No Lead Guitar version)
12. Prostitute (Antiquiet '08)

Remix album:

1. This I Love
2. If The World
3. Mi Amor
4. Better (BBF Acoustic)
5. Oh My God (BBF)
6. Silkworms (BBF)
7. Shackler's Revenge
8. Ballad Of Death
9. Blood In The Water
10. Better (Dj Ashba)

• Like 2

Hardschool is a badass song but we need more, we deserve more. All this years waiting for leaks, and suffering with no songs and no information... Whats wrong with the songs to put on an album and just release that? Guns N Roses fans are the most loyal in the world and always will be

Edited by Vini the saint

On 8/29/2019 at 1:57 AM, GnR Chris said:

Depends. "Catcher" and especially "Riad" slap so goddamn hard. 

Cather is the only song that comes off well with the organic treatment. I think Axl added those layers to Catcher because it would have sounded out of place in the album and possibly made the other songs sound bad or over produced.

Let's not forget the Better video leak in 2012 :P Was so weird how that video was hyped up in early '09 and then disappeared only to pop up of nowhere more than three years later.

Shame we never got that 2010 South America tour documentary from Dale Resteghini.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Let's not forget the Better video leak in 2012 :P Was so weird how that video was hyped up in early '09 and then disappeared only to pop up of nowhere more than three years later.

Shame we never got that 2010 South America tour documentary from Dale Resteghini.

Yeah and then after the video leaked someone asked BBF about it on Facebook and he was like “now you see why that video was never good enough to release. It’s just a bunch of live shots from people who aren’t even in the band.” And then the fan asked if there would be a different video or something and BBF so kindly responded with “FUCK GNR! AND FUCK THEIR MANAGEMENT!” Or something to that effect lol.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah and then after the video leaked someone asked BBF about it on Facebook and he was like “now you see why that video was never good enough to release. It’s just a bunch of live shots from people who aren’t even in the band.” And then the fan asked if there would be a different video or something and BBF so kindly responded with “FUCK GNR! AND FUCK THEIR MANAGEMENT!” Or something to that effect lol.

I didn't think the Better video was too bad, but the Sorry video from the same director was abysmal, even if it was only meant as a backing video for live concerts.

Speaking of live backing videos, I wish we could get a good quality version of that dinosaur cartoon vid for Catcher, that shit was nuts :lol:

Earlier in this thread we were talking about how the leaks from 2003-2008 probably influenced the final tracklist of the 2008 album.

another piece to the puzzle is this alleged back cover that leaked in 2006: BACKCOVER-GNR3.jpg

everyone thought it was fake at the time, but it had almost the exact same back cover format that ended up on the final album, and pre-dates the Antiquiet leaks of Riad and Prostitute (both missing here). Plus, it lines up with Axl’s claim from around that same time that the record would only have 13 songs, as well as Dizzy’s claim from also that same time that Riad wouldn’t be on the record. I think this screenshot also predates the first ever Catcher leak (again missing here), and lines up with Bumble’s claim that Atlas was almost on the album. Also, why else would the band be using a sample from The General as their tour intro around that time unless it was for a reason?

Assuming the rumor of an EP at the end of this year ends up being true, it’d be interesting if the songs on it end up being The General, Atlas, Thyme, Ides of March, and Seven.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I.R.S., Better, Chinese Democracy, TWAT, The Blues and Madagascar were played in 06/07. The General (intro) and Atlas Shrugged (piano solo) were teased. That would make 8/13 songs from the new album. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1