2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Another thing I want to say is this:

I'm obviously a HUGE Guns N' Roses fan. I've dedicated an embarrassing amount of time to GN'R in general before I even think about the insane amount of time I've invested in the online community. Having said that, I **HATE** that this is what we're reduced to as fans.

If you would have told me in 2008 that in 2018 we'd be excited to get 2 reworked, low quality mixes of 2 songs we've already heard that are between 15 and 20 years old, I would have to you to get the fuck out. The complete disregard for the fan base gets lower and lower every single time I think about it.

I think most of the fans like us feels like this, unfortunately.

anyway, I just got a message from a guy who did some more thorough audio comparison and he says that BBF's guitar can still be heard in the mix, albeit very very low in the mix. that also confirms these two are later edits.

• Like 1

''Silk Worms'' sounds like a Prodigy knock-off.

PS

They both sound very ''late 90s'', i.e. self-indulgent, bleepy and processed - ''headache inducing music'' I call it. I could imagine ''Silk Worms'' on the soundtrack to some iffy Blade or Crow sequel. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

sure, I'm not an internet fighter either :) just trying to say that these are not real demos from Axl's studio, but stuff edited/manipulated by some other person, using yet-unreleased demos. so I get people are excited about hearing Silkworms first and also another version of OMG, just they should know these are not "genuine" :)

I still have to listen to them again (I'm at work at the moment), but this new OMG has Bucket solo, or not?

these come from circa 2006, when they were given to Bumble, to glue his guitar track onto them.

I'd say the original tracks come from 2000 or 2001, because they indeed include Bucket, but that's just my guess.

Oh my god reminds of the Better leaks, something is missing. It sounds like Rons track. But there's still Bucket in there. There's solo there that isn't Ron. Axl said there was a new studio version with a Bucket solo at somepoint. This stuff was all part of the remix album that didn't get released in 2010. Allegedly. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm obviously a HUGE Guns N' Roses fan. I've dedicated an embarrassing amount of time to GN'R in general before I even think about the insane amount of time I've invested in the online community. Having said that, I **HATE** that this is what we're reduced to as fans.

If you would have told me in 2008 that in 2018 we'd be excited to get 2 reworked, low quality mixes of 2 songs we've already heard that are between 15 and 20 years old, I would have to you to get the fuck out. The complete disregard for the fan base gets lower and lower every single time I think about it.

Agreed. I only found SOYL interesting because i like the song and it was a remastered copy from Clink's sessions. I couldn't give a shit about OMG or Silkworms remixes. I mean, sure we haven't heard them before, but i really don't think there is anything to be excited about here.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

But where probably was a demo of Nov Rain around the AFD era that we would have heard if the internet was around, and UYI came out we'd have bitched about it losing it's raw emergy and the demo was better. We're just Livin' the Future and none of this has happened yet. Bruce, Magic, it's a good album. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Oh My God'' is just a different mix and not much different really.

I think these two give you an indicator of what CD would have sounded like if it came out in 1999.

This is more what Ron and Brain did to them in 2006? 

Neither have the crispness of the CD album. They are dirtier than anything on CD. 

1 minute ago, Juventino said:

I heard a Silkworms clip which clocked in at just over two minutes. Is this the full leak, or was something missing?

The one floating around twitter is cut a minute short.  Both tracks are roughly three and a half minutes long each.

17 minutes ago, zombux said:

this is what I have been shown: 

Can your friend compare BBF OMG to the leak? I don’t have silkworms unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, life_247 said:

Interesting, wonder what the source/vintage is?

Not heard them yet, I'm too slow on the uptake these days for GnR leaks - not that theres been anything too interesting leaked over the years.

the source is the original bunch of 3 songs, probably from 2006, when Bumblefoot received some old tracks (Going Down, OMG, Silkworms) and glued his guitar track onto them.

in 2013, Going Down was leaked to the general public in its entirety and the other 2 songs only as 16 second long excerpts. but there are of course people who have the 2 songs complete (I don't), and someone from that group must have done this "remixing".