2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Really like the Josh version of Riad. I think I prwfer Ron's solo on the album version (Buckets solo on the demo is a bit meandering and directionless), but as a whole, it's definitely more listenable than the album version, which just has too much going on. I can't quite put my finger on why I prefer the leaked demo version, but I definitely do.

For me it’s just the raw energy of it. All that overproduction on the album totally neuters a song that is inherently energetic and aggressive. Not everyone might agree it’s a good song, but it’s one of, if not the most head-on rock song that made the album. 

42 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There were tons of rumours in 2010-2011 that the album would be re-released with the proper artwork, remixes, alt. tracks and bonus tracks. So it's not too crazy in the context of GNR.

Also not too hard to believe because isn’t the consensus that the TIL remix vocals were likely recorded after the album was released?

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

The page presents itself as Jan 11 2011, but the date in the URL is Sept 2019. Wayback Machine doesn't have any archives of it either, indicating it is a newly created page.

I call bs. Most likely the usual suspects trying to troll us again. I hear there's a new troll in town who is fond of lists.

Yeah the fucker who drowned the GnR subreddit with pointless lists. Somebody needs to blacklist that little shit from the entire internet, at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Holy shit... "Estranged" with Buckethead? 

All I can think of is Axl made Buckethead do it as his audition

And "GNR car video" gives away that everything on that list is from Pitman - Pitman used to control the video screen via his laptop

Probably that stupid drag racing video from 2001-2002 that played during You Could Be Mine

Or it's all fake (likely)

Edited by TheSeeker

11 hours ago, life_247 said:

Im not going to lie its very hard keeping track of all these leaks over the years, think I missed that one. But Maddy was always the track that most non guns (hardcore) fans were really interested in - didn't realised it ever really changed much from the early live version we heard till the final released one.

I think the interest is less in the leaks because we've got Chinese Democracy, we've got the reunion - new Axl/Slash/Duff music is more interesting to most of the world rather than offcuts from a random line up of the band.

You say that now, until you hear a 60 year old Axl singing about how upset he is about beta buying him the wrong pillow over a generic slash guitar riff...

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Also not too hard to believe because isn’t the consensus that the TIL remix vocals were likely recorded after the album was released?

Generally believed to be from between 2006-2010. I think it's closer to 2008-2010, but I could be wrong, lol. It would make sense that TIL (and possibly Blood In The Water) were recorded once the remix album was seriously being considered, which was 2009-2010.

I think it sounds more like 2010 Axl, but honestly it could be 2006 Axl and it just sounds better because it wasn't as heavily processed as his other '06/07 vocals on CD. It's not too different from some of his stuff on Angel Down which was late 2007. :shrugs:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Generally believed to be from between 2006-2010. I think it's closer to 2008-2010, but I could be wrong, lol. It would make sense that TIL (and possibly Blood In The Water) were recorded once the remix album was seriously being considered, which was 2009-2010.

I think it sounds more like 2010 Axl, but honestly it could be 2006 Axl and it just sounds better because it wasn't as heavily processed as his other '06/07 vocals on CD. It's not too different from some of his stuff on Angel Down which was late 2007. :shrugs:

Uncle Axl was great on Angel Down, especially Stuck Inside

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Uncle Axl was great on Angel Down, especially Stuck Inside

I listened to those songs again recently and Axl sounds great. The co-lead vocal thing on Back In The Saddle is fucking awesome. The "peeling the layers of emotions away..." line on Stuck Inside where he holds the scream for about 10 seconds is better than any vocal that made CD.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

4 hours ago, Gackt said:

I believe this demo is too early to have a Bucket solo included, so it's likely Robin on this one

I'd love to hear an earlier version of Shackler's with a Bucket solo in place of Bumble's though.

The mix is from 2000 and the solo is Robin first, then Bucket. Just like the live versions 2001/02 and in the 2008 Antiquiet leak.

Edited by Voodoochild

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

For me it’s just the raw energy of it. All that overproduction on the album totally neuters a song that is inherently energetic and aggressive. Not everyone might agree it’s a good song, but it’s one of, if not the most head-on rock song that made the album. 

Agree. I love Riad, and its really weird to me how people dislike it so much. The guitar riffs are awesome, Axl's vocals in the chorus are mean and powerful, and the drums were always the higlight to me - even in the Brain version.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

The more I listen to these leaks, the more I think that CD 1 & 2 should've been released around xmas 2000, right before the 'comeback shows'. The material was pretty much ready to go...

CD 1:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Oh My God
3. Hardschool
4. IRS
5. Rhiad
6. If The World
7. Silkworms
and 3-5 other 'rockers'.

CD 2:

1. Madagascar
2. There Was A Time
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. The Blues
5. Catcher In The Rye
6. Going Down
7. I'm Sorry (?)
and 3-5 other ballads/mid-tempo mid-90s 'experimental Axl' tracks.

There's rumoured to be at least another 7~ tracks out there with vocals, split 'em up into these groups and you've likely got a successful comeback in 2001, lol.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The more I listen to these leaks, the more I think that CD 1 & 2 should've been released around xmas 2000, right before the 'comeback shows'. The material was pretty much ready to go...

CD 1:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Oh My God
3. Hardschool
4. IRS
5. Rhiad
6. If The World
7. Silkworms
and 3-5 other 'rockers'.

CD 2:

1. Madagascar
2. There Was A Time
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. The Blues
5. Catcher In The Rye
6. Going Down
7. I'm Sorry (?)

There's rumoured to be at least another 7~ tracks out there with vocals, split 'em up into these groups and you've likely got a successful comeback in 2001, lol.

As much as I enjoy the final album we got in 2008, I can’t lie, this woulda been fucking cool.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

CD 1:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Oh My God
3. Hardschool
4. IRS
5. Rhiad
6. If The World
7. Silkworms
and 3-5 other 'rockers'.

CD 2:

1. Madagascar
2. There Was A Time
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. The Blues
5. Catcher In The Rye
6. Going Down
7. I'm Sorry (?)

If the songs had been released in 2001 or 2002, they wouldn't have been so criticized today, and the "Chinese Democracy project" would have worked, and we could have more albums after that.

• Like 1

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Edited by eggers

oh yeah. info from betas barn discord is the 4 atlas versions are original atlas. drums up atlas. drums down atlas. and an atlas with added guitar parts like guitar parts were added to the silkworms leak with bumblefoot. the drums down makes me think imsorry has the drums down atlas demo. which means the other 3 versions are out there right now. 

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Not sure if you're talking about All GNR song or just CD era songs, but Nightrain fades out.

Off topic... But I always thought a "non fade out" version of Nightrain should have been in the anniversary boxset - clearly Slash etc carried on playing (beyond the fade out) so hearing that would have been cool.

• Like 1