2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Agree. I love Riad, and its really weird to me how people dislike it so much. The guitar riffs are awesome, Axl's vocals in the chorus are mean and powerful, and the drums were always the higlight to me - even in the Brain version.

I feel the same with Scraped, here I'm the only person who like it. This song is one that allways heard when I'm doing workout (and now hard school is other).

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, axljungle said:

I feel the same with Scraped, here I'm the only person who like it. This song is one that allways heard when I'm doing workout (and now hard school is other).

I like Scraped. Good rocker.

With the exception of the terrible intro. No idea what they we're thinking there.

I know a lot of people don’t love Slash’s music but I think that’s mainly because Axl is not the one singing. 

Axl singing over proper guitar driven music would be incredible. 

He is at his best singing hard rock as well. Not quite sure why he became so grunge and whining about life in every song. 

31 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I know a lot of people don’t love Slash’s music but I think that’s mainly because Axl is not the one singing. 

Axl singing over proper guitar driven music would be incredible. 

He is at his best singing hard rock as well. Not quite sure why he became so grunge and whining about life in every song. 

Thats not true.

Slash has released 3 albums with Myles boring.

I attended his concert and I was bored

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finck2006 said:

Thats not true.

So like I just said then... because of “Myles boring” 

The music is excellent. Just need Axl to do something with it. 

It will be much better than the weird/grunge/alternative/industrial style music from CD era. 

4 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

So like I just said then... because of “Myles boring” 

The music is excellent. Just need Axl to do something with it. 

It will be much better than the weird/grunge/alternative/industrial style music from CD era. 

I much prefer Axl's experimentation than Slash's cock rock. Slash has put out some great stuff (e.g. Anastasia), but most of it bleeds together and is uninspired.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I much prefer Axl's experimentation than Slash's cock rock. Slash has put out some great stuff (e.g. Anastasia), but most of it bleeds together and is uninspired.

End the argument they should put together both styles and make a fucking epic cock rock record. :headbang::lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

End the argument they should put together both styles and make a fucking epic cock rock record. :headbang::lol:

I don’t even know what cock rock is haha.

Its just riffs and solos. Proper rock music like GNR used to play. 

I do get that Myles is a bit bland.

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

To be honest I just assumed cock rock is what I thought it was seeing it used here.  Like Hard School, few illusions tracks, most of SMKC tracks. They do sound like a cock rocking out hahaha

Yeap, I think all of us see how bland Myles is. 

4 hours ago, axljungle said:

I dig Scraped; good riffs and good solos.  A nice compliment to Riad.

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Thats not true.

Maybe thats also because Myles is not too much of a bombastic frontman? 

14 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I dig Scraped; good riffs and good solos.  A nice compliment to Riad.

Axl did a really cool live performance of scraped in 2010 where he danced funny with his legs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Can't precisely put my finger on it, but he always seems to sing better for AB than Slash. Dunno why. With AB his voice sounds stronger, and less wobbly.

I'll add that I am a huge Myles, Slash and AB fan. Loved AB's first three records.

• Like 1

I might be in the minority...but after a few listens, I'm not overly impressed with the Hard School or Atlas Shrugged leaks. I can see whey each may not have been included on CD, but I don't think they are any worse than a few tracks that made the album cut....with that said....

Does anyone else think that the leak of "Going Down" a few years back was a better song overall than both of these leaks? I know Tommy had lead vocals and Axl sang backup on the chorus, but to me, that was a better track overall.

24 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I might be in the minority...but after a few listens, I'm not overly impressed with the Hard School or Atlas Shrugged leaks. I can see whey each may not have been included on CD, but I don't think they are any worse than a few tracks that made the album cut....with that said....

Does anyone else think that the leak of "Going Down" a few years back was a better song overall than both of these leaks? I know Tommy had lead vocals and Axl sang backup on the chorus, but to me, that was a better track overall.

Going Down was also more complete than either Hardschool or Atlas Shrugged. I think it captured the feeling of the old guest songs with Izzy and Duff. It was pretty cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Can't precisely put my finger on it, but he always seems to sing better for AB than Slash. Dunno why. With AB his voice sounds stronger, and less wobbly.

I'll add that I am a huge Myles, Slash and AB fan. Loved AB's first three records.

I think he's just more inspired with them. Plus with them he gets to evolve, try new things, really push himself as an artist. The Conspirators is more like a vacation for him it seems, like he's just there relaxing and coming up with cool stuff with Slash, no pressure to try new stuff, just doing what they do how they feel like it. It just seems like Slash is the easier gig.

7 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Lots of people have the discs from the locker now, hence the leaks.

so how come mygnr doesn't have them? we're always like last in the pecking order to get stuff. mygnr is always left out of the loop until a leak already happens. hence betas discord barn app chatroom. they probably circulate leaks there among themselves in the chat app.

3 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I really loved the first AB record, One Day Remains. Blackbird had its moments as well.

After that they lost me...

The Mayfield Four - his first band - was great as well (Mars Hotel is one of my favorites).

I can't figure out why he doesn't sound better with Slash. Myles is a nice guy... maybe too nice. I'd love to hear more agression in his voice lol.

He can't compete with a young Axl though. But he sure sounds better than Mickey Mouse, even on GnR material...

Edited by Lethalis

54 minutes ago, axlfans said:

so how come mygnr doesn't have them? we're always like last in the pecking order to get stuff. msl has the locker. walker has it. many others. yet mygnr is always left out of the loop until a leak already happens. hence betas discord barn app chatroom. they probably circulate leaks there among themselves in the chat app.

With the exception of Hardschool, Atlas, and a few early versions of released songs, the locker hasn't actually leaked, it's only circulating amongst traders/hoarders. Things leak when they fall into slippery hands. It's not about what forum someone's from.

• GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, zombux said:

there is a very good reason. since certain individuals tried to shut down this forum (and other forums as well) because stuff was shared here, the staff had to become super cautious.

(and yes, it's the same psycho scum gang which pretty much ruined the youtube uploads and the openly sharing community. so you can say thank you to them for that and also thank them that this place had only one option - approach everything very carefully)

it's a sad state of affairs i and everybody who cares has to say thank you to those kind. at the same time it deprives us of cool stuff. like atlas drums down. like atlas with added guitars. like state of grace. like so much else. the locker has so much stuff on it. so many axl treasures.  when it comes to discord. to get in on the action you need an invite. i have had no such luck in getting an invite. so i miss out on everything. though i do hear about msl and all that stuff by word of mouth. i can't believe someone is trying to make money off the locker when the locker should be enjoyed by Guns N' Roses fans and not kept secret for money.