2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

18 minutes ago, Duwz said:

honestly, it doesn't sound like Axl at all... and that's the first time i'd hear him "mumbling" the melody over a demo

Because a lot of these demos are recordings still in progress.  Bono does the same thing, mumbles or uses fake words in a work in progress melody  to later amnend with written lyrics

That is for sure Axl though, it is legit.

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Because a lot of these demos are recordings still in progress.  Bono does the same thing, mumbles or uses fake words in a work in progress melody  to later amnend with written lyrics

For me it doesnt sound like Axl

that's not news for me, I said I never heard AXL doing it, but thanks for explaining

also, the mix is a lot different from the other demos we heard... that means how the instruments and his voice sound together

1 minute ago, Finck2006 said:

For me it doesnt sound like Axl

Really? For me I can't imagine it being anyone but Axl!  His voice is sooo in "Live Era overdub" mode to me here haha.  He has an umistakable tone when he hits those higher, nearly-cracked high notes in that era similar to IRS

4 minutes ago, Duwz said:

also, the mix is a lot different from the other demos we heard... that means how the instruments and his voice sound together

Probably because it is a more rough mix than any of the other songs such as the CD demos we got that had finished vocals.  Those were really getting to "release mode" at that point? this is probably more of a track expressing an idea as opposed to laying down final vocals or mixes

It is for sure Axl though, there are things that not even the best Axl soundalikes can replicate when it comes to specific nuances of when he does certain things

Edited by WhazUp

Probably because it is a more rough mix than any of the other songs such as the CD demos we got that had finished vocals.  Those were really getting to "release mode" at that point? this is probably more of a track expressing an idea as opposed to laying down final vocals or mixes

It is for sure Axl, and I can't imagine it not being a legit clip.  It is 100 percent him

A lot of the tracks on the Zutaut discs could be untouched from before Tom started working on the project - he could just have been keeping the most-complete versions of those tracks around for reference

Re; State of Grace snippet

The "face now" lyric at 0:11 is a direct rip of the IRS vocals imo.
"Now im sorry" at 0:08 is also taken from another Chi Dem song, but I cant put my finger on which one it is.

Calling bullshit on this one for the time being <_<

Edited by downliner

To add onto my previous points too as to why I think this is for sure 100 percent legit:

-  Very similar vocals to IRS, same key (G, or concert F# if in standard tuning).  Axl-isms that are present all over Live Era's overdubbed vocals and CD vocals recorded from that time period.  Drum wise too, fills and grooves and drum-set tone very similar to what we have gotten from this batch so far

-  You can't stitch together clips seamlessly like that to make a totally new vocal melody unless you are one of the top audio engineers in the industry - even Evader's amazing General clip needed lots of different vocals going on at once in order to remotely fool the ear like the raspy part at the end of his clip

-  There has not been a single Axl impersonator that can come this close to sounding like Axl

And lastly, every single other clip and leak this past month that allegedly is coming from this same source of disks are all legitimate, there is precedent for legit GNR material coming out.  I just see no reason to believe that a clip that has unmistakably real Axl vox on it, is fake.  The only difference is this clip, has scratch vocals which is the first leak that has occurred on

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, downliner said:

Re; State of Grace snippet

The "face now" lyric at 0:11 is a direct rip of the IRS vocals imo.
"Now im sorry" at 0:08 is also taken from another Chi Dem song, but I cant put my finger on which one it is.

Calling bullshit on this one for the time being <_<

This isn't a fake, this exact snippet has been known to exist for weeks and it came from a trustworthy source

14 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

This isn't a fake, this exact snippet has been known to exist for weeks and it came from a trustworthy source

I'm happy to be proved wrong :) F'n love your avatar Apache, one of my favourite albums. In fact Im gonna spin that now instead of this 13 seconds of gibberish :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

How long in length is the SOG snippet?

13sec.

lyrics seem to be some temporary nananananaaa probably meant to just try how it sounds.

since this is the only version we know of, even if the whole thing leaks at some point, it's all we can hope for - nobody ever confirmed that any other version of SoG with vocals exists.

3. "STATE of GRACE" 3/27/00 (12) 4:00 (from Rough Mixes CD #3 tracklist)

interestingly, most of the songs leaked from this "era" come from the same date - just check this list - Quick Song is rumored to be floating somewhere, SoG as well, Prostitute that leaked last week might probably be also one of these... 3/27/00 sounds like an intriguing date :) 

4. "OKLAHAOMA" 3/23/00 (10) 4:12
1. "ME & MY ELVIS" 3/23/00 {#10} 5:40
3. "D TUNE" 3/23/00 {11} 5:16
4. "CURLY SHUFFLE" 3/23/00 {15} 3:43

5. "QUICKSONG" 3/27/00 (10) 4:00
3. "STATE of GRACE" 3/27/00 (12) 4:00
4. "PERHAPS" 3/27/00 {19} 3:56
6. "I.R.S." 3/27/00 (21) 4:14
5. "PROSTITUTE" 3/27/00 {23} 6:10
3. "ATLAS SHRUGGED" 3/27/00 {25} 4:12
7. "CATCHER" 3/27/00 {30} 5:35

7. "TONTO" 7/14/00 BLK/FRG dat (#3) 3:54