2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

57 minutes ago, Raykugen said:

2cpc9ia.jpg

I remember this. The guy talking to Axl complimented Buckethed`s solo on TWAT and Axl supposedly replied - wait till you hear his solo on Silkworms. So where is the big BH solo. There is definitely a better version of Silkworms out there.

Let Chinese Democracy die. Just let it die. Their current nostalgic, choreographed, stylized recapturing of their 80s period doesn't mesh well with the industrial, bitter stuff from the CD era. And even if this is a band that hopes to produce new music, I doubt Slash and Duff are going to be thrilled playing that stuff. It would make no sense for GNR to release this type of music right now, and despite SOYL being a mediocre song, scraped from the deepest parts of the proverbial barrel, it's definitely a move that harmonizes with everything they've been doing so far. At least it shows direction; not movement forward, but direction nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, kok said:

I remember this. The guy talking to Axl complimented Buckethed`s solo on TWAT and Axl supposedly replied - wait till you hear his solo on Silkworms. So where is the big BH solo. There is definitely a better version of Silkworms out there.

There's probably twenty different versions out there, after years of recording stems and demos.  :lol:

I'd love to hear everything in the vault that Bucket's a part of.

Just heard 'em... Axl should've just put those out as solo material. I actually think they are fine for what they are and believe the only reason those have not been released yet is the insane pressure to release something with the Guns N Roses brand. 

Had Axl just done those as solo material, he wouldnt have any pressure at all to release them and maybe we would have some cool stuff from him released. 

But those are in fact the tracks sent to BBF? Ive been thinking, on the same week OMG appears on the NITL set they leak it... Humm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kok said:

MAYBE the complete version with Bumble has some good solo - we'll see hopefully one day, when the real version is leaked :)

For those who haven't heard it yet, i can tell you that you'll never hear such a heavy bass in any other GN'R song, like the one that is on Silkworms.
Yep, it reminds NIN and Ministry a little, with a flavour from the New GN'R, specially in the beginning.

12 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i know we're all dying for new material but those are literally the two worst songs in gnr's catalog after my world. tbh im not even interested in the least bit but thats just me

Would much rather hear brand new  material instead of studio versions of all these songs that we’ve already heard thousands of times. 

I have zero interest in hearing a slightly altered version of a song that’s been around for 20 years. 

• Like 1

They’re ok for what they are but it’s pretty telling that all we’ve got in 20 years are these two songs and a handful of others. They’re simply not Guns material and I can see why they’ve never been officially released (other than OMG.) I’m wondering now if they’ll play that song live since it’s on the alt list. Would be interesting to hear Slash’s take on it.

There's a Ska/Reggae part in the middle of OMG.

Ska.

and.

Reggae.

In a Guns N' Roses.

Song.

You know the similarity between a baby's Ass and Axl Rose's head?
You never know what will get out of it.

And sometimes, it's the same thing, believe me. 

25 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

Let Chinese Democracy die. Just let it die. Their current nostalgic, choreographed, stylized recapturing of their 80s period doesn't mesh well with the industrial, bitter stuff from the CD era. And even if this is a band that hopes to produce new music, I doubt Slash and Duff are going to be thrilled playing that stuff. It would make no sense for GNR to release this type of music right now, and despite SOYL being a mediocre song, scraped from the deepest parts of the proverbial barrel, it's definitely a move that harmonizes with everything they've been doing so far. At least it shows direction; not movement forward, but direction nonetheless.

The boys just had a couple months off. And have been touring together for over a year now on a pretty light schedule. They aren’t grinding it out with shows every night. 

A very easy direction they could have taken - that would have thrilled their fan base - was to have just written a couple songs together over that year period. 

If the band had debuted two songs on this leg - a rocker and a ballad.....fans would be going crazy, the positive critical reaction would be outstanding. 

Those dudes are musicians. Why not create a song or two and share them will the millions of fans?

I want the rest of the CD sessions. There is no reason we can't have both that era and this one. Also, you guys need to open your minds to other genres.

10 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

There's a Ska/Reggae part in the middle of OMG.

Ska.

and.

Reggae.

In a Guns N' Roses.

Song.

You know the similarity between a baby's Ass and Axl Rose's head?
You never know what will get out of it.

And sometimes, it's the same thing, believe me. 

God forbid it be different from cock rock

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

The boys just had a couple months off. And have been touring together for over a year now on a pretty light schedule. They aren’t grinding it out with shows every night. 

A very easy direction they could have taken - that would have thrilled their fan base - was to have just written a couple songs together over that year period. 

If the band had debuted two songs on this leg - a rocker and a ballad.....fans would be going crazy, the positive critical reaction would be outstanding. 

Those dudes are musicians. Why not create a song or two and share them will the millions of fans?

I think GNR as a productive band hasn't been true for a long, long time. This is a nostalgia tour, for the most part. You can tell from the way it started,; everything was meant to bring back the 80s era vibe. Look at how Axl dresses and tell me this man isn't playing a role.

Edited by Sonic Reducer

8 minutes ago, Apollo said:

To piss you off, Groghan, to piss you off.

• Haha 2

Tryin' to clear it. It really sounds like it was recorded in a phone call, indeed.

But at least folks, we have them. It Took 19 years, but we have'em.

One small step for  a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Edited by NeonKinight
  • Like 1