All known Chinese Democracy era songs - a comprehensive list

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Fortus talked about Motormouth. Look it up.

Probably a fake quote

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?
Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)
What do you think of fans who bring signs to shows?
Remember GIMME SOME TWAT @ Hammerstein?
That was me! Can you tell us if you will play new (non chi dem ) material on tour in 09?
Axl gets up around 7, Gets on the Net around 9, Answering the same fucking questions 200 times, Typing away and feeling fine, We've been chatting with Mr. Brownstone, He's be typing, He needs a faster internet connection at HOOOOMMMMEEEEE!

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac 

Edit You can add Monstrosity Cuban Skies Light my fire mentioned by MSL. He was the first to mention on that list Going Down and Tonto back january 2011

Edited by Finck2006
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

Edit You can add Monstrosity Cuban Skies Light my fire mentioned by MSL. He was the first to mention on that list Going Down and Tonto back january 2011

Yes I was about to say that those three are missing. If you add those three then it matches the personal list that I made (51 titles in total).

Just now, Finck2006 said:

Sorry to say GNR central is not a source.

I mean the interview never existed

I definitely remember reading that interview way back in the day but yeah maybe it was fake, now that I think about it. Hard to remember. It was like 2006. So long ago...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Was it ever confirmed that 3 Dollar Pyramid and Better were one and the same? Or did someone just make that up to get attention?

Thats kinda what I was gonna say. Some of these song names are just working titles of songs we know of by different names.

The list is proably a little shorter if you take this into consideration. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bangit said:

i recall that one! From a long time ago.... no idea where it came from. 

Kerrang! I think. I remember them writing an article about 2000 Intentions at the end of the 90s and they mentioned Cock-A-Roach Soup. There were lots of different song titles in that article. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Kerrang! I think. I remember them writing an article about 2000 Intentions at the end of the 90s and they mentioned Cock-A-Roach Soup. There were lots of different song titles in that article. 

Kerrang 1999

Cock-a-roach Soup, Zip It, No Love Remains, Eulogy Of A Broken Heart, Suckerpunched, Friend Or Foe, Something Always, Hearts Get Killed, Closing In On You, Never Had It, Today Tomorrow Forever, Strange Disease.

All fake, or since speculated to be loops and sketches rejected by Axl at the most.

Edited by Azifwekare

On 29/08/2019 at 8:05 PM, TheSeeker said:

Tell me if this looks right or if I'm missing anything - I count 48 songs all together that are confirmed either through the locker CD listing or by Axl himself 

$3.00 Pyramid (demo)

As It Began (demo)

Atlas Shrugged (demo)

Better (officially released)

Billionaire (demo)

Catcher in the Rye (officially released)

Chinese Democracy (officially released)

Circus Maximus (demo)

Curly Shuffle (demo)

D Tune (demo)

Devious Bastard (demo)

Down By the Ocean (not available)

Dub Suplex (demo)

Dummy (demo)

Eyes on You (demo)

Going Down (demo)

Hard School (demo)

If the World (officially released)

Inside Out (demo)

I.R.S. (officially released)

Madagascar (officially released)

Me & My Elvis (demo)

Motormouth (not available)

Moustache (demo)

Nothing (demo)

Oh My God (officially released)

Oklahoma (demo)

Perhaps (demo)

Prom Violence (demo)

Prostitute (officially released)

Quick Song (demo)

RealDoll.com (demo)

Riad N' the Bedouins (officially released)

Scraped (officially released)

Seven (not available)

Shackler's Revenge (officially released)

Silkworms (demo)

Sorry (officially released)

State of Grace (demo)

Street of Dreams (officially released)

The General (not available)

There Was a Time (officially released)

This I Love (officially released)

Thyme (demo)

Tommy Stinson Untitled #1 (demo)

Tommy Stinson Untitled #2 (demo)

Tonto (demo)

Zodiac 13 (demo)

P.R.L. is another title from the Zutaut discs, but speculated to be Perhaps (like Me & My Elvis/Soul Monster) - not sure how reliable either of those assumptions are though.

Ides Of March was confirmed by Axl.

Axl said he wrote an 'experimental solo piece' called Daddy, Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me?, based on a scene from End Of Days.

Rick said The Rebel was on the Zutaut discs, but it doesn't appear on the tracklist we got.

Motormouth was denied by Axl.

Were Forgotten, Broken, Beta's Barn, Cuban Skies, Monstrosity and Light My Fire all mentioned by MSL? I can't remember. I think either Forgotten or Broken was supposedly mentioned by Frank to a fan, but that doesn't sound too reliable.

Also, I think the two Tommy demos are Going Down (the recent leak was labelled as the 1st version).

Edited by Azifwekare

4 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Axl said he wrote an 'experimental solo piece' called Daddy, Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me?, based on a scene from End Of Days.

Were Forgotten, Broken, Beta's Barn, Cuban Skies, Monstrosity and Light My Fire all mentioned by MSL? I can't remember. I think either Forgotten or Broken was supposedly mentioned by Frank to a fan, but that doesn't sound too reliable.

I strongly believe Axl was just joking when he said that. It's his sense of humor.

About what MSL said: I don't trust this. People often assume he knew everything, but I strongly believe he mixed true titles with made-up stuff (I remember hearing about Going Down way before MSL posted that). I wouldn't take any of those titles with any serious consideration.

13 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I strongly believe Axl was just joking when he said that. It's his sense of humor.

Possibly, he did troll us hard with that Jackie Chan title :lol:

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

About what MSL said: I don't trust this. People often assume he knew everything, but I strongly believe he mixed true titles with made-up stuff (I remember hearing about Going Down way before MSL posted that). I wouldn't take any of those titles with any serious consideration.

Yeah, I've always been on the fence with that batch of titles. I've never been able to get straight info on what went down then, but AFAIR Going Down appeared as an alt on the setlist after MSL mentioned it? He also mentioned Tonto, which was assumed to be bs too, but it appears on the Zutaut discs.

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Possibly, he did troll us hard with that Jackie Chan title :lol:

Yeah, I've always been on the fence with that batch of titles. I've never been able to get straight info on what went down then, but AFAIR Going Down appeared as an alt on the setlist after MSL mentioned it? He also mentioned Tonto, which was assumed to be bs too, but it appears on the Zutaut discs.

Like I said, I believe he mixed true information in order to get legitmacy. I heard two people talking about Going Down back in 2010, so if I knew about that, I'm sure others knew too (I'm obviosuly not an insider). The 1st appearence on the setlist was from Rio 2011, I guess. 

2 hours ago, axlsalinger said:

I seem to recall that someone unearthed a Richard Fortus instrumental demo called Tonto several years ago (after MSL listed it as a song title). 

The demo of Richard has nothing to do with the GNR version.

That demo was avaible in 2005 in his website.

3 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

The demo of Richard has nothing to do with the GNR version.

That demo was avaible in 2005 in his website.

I would say they are quite possibly linked.

It's an unusual title.

Just like a believe 'Box' by Izzy to be 'Down by the Ocean/Sea'

2 hours ago, Pele said:

I would say they are quite possibly linked.

It's an unusual title.

Just like a believe 'Box' by Izzy to be 'Down by the Ocean/Sea'

So you think Fortus copied the idea from a song of GNR written at least in 1999?

Anyway

Richard said that

that track on my site is from music that i did for a video game a while back. That track wasn't used in the game.

It has/had nothing to do with Gn'R"

On the list theres  not The Rebel?

Edited by Finck2006

I have a theory I want to run by you guys

I was researching the original interviews where "We Were Lying" and "Beta's Barn" got mentioned

Dizzy quote where "We Were Lying" was first mentioned:

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [...] (Dizzy Reed, Sp1at, January 2006)

The interviewer admits he might have misheard Dizzy - maybe Dizzy said "Me & My Elvis"?

Similarly, check out this 2009 interview with Chris Pitman:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=172

Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember now!

But to think of a favorite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called 'Beta's Barn'

Maybe Pitman said "Better Gone" and the interviewer misinterpreted it?

32 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Speaking of Ides of March, it really should be added to the list already! It's a very real title confirmed by Axl.

Removed "Motormouth" since I can find forum posts dating back 10+ years with people saying the interview was fake

Added "Ides of March"

Still at 48!

Found an old Tom Zutaut quote from 2008:

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/guns-n-roses-chinese-whispers

“There were probably 50 or 60 songs on four or five CDs with 12-15 songs a piece. I had to go through those songs and then sit with Axl and work with him directly to pick and choose which songs would be worth finishing.”

So it sounds like there's another 10+ songs that Tom and Axl discarded in 2001 when he joined the project because they weren't up to snuff