ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

its not Finck imo. Its Brian May playing like Slash in the first solo and playing as Brian May in the outro. Most probably May was thinking to himself: How would Slash play it?

its probably the only song where Axls clean voice is not annoying for the listener.

The solo is definitely all Brian. I assume the rest is Finck and Tobias.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it just me or does the song (sounding as though it's just repeating the first part over and over)...

Well, it almost sounds like it gets worse as it goes along, like the instrumentation goes from good, starts out strong with the guitars/vocals and then almost devolves, sounds more "poppy" (in a bad, Third Eye Blind, kinda way) and more empty as it goes along... I don't know. Just something about it is a little off for me. I'd love to love it. Unfortunately, I just kind of like it. Almost.  :/

First impressions: Naturally, not much of anything can live up to so much hype but it does, sadly sound very average and underwhelming. And I really hate saying that. The solo isn't nearly as good as Catcher. Nor is the song itself. Just another stupid opinion, I know. 

Edited by Estrangedfx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

come on...this can be played live. but without a chorus its not a hit. and the end of this song is pointless.

It can't be played live as recorded. It would need alterations the same way Catcher, Shackler's, and Prostitute needed changes to be played live.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

When you say ‘stay tuned’ does that mean you have heard legitimate info that Slash DID/HAS added a solo?

No. It was just a rumor going around that it was going to be the single. No idea how true that is.

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

No. It was just a rumor going around that it was going to be the single. No idea how true that is.

I really can't see this being a full-fledged single unless it has been reworked into something like Estranged, with multiple solos and verses. But that would require a comprehensive reconstruction, so who knows. It would be cool to hear Slash and Duff on it though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I feel like this is the worst version of the song that could have been leaked, a way-early demo that has the least amount of value to a leaker.  99% sure there's a more finished mix sitting on someone's hard drive.

This slow trickle of tracks is killing me, I want it all.  :lol:  Maybe this will put some pressure on the band to release some new music officially.

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it just me or does the song (sounding as though it's just repeating the first part over and over)...

Well, it almost sounds like it gets worse as it goes along, like the instrumentation goes from good, starts out strong with the guitars/vocals and then almost devolves, sounds more "poppy" (in a bad, Third Eye Blind, kinda way) and more empty as it goes along... I don't know. Just something about it is a little off for me. I'd love to love it. Unfortunately, I just kind of like it. Almost.  :/

First impressions: Naturally, not much of anything can live up to so much hype but it does, sadly sound very average and underwhelming. And I really hate saying that. The solo isn't nearly as good as Catcher. Nor is the song itself. Just another stupid opinion, I know. 

I agree, to an extent. I like it, but I don't love it. It's a bit of an odd mix, vocals kind of buried but then, it's just a demo. I think it's got the potential to turn into something great. Not as great as Catcher, though. I don't see that happening. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

While i agree that Riad/Scraped/Shackler's provide a unique element to CD, Atlas and Hardschool sound more inline with the ballads and rockers of the album. Atlas would fit nicely with SOD, CITR and Prostitute while Hardschool would fit nicely with IRS, Better and Chinese Democracy.

Don't make me say it...

Greta Van Fleet! :P

Only joking, they're not that great. 

Alice in Chains put out some great stuff recently.

Greta van Fleet is a joke and AIC was formed in 1987, wtf!? :D

Just now, bigal said:

I’m just here for the posts analyzing who this song is about. But it’s definitely about Gilby

It's a rule that every Axl song since 1997 is about Slash.

Only exception is Rock the Rock, which is about an asteroid.  :axl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Obviously not a final mix. I’d be interested to see if a good one takes it to another level. There’s a lot to play in there dynamically to make certain parts stand out. 

It actually fits nicely between There Was A Time and Catcher on my 99/00 playlist.  

Edited by guitarpatch