ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Probably the top 5 "holy grails" that could drop:

• The General
  • Soul Monster / Leave Me Alone
  • Seven
  • AFD '99
  • Silkworms (album version)

Id rather here izzy’s song Down By The Ocean than Silkworms. Evader’s Remix is close enough to what the old demo of Silkworms most likely sounds like anyways.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

It gets better with each listen. Axl’s style can be a little jarring at first but once you listen to something of his a few times and settle into it you learn to see the beauty of it, sorta.

Agreed. I'm digging more each time I listen and noticing new things. Brian May fucking kills it too on this track. It's a very Queen-like solo with his trademark sound.

Man, this week has been the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

The glam November Rain was attributed to Atlas but by whom I can't remember. Maybe the '99 Rolling Stone interviewer.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2007/11/06/sebastian-bach-spouts-more-axl-rose-rhetoric/

Tom Zutaut

And the RS interview was in Feb 00 by David Wilde 

Edited by Gnrfan2001

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Id rather here izzy’s song Down By The Ocean than Silkworms. Evader’s Remix is close enough to what the old demo of Silkworms most likely sounds like anyways.

I'm down for hearing all of the recordings, I just give the nod to Silkworms so I can enjoy a proper studio version of it that isn't a remix.  :P  

Digging into older songs I found this scrapped ChiDem tracklisting on gnrev, was Stardust a working name for a song or is it just bullshit?
Edit: just realized it's likely Street of Dreams after remembering it has a "stardust" lyric

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Riad
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Stardust
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. The Lies They Tell
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Madagascar
13. Prostitute

Edited by Gackt

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

I'm down for hearing all of the recordings, I just give the nod to Silkworms so I can enjoy a proper studio version of it that isn't a remix.  :P  

Digging into older songs I found this scrapped ChiDem tracklisting on gnrev, was Stardust a working name for a song or is it just bullshit?

Stardust is the blues

13 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Edit: just realized it's likely Street of Dreams after remembering it has a "stardust" lyric

Yes, Stardust is SoD, it's in the Red Hand album liner notes in a couple of places as well.

I like it, but it is obviously a rough demo. The transitions are very jarring. Would love to hear the finished article. 

1 minute ago, mazifin96 said:

I like it, but it is obviously a rough demo. The transitions are very jarring. Would love to hear the finished article. 

The vocals are very drowned in the music aswell. Again not gonna judge this track until I hear the final version. If that ever happens. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I hear Zeppelin, a touch of Jane's Addiction and a touch of Crowes (circa Three Snakes) in it. 

It's a great track. It's so odd listening to something we've heard about for 19 years without having heard a single note until now. But I'm loving it, the synth and orchestration in the 2nd verse is just fantastic. 

• Like 1