ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

I might be wrong, but I remember BBF saying that right up until the album was wrapped he was trying to somehow squeeze Atlas into CD, but couldn't. That means there must be a FINISHED Atlas somewhere in Axl's vault.

My money is on it being exactly the same vocal take with re-recorded drums, extra layers of sound on top, clips of Malcolm X speeches, Andean condors squawking in the distance, and Ron's rushed noodling replacing Brian's work. But who knows, it might end up being the only song with vocals we know of so far that actually evolved somewhere between 1999 and 2008.

Ok, I lol'd at this. Mostly because I'm sure that's EXACTLY how the newest version sounds. They can keep it in the vaults. 

It really bothers me that some people are giving terrible reviews to this song. It’s a demo!!!! What if the title to this thread had the word “demo” or “rough mix” in it? Would you people still be so harsh? 

I highly, highly doubt satisfaction, teenage wasteland, wish you were here, etc. would be legendary songs if the operational demo track was released.

Do people think artists go to a studio, record the vocals, bass, guitar, and drums all in one take? The engineer or producer then click “burn” and magically the world gets a generational song?

This song CLEARLY could be a hit once the final version was released (or leaked). 

Edited by Stoymatic
Forgot something
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, SeBaZ said:

A big song doesn't need a big production. 

Proof: November Rain acoustic demo, or the piano version. Bad quality sound, very high quality song

Right but November Rain also wouldn't have been a hit if it was just a really long piano and vocals only demo - the arrangement and mix of a song really matters.  So I just feel like going "this was supposed to be one of the big guns, this sucks", at an unfinished recording, unfinished mix rough demo from 2000 may be an indication of high expectations or expecting this to be a finished recording.  

I kind of look forward to fan mixes of these demos + the officially released stuff to make a better album than whatever Axl came up with

People had been doing that with the Beach Boys SMILE album for years before Brian finally went back through all the material and properly recorded the album the way he originally intended

I hope Axl doesn't wait until he's 70 to start doing that

Edited by TheSeeker

Lol at Slash not wanting to make Soundgarden/Pearl Jam/more ballads then going on to form VR and do a bunch of STP songs, and all the stuff Axl was writing that wasn't Buckethead driven songs (which came after slash's replacement was replace) sounds like it could have been on UYI 3 in 1993. Obviously the musical differences was not the real issue between those two and that part of the break up history can probably be retired.

2 minutes ago, Stro said:

Lol at Slash not wanting to make Soundgarden/Pearl Jam/more ballads then going on to form VR and do a bunch of STP songs, and all the stuff Axl was writing that wasn't Buckethead driven songs (which came after slash's replacement was replace) sounds like it could have been on UYI 3 in 1993. Obviously the musical differences was not the real issue between those two and that part of the break up history can probably be retired.

The difference from afar looks more like Axl wasn’t in writing mode/wanted to flesh out songs to get inspired and Slash wanted to lay down his riffs and get on the road. Prob more wrong time/wrong place for them in their lives at that point to be working together.

If Slash was locked in rehearsals/studio for years on end for an Axl approved album, it probably would have killed him before it was finished  

• Like 1

So I was wrong. It wasn’t Roy Thomas Baker who called this song “glam rock November Rain.” It was Zutaut... is this guy really THAT stupid that he hears an alternative rock, grunge-inspired song and thinks it’s a glam rock piano ballad?

No wonder this cuck let Nikki Sixx fuck his girlfriend right in front of him.[\spoiler]

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So I was wrong. It wasn’t Roy Thomas Baker who called this song “glam rock November Rain.” It was Zutaut... is this guy really THAT stupid that he hears an alternative rock, grunge-inspired song and thinks it’s a glam rock piano ballad?

Hide contents

No wonder this cuck let Nikki Sixx fuck his girlfriend right in front of him.[\spoiler]

There is something a bit glam-rock about his vocal delivery. Reminds me of 70s Bowie vocally.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1