ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not sure if not allowed to do this for whatever reason, but fuck it...

Paging @axlrosefan4life 

What’s this shit now about there only being like seven unheard songs in total with vocals on the storage locker discs? Whatever happened to “16 songs with vocals that you’ve never heard before”?

Technically we'd never heard "Prostitute 1999, Version 3" before, so he wasn't really lying, lol. :axl:

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Technically we'd never heard "Prostitute 1999, Version 3" before, so he wasn't really lying, lol. :axl:

He had confirmed a list that was originally posted elsewhere, which was about 15 songs with vocals without counting versions of songs that were on CD.

Just now, Blackstar said:

He had confirmed a list that was originally posted elsewhere, which was about 15 songs with vocals without counting versions of songs that were on CD.

Now 15....I may have done that deal. Then why the earlier posts claiming 7ish? 

Just now, Blackstar said:

I've read some different things... apparently there's only a handful of "complete" songs/demos, and then there's stuff like "Dummy" which is 6 mins long but it has the same few lyrics repeating over and over....

2 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’m an insane fan and I would not do that deal. BTW we were at a few of the same guns shows @Gordon Comstock

Seattle 2016 was great! That was the best performance of Coma I've heard them do. Out Ta Get Me and Catcher In The Rye were really good too. Which Vegas shows were you at?

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've read some different things... apparently there's only a handful of "complete" songs/demos, and then there's stuff like "Dummy" which is 6 mins long but it has the same few lyrics repeating over and over....

So maybe some parts of ideas and whatnot? I’d buy that. Still. These songs are amazing and I’m enjoying them but these songs all need some work

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Seattle 2016 was great! That was the best performance of Coma I've heard them do. Out Ta Get Me and Catcher In The Rye were really good too. Which Vegas shows were you at?

I was actually at the Vegas 01 dec 29th show, Vegas NYE 2011, and one of those November 2012 shows not sure of the exact date. But Izzy was there! Oh and the second Vegas 2016 show. Hated that Axl was in the fucking chair but he sounded awesome!

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I was actually at the Vegas 01 dec 29th show, Vegas NYE 2011, and one of those November 2012 shows not sure of the exact date. But Izzy was there! Oh and the second Vegas 2016 show. Hated that Axl was in the fucking chair but he sounded awesome!

Was 12/29/01 a good show? I wish a video of that one existed.

I think people need to keep in mind that these are demos and not the finished product. Keep in mind that some of the AFD demos were a bit different than what ended up on AFD. Ditto with UYI. 

It's very clear to me that Hard School and Atlas needs work.  I think Slash and Duff can put their touches on these songs and finish it. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stro said:

The UYI demos that circulate at least are almost all the actual album takes just without the album mixing. AFD did have some changes, though, certainly. The original outro for Rocket Queen is just awful. 

There were some differences. The demo for November Rain was at first 28 minutes long. Don't Cry from 1986 was a bit different than what appeared on the album. 

RQ definitely improved from the demo to the final product on AFD. 

Edited by Draguns

30 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Nice! Izzy was at the last two shows in 2012 (November 23 and 24) and that was the last time he publicly performed with Axl. There were some really cool moments but I'd probably rate those as the 'worst' GNR shows I've seen... but that really says more about how good the other shows were. 14 Years and Dead Flowers were really cool even though Axl didn't sound great... the weird thing about that time period was that Axl's clean voice mostly sounded completely Mickey and awful, but every now and then he'd use a cool, vintage-sounding, heavily mid-western accent. It was weird, but I like that voice. And there were moments where he'd sing with a strong clean voice or the classic raspy voice, like WTTJ was way better in 2012 than it was in 2017 for example.

I met Bumblefoot at both residencies btw, super nice guy, I was kinda drunk the 2nd time and asked him if they could play TWAT and Prostitute (they'd played them both the night before, for the first times in ages) and sure enough, he gave me a funny look when they started playing TWAT the next night (I was in the front row, on his side of the stage).

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Was 12/29/01 a good show? I wish a video of that one existed.

It was a little off in the beginning but after that....amazing. Axl was in insane shape and it was the original CD band. I literally to this day have never been that excited. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

It was a little off in the beginning but after that....amazing. Axl was in insane shape and it was the original CD band. I literally to this day have never been that excited. 

Did Axl walk off during OMG or did his mic just stop working? Was his voice similar to other 2001/02 shows or did he sound more like 2006? (He looked physically a lot more like 2006 Axl than Rio 2001 Axl, so I've always wondered if his vocals were more raspy at those shows).