ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I heard the same thing. Wonder if it’s going to make it out? I haven’t heard the Atlas remix. I heard it’s a much better mix. 

I also heard that is a fan was working to do a mix.

Funny fact.

Scom was included in a movie called State of Grace (1990)

Edited by Finck2006

For some reason, Atlas reminds me of The Truth from Slash's Snakepit.  Thinking this made me go back and listen to The Truth, and my god, image Axl on a song like that.  Now THAT would be an awesome song.  Hope the new album is 90% new material that is just rock based and simple.  Axl needs to go back to that.  

People were freaking out because Axl sang AC/DC songs, ppl freaked out at the looney toons song, ppl are freaking out for parts of Hardschool....common denominator?  Those are all straight forward ROCK.

Edited by dogman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think we got the album we did because of the leaks in '06. If you think about it, most of the songs on CD leaked and all of those leaked tracks ended up on the album. Then the ones that didn't leak (Sorry, TIL, etc.) filled out the rest. I feel like if the tracks in '06 never leaked, we'd have gotten a better album.

who cares, if they didnt take 1000 years to release an album leaks wouldnt exist

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, uruguns said:

who cares, if they didnt take 1000 years to release an album leaks wouldnt exist

I just had a very long winded discussion about all of this with a friend yesterday. The lady thing I said in the whole tirade was "...and absolutely none of this would even be an issue if Axl Rose would just release music for his fans to buy" 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just had a very long winded discussion about all of this with a friend yesterday. The lady thing I said in the whole tirade was "...and absolutely none of this would even be an issue if Axl Rose would just release music for his fans to buy" 

I had a similar discussion with my wife after subjecting her to repeated listens of Atlas Shrugged last night, but then I thought of it from another angle. Axl could have a million different reasons for being so reticent to put out new music and the truth is, just because we want him to desperately, it doesn't mean he should feel pressured into doing something he isn't happy with.

The creative process can be excruciating for some and  the industry side of things can be soul destroying. Many of these things could factor into Axl's decision making when it comes to why he has ultimately chosen to hoard these songs away for years.

It's awesome that we've got to hear two new tracks in the last two weeks, one of which I really like (Atlas) and the other I love. It would feel great to have something officially released for a change, something which Axl's given his official stamp of approval over. Even CD had to literally be prized out of his hands and was released without his consent. Who the fuck knows what's going on in that mind of his, but I'm just grateful to hear anything new from the guy.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

The thing is, if Axl was proud of this piece of music he put together, he'd at least take the chance to perform it at a concert or two.  That Tokyo Dome show would have been even more legendary if for the encore, the band performed these songs lost to time.

To me, it sounds very Frankenstein. Pieces copied and pasted together. That solo is not Brian May. Perhaps the final note or two was pasted on. 

Sounds a bit 90s grunge, which I think Axl was into at the time. 

With Slash back, I do hope the riff returns to GNR. Would love to hear Axl singing over a good guitar riff, it’s been nearly 30 years.

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

To me, it sounds very Frankenstein. Pieces copied and pasted together. That solo is not Brian May. Perhaps the final note or two was pasted on. 

Sounds a bit 90s grunge, which I think Axl was into at the time. 

With Slash back, I do hope the riff returns to GNR. Would love to hear Axl singing over a good guitar riff, it’s been nearly 30 years.

I agree that I don’t think the full solo is Brian. The first time I listened to it I kept waiting for some Brian May, and then when the harmonizing started I was like “oh, there he is”. The rest of the solo sounds too fuzzy to be his tone to me, and it doesn’t especially sound like his style. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

that fink vids a bit deep isn't it. quite enjoyed that.

Glad you watched / dug it! 

Check out that whole series if you like guitar music in general. The Johnny Marr one is great, Mick Mars... Steve Lukather... Kirk Hammet...even Paul Stanley's was rockin.

Edited by Ant

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

This is an ignorant statement. There is plenty of good rap today. Just say you don't like newer stuff. 21 Savage and Kendrick Lamar are both awesome. Vic Mensa too.

This is completely off topic but Kendrick has to be the most overrated rapper out there right now. People act like he's God's gift to hip-hop and some kind of living legend.... but I've never heard a good song from the guy. And I gave him a chance, listened to DAMN a couple times and some of his old shit... I just simply do not understand the hype. My top 3 rappers right now would be Yelawolf, Anderson .Paak, and Hopsin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is completely off topic but Kendrick has to be the most overrated rapper out there right now. People act like he's God's gift to hip-hop and some kind of living legend.... but I've never heard a good song from the guy. And I gave him a chance, listened to DAMN a couple times and some of his old shit... I just simply do not understand the hype. My top 3 rappers right now would be Yelawolf, Anderson .Paak, and Hopsin.

DAMN is a just a really good modern rap. You may or may not like it (I don't except 4-5 songs) but To Pimp A Butterfly is just a stone cold classic on a first listen. You really should listen to that album, especially if you like Anderson .Paak

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

And if Robin played with an octaver (well, Slash did in LALD) and with a coin instead of a regular guitar pick. :P

It's Brian, it's pretty much a solo from the Another World era, i mean the style and tone. BUT.. somehow the solo feels edited and pro tooled.

It's a sin to touch a BM solo.

From around the same era:

Edited by Russel Nash