ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Never heard the previous clips as I was waiting for the full leak. 

I liked it. But definitely not as good as Catcher In The Rye or November Rain (not sure why the comparisons to this, it sounds NOTHING like it). Not even in the same league.

Hard School was much better.

im with the talking towel on this one :) x

• Like 1

I dig it, very catchy. Can't help but wonder if a small was solo was cut (song is badly edited at 2:42).

Very unusual chord progression and at the same time it reminds of a lot of "Yesterdays". Love Axl the way Axl sings, different from the rest of CD.

It feels like a classic, only lacking a true solo, but then again, maybe we haven't heard the full thing.

Love Brian May guitar.

Didnt really expect time signatures that strayed away from 4/4. I think its cool. Kinda had a different image of the whole song in my head though. Kinda hoped the song kept the vibe that it had going at 1:07. A sort of mix of soundgarden and pearl jam-ish stuff i guess.

Its got some good parts but all together i dont think it works as well as it could. It sounds too disconnected sometimes.

It is an early version of the song. But we also have to remember that the 99 versions of the CD songs we already have are structurally the same (with the exception of I.R.S. and CD which added another guitar solo section), so its likely that this same song would be unchanged in its final form

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Creed said:

What? No way.

Atlas Shrugged is the first song from CD that has a positive vibe. It sounds totally different then any other song on CD.

Axl and May are magic.

Exactly, it doesn't sound dark as the rest of Chinese. Very positive vibes indeed.

I like it. It's not the epic we were expecting, I think, but it's not a finished song. So who knows? I've heard it only twice, but it's stuck in my head. I think that's a good sign.

If I were to compare it to any GNR song, I would say it reminds me most of Catcher, not November Rain, If the World or any other song really.

And I agree with the people saying it sounds positive. Glad to know Axl could write a positive sounding song too in the CD era :lol:

6 minutes ago, Creed said:

What? No way.

Atlas Shrugged is the first song from CD that has a positive vibe. It sounds totally different then any other song on CD.

Axl and May are magic.

The first 1:08 sec are like GnR should have sound like after the UYI era.

Yeah I meant catcher.

5 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

In what sort of way? On what sort of world?

I meant catcher

This songs gives me a glimpse into what I imagine the later mid/late 90s were like in Hollywood for the band holed up in various studios, hot as fuck outside every day, musicians enjoying playing with each other regardless of whether a release was on the foreseeable horizon or not.  Really could have heard this on MTV and/or VH1 and the radio back then.  Never in a million years thought a GN'R song would be reminiscent of something Stone Temple Pilots could produce but, I guess I can somewhat hear the comparison.   I like it, though.  I can't imagine any newly-written GN'R material sounding like this, though.  Regardless, I like it.

• Like 1

Hearing this is depressing a little because it reminds me of just how horridly shit today's "popular" music is.  The closest to quality we have today for new bands' rock music is just revival/retro/throwback type stuff.  That's better than nothing but I just can't see quality music like this being consistent, again.  Sad.