ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Intro is my favorite part. The keyboard sounds rad

I like the song, but like Hard School, wish it had another vocal part to change it up. Hearing the one frankensteined Brian May luck is pretty funny (it's a good sounding lick) . 

I think full rasp would have really helped this song on particular. 

I cant brlieve after all these years we have this song. Amazing

I prefer without rasp on this one personally. Makes Axl "weaker" and it suits the lyrics. Wouldn't mind a cleaner vocal take and a better mix though, it's too muddy here.

I think Slash can definitely improve this song, fits GN'R old style, though I hope they keep Brian May's parts.

Can't wait for the official release on the next album.

The more I listen to the song, the more I like it. Fuck was this lineup productive. I absolutely love Axl's personal input on all of the CD lyrics. It turns things into gold. Really love this piece.

• Like 4

Added a few more listens already. 

Absolutely a grower. I love it. Wasn't there rumours of Slash and Duff laying down some work for this track or am I alternate reality losing myself here? This definitely sounds like something they could play on and sound natural on. 

11 minutes ago, username said:

No it's not. It's just the only song at this point we've heard parts of instead of just a title. Just on the Rough Mixes 1-4 cd's were like 15-20 more songs that we only know by title without having ever heard a single note. 

What do you mean it's not? It's always been the most hyped song of CD2. Already before we knew we had heard any parts of it. It's considered one of the A-listed songs, it's one of Sebastian Bach's favorites and he called it the heaviest metal tune that Axl has done, Dizzy has hyped it, etc... If there's a Holy Grain of CD2 songs, I think most people would agree that it's The General. Already before CD1 had been released, there were two songs that competed of the holy grail spot, one was Prostitute and the other one was The General. Marco Beltrami preferred Seven over The General though. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I don’t think this latest leak is real. It sounds fab made, and it sounds like it just keeps repeating the part of the song we already had...

Hardschool also had repeated lyrics. It's worth keeping in mind that these are early demos and clearly works in progress.

• GNFNR 1

The only thing that ever comes to mind why Axl keeps all this buried, is when he passes, it’s his gift for Team Brazil. For them to put out album after album . For them to always be financially set . The leaks back then made the concerts more interesting. For certain die hards fans . I remember going to the Hammerstein shows, knowing most of the leaks back then made the shows more special . I only use my iPhone and iPad , so I doubt I can find anything right now.

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

but somehow i can not imagine slash covering Dr. May. I hope May will stay on this one and Slash will just continue this solo.

Oh absolutely. I just commented on a reddit thread about it but I'll mention here too. Brian May's solo here is great. Whatever final version there is/will be, Brian needs to stay on it. Beautiful solo. 

• Like 1

I'd like to gather thoughts on several stuff.

Have you ever seen this happen in any band that famous, ever?

What really strikes me is how intelligent Axl is, regarding lyrics, and the way he sees things. He is a true artist.

I really find it... how to put it... I won't find the right word. But I think it's outstanding that Axl read Atlas Shrugged & Catcher in the rye, yet his lyrics for the songs have little to do with the books. They are more references given the title, but the songs themselves are his interpretations of things, he gives a lot lyrically. It's not like he made a summary of the books or paraphrased stuff. He gave his guts on most of the CD stuff regarding lyrics.

I just love his approach. It's fucking tasty.

Axl you fucking genius.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

The only way some of the songs that didn't make don't make it is if he genuinely thought he was going to put out another record.

I guess

This and Hard School sound good and I dig the vibe but they need another verse at least.

I like the abstract nature to CD but these are story songs and the story is incomplete. 

Axl’s lyrics leave something to be desired

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

haha. 'prostitute' and 'if the world' are awful.

Yeah, Prostitute is the most famous example of people overhyping a song and then being disappointed with it. It's a great song, but I think most people were expecting some kind of a badass rocker. The General has been hyped for so long that it's bound to disappoint people no matter what it sounds like.

If The World is awful in my opinion too, but that one was never overhyped.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I never thought I'd say it, but its the most average GNR song I've ever heard. Maybe even bland. A wise choice to leave it off the album. 

Not bad, not great.....just a bit forgettable. 

I got the shotgun blues, shotgun blues.

Come on man. Lyrics are fucking fantasting, the May solo is golden, the chord progression is unusual. Give it a few more listens! ; )

Imagine if we had this, hardschool, and a finished goin down on the album instead of scraped, if the world, and shackler's or whatever.

What is clear is that there is definitely an album that is not so far off track of what gnr feels like as opposed to what ultimately got released.

• Like 1