Possible New Guns N' Roses Song in Terminator: Dark Fate

http://www.darkhorizons.com/dark-fate-gets-new-guns-n-roses-song/

The new “Terminator: Dark Fate” isn’t just bringing back actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton, it is also apparently ushering in the (brief) return of Guns N’ Roses.

Fansite Guns Over Oz (via The NME) is reporting that original GNR members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan were invited to a private screening of an early cut of the film and then went to work on finishing a currently untitled song for it.

Their posting says: “Four members of Guns N’ Roses went to a private viewing of a rough copy of the upcoming Arnold Schwarzenegger sequel movie to see if they want to put a song on the soundtrack. Apparently, Slash was at Axl’s house to record overdubs on a song for the rush release. At this point the song name is unknown. But yes 100% verified. Guns N’ Roses new music.”

The song’s release is apparently aiming to coincide with that of the film’s premiere on November 1st. The band’s hit song “You Could Be Mine” from their “Use Your Illusion” two-part album was handpicked by Arnold Schwarzenegger for 1991’s “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”.

The band’s core group disbanded in the mid-1990s but have since been on a highly successful reunion tour with original bassist Duff McKagan, singer Axl Rose, and lead guitarist Slash. Rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin declined to return, though original drummer Steven Adler has appeared a few times to perform select songs with the reunited band.

The story comes as Hamilton has spoken about the film with The New York Times, more specifically about the rigorous training she did for the new film which she claims took ten times the effort she put into “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” and she “had a true village of experts trying to get the most out of this body”.

She goes on to say she doesn’t want people to gush over her physique, that wasn’t the point: “I don’t think there’s going to be one person who comes up to me who says, ‘You look so great for your age.’ I threw that into the Mississippi River, because that’s not what this is about. I want people to see me and go, ‘Oh my God, she got so old.'”

“Terminator: Dark Fate” opens in cinemas November 1st.

Edited by HollyW00d