What is “the locker”

36 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

What if you created a brand of tasty lemonade that people love, with a lineup of buyers down the street, then you go and create a bunch of different and interesting flavours, refuse to let anybody taste them, and keep them in the back of the fridge for 20 years? 

The guy that makes that lemonade sounds like a ginger tosser.

5 hours ago, Rayno said:

I'd love to hear this one.  anyone think Izzy will care if they leak?  I mean I doubt the guys has anything more than an old AOL dial up modem to access the internet.  probably wouldn't even hear about the leak for a few more years. lol

can we start a go fund me for Appetite for Distortion to get Zutaut on the show to get his insight in this?

Edited by Chester 524
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sprite said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 but also neglects the reality of what is. I don’t know if Guns N Roses have ever had the financial success they’ve had recently with the re grouping so what solid advice is, I don’t know. Ideally yes, maybe that’s what should have happened. But it didn’t and it worked out fine. Axl is almost universally respected today, the band is extremely successful, we got great music out of New gnr, velvet revolver, solo work, acdc, etc. 

If we want ideal situations, people like Tom zutaut have nothing to do with the music of Guns N’ Roses. He is quite literally a beggar and hanger on. I know it’s a business but we are talking ideals here which has nothing to do with money, A&R people etc. ideally music like any art is created by one person or a group and then belongs to everyone collectively. Nothing personal against Tom, but it’s positions like his that complicate the entire thing. all told, it worked out well for everyone the way it happened.

My theory is Axl came in with the name and a lot of the creative direction, carried the flag while the others were burnt out on various substances, thought he was abandoned and/or cornered to take something a certain direction, and did what he did for what he felt he worked for. I don’t really know though because all I have is what everyone has to go off of. You also have to consider Guns wasn’t what it is today in 1999. Obviously they had huge success but in 1999, they were only 10 years off of their initial success. It’s not like they were the Beatles coming back replacing Lennon. I mean Slash is only just now coming into that legendary Hendrix/ Page/ Clapton guitar echelon because he’s been at it so long. Axl was in his mid 30s then and probably didn’t think it was over or nostalgia from then on. 

If you started a lemonade stand with your friends that was really successful initially, and you worked hard at it, spoke to the people, ran the numbers, basically were the face of it and people LOVED it. They’ve never had lemonade like this. It reminds them of the raw lemonade they got in the 70s and very unlike the synthetic lemonade they get today. Then, You make new recipes that are different from your initial product but extremely popular. You get more fans because you decided to mix in ice tea and expand your customer base. Your friends go along with it for a bit then come to you after the success and say “I’m not selling that iced tea lemonade shit anymore” and this is the lemonade we are selling, shut up and squeeze. You say, well this lemonade has potential, I’d like to work with it, but it needs something. They say this is the product, period. You watch it flop and feel vindicated in a way and think fuck this shit, I’m taking the brand we created that I piloted and I’m doing this. I’m enhancing our lemonade. That’s basically how I view the gnr saga from 85-99.

Shut up and squeeze lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1