State of Grace [10 second leak] **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah he also recreated all of the vocals from the leaked cellphone clip of The General using just the ChiDem rock band vocal stems iirc. So shit like this can definitely be deep-faked nowadays.

Yep. I'd say I'm 95% certain this is fake. 

I just cannot believe there's so many attention seeking people involved in these deals. The GNR fans are the ones who always come out on the losing end. Always. It's just a shame. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah he also recreated all of the vocals from the leaked cellphone clip of The General using just the ChiDem rock band vocal stems iirc. So shit like this can definitely be deep-faked nowadays.

he made the chorus by isolating live vocals I believe not the cd tracks.

he tried to recreate the vocals for the general, but not all of them and the vocal take sounded far worse than state of grace.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Just remember that evader was able to create an entire chorus for Silkworms using syllables Axl sang on the Chinese mutli tracks. 

I'm not saying evader had anything to do with this clip, I'm just saying that it's very doable and has been done. 

I haven't heard whatever this is and didn't create it. If it had been me, I'd like to think I could have come up with something better than (unintelligible... unintelligible).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, evader said:

I haven't heard whatever this is and didn't create it. If it had been me, I'd like to think I could have come up with something better than (unintelligible... unintelligible).

Right on. Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say that you had anything to do wit this. I just know that it's possible to fake a vocal and was pointing out the (great) work you did 

9 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

he made the chorus by isolating live vocals I believe not the cd tracks.

he tried to recreate the vocals for the general, but not all of them and the vocal take sounded far worse than state of grace.

Vocal take on the real General you mean? Or Evader’s version?

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right on. Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say that you had anything to do wit this. I just know that it's possible to fake a vocal and was pointing out the (great) work you did 

Cool beans. If I ever hear this clip, I should be able to clear up if/how it was faked.

2 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

I'll say it's real for now. Doesn't sound the greatest from 13 seconds. Wasn't the Checkmate leak around the same length? It was definitely more interesting than this.

Is State of Grace a title we've heard before? I don't seem to recall it.

We never heard about it until the storage locker discs were found a few months ago, as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Is State of Grace a title we've heard before? I don't seem to recall it.

I can't remember anything about State of Grace being a song title anywhere; most I got from researching was a 90's movie called State of Grace that used GNR's SCOM in it.

It's a rough teaser, but I'm leaning towards it being real as well.  It comes across as a low quality rough mix.

8 minutes ago, Ideals Of March said:

State of Grace, but originally name is Friend or Foe.

BTW it's Real

wasn't friend or foe one of the fake titles mentioned in Kerrang all those years ago?

10 minutes ago, Ideals Of March said:

State of Grace, but originally name is Friend or Foe.

BTW it's Real

See below. 

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

wasn't friend or foe one of the fake titles mentioned in Kerrang all those years ago?

Yep.... Yet more "insider information" that's just recycled news from years ago. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

See below. 

Yep.... Yet more "insider information" that's just recycled news from years ago. 

Sounds real to me.

When did you think you would tell me?
How long you think I could wait for now, I said...
I'm gonna live 'with now' or die.
I'd only thought you're faced now with livin' with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, evader said:

Sounds real to me.

When did you think you would tell me?
How long you think I could wait for now, I said...
I'm gonna live 'with now' or die.
I'd only thought you're faced now with livin' with it.

Fair enough. You're far more of an authority on audio than I am and of course you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't hear it myself :/

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

We never heard about it until the storage locker discs were found a few months ago, as far as I know.

Ok that makes sense. I just read the list of all known songs and was surprised to see that one there. I didn't remember seeing it in the locker discussion.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Fair enough. You're far more of an authority on audio than I am and of course you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't hear it myself :/

Well, I certainly didn't say it sounded good, at least. :lol: It actually sounds like somebody's instrument is out of tune, but the little bit of vocal isolation I did seems to suggest at least that part of it is real.

• Haha 2