MyGNR song

Have the forum members ever attempted to write a song together? I can't recall it happening (maybe for good reason):lol: I know there have been covers etc.

Basic idea: Upload a few riffs, put a poll together getting as many forum members to vote, choosing the most voted for riffs or riff (vocal melody/lyrics, or instrument) and then form a song around that riff(s). Set a time limit for the poll so that it actually does happen. Use a mod or someone not involved with writing ideas as the producer and final vote for all the likely disagreements :bitchfight: Finally, when it's ready one of mygnrs mix masters could possibly mix and master it.

Anyone with recording gear would be welcome to contribute, whatever instrument you play! I can offer guitar, drums (electric , some vocals... I stress some! Bass. Obviously I would love to have as many different forum musicians on it as possible though :) 

It would definitely be interesting, whether it would be good? who knows! :D 

Anyway, a bit pie in the sky atm moment, but who's interested?

• Like 2

I like this idea. I could contribute some electric guitar riffs* and then arrangement ideas as the song forms if that was desired of me.

I just hope that the drummers will play the same drum fill every time :awesomeface: And also play too fast 'because we tell them too' 

*recording pending me finding the available time of day to record a live amp in an apartment without bothering neighbours or their pets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I like this idea. I could contribute some electric guitar riffs* and then arrangement ideas as the song forms if that was desired of me.

I just hope that the drummers will play the same drum fill every time :awesomeface: And also play too fast 'because we tell them too' 

*recording pending me finding the available time of day to record a live amp in an apartment without bothering neighbours or their pets.

Ha! That's probably something we'll all be dealing with! Pets outside to hell with the neighbours... And your lease😅

• Haha 1

Just thought Id toss out an idea. What about if we manage to finish a song we try and use it to fundraise for the forum? Just like, "if you pitch $2 you get this fun little track a few of us ruffians had some kicks making" ?

If not, its cool. Im just spit balling. :) 

• 2 weeks later...