Slash / Trunk Interview: GNR Working On New Material, NO GNR Song In Terminator

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So whats going on in March?

Metallica GNR 2.0?

Foo FIghters/GNR?

AC/DC?

Someone out here was saying Lollapalooza (not the Chicago one obviously).

It was also nice to hear that they're working on it together, not just sort of sending digital clips back and forth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I edited the title of the thread so we don't have to have 14 threads about this same interview, all thinking they've broken the news about no Terminator track :)

That's cool. Yeah, I didn't see a transcript anymore when someone else posted that Slash was on Trunk. Then I remembered I had a SiriusXM sub. haha! 

But the Terminator part is non-news to me, 'cause Trunk himself notes that Slash has misdirected news in the past in regards to GNR. Trunk even joked that tomorrow now there will probably be a press release about a new Guns song in Terminator. haha

I'd definetly read an email titled A BUNCH OF NEW GNR LEAKS. And sure, I don't know if he'll read it, and he probably knows it already anyway, and of course he wouldn't ask Slash, that's not the point.

It's just, why not do it? It took me 2 minutes to find his email and another one to write the message. 

• Like 3

If a full album really is their focus then I doubt it’ll be done and out by the end of this year, which means GnR would have officially skipped out on any new studio releases throughout the entire decade of the 2010’s, despite being an officially “active” band the entire decade... yay... oh well. At least we got NITL, Axl/DC, and L&L this decade. Better than nothing!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If a full album really is their focus then I doubt it’ll be done and out by the end of this year, which means GnR would have officially skipped out on any new studio releases throughout the entire decade of the 2010’s, despite being an officially “active” band the entire decade... yay...

Not necessarily. Slash said the intention is to eventually have a full record release (as opposed to coming out with just a single or just an EP) while noting that the run-up to a record release is done a little differently these days. For example (and this is me interjecting with an example now, not paraphrasing), Post Malone's recent record features like five or six songs that have been out for a while now. Whereas in the past, traditionally, you released a single ahead of the full album. 

Edited by GnR Chris

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

The thought of potential new material being a 2021 release is pretty painful. I hope they’re further on in regards to album than what we’re led to believe.

If it was the case I imagine they could do a UYI/New album release. Interested to see what they'll do regarding a possible UYI boxset. As for the present, I'd love to go stateside and see a GNR gig but I imagine tickets sell pretty quick.