Slash / Trunk Interview: GNR Working On New Material, NO GNR Song In Terminator

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Wasn't Slash supposed to have been recording with Axl as recently as a few weeks ago, or I did I mishear that?

I thought so too, but I guess that could have been for anything. Pretty disappointing really, but at least he's willing to at least mention that they want to put out a record, It's all up to Axl at the end of the day unfortunately.

• Like 1

You gotta admire the way Slash can waffle around a topic without managing to say anything of substance. :lol: And why not I suppose, as it’s knack that’s earned him a reputation as an amenable interviewee and kept him out of trouble for the most part.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

I thought so too, but I guess that could have been for anything. Pretty disappointing really, but at least he's willing to at least mention that they want to put out a record, It's all up to Axl at the end of the day unfortunately.

Depends ultimately on whether they put something out soonish.  I'm not bothered by lack of a song in Terminator if they're still actively recording behind the scenes for a potential release.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The fact he talked about releases being looked at a little differently makes me thinks they're just gonna release singles for a while, or something. 

I’d honestly be ok with that. A series of singles compiled into a new album further down the road, like what RHCP did with I’m Beside You throughout 2013.

EDIT: wait I just remembered; didn’t Bumblefoot suggest this idea back in 2013 and TB rejected it?

Edited by rocknroll41

9 minutes ago, cyllan said:

You gotta admire the way Slash can waffle around a topic without managing to say anything of substance. :lol: And why not I suppose, as it’s knack that’s earned him a reputation as an amenable interviewee and kept him out of trouble for the most part.  

They like to apply the first two rules of fight club to this band.

10 minutes ago, cyllan said:

I think he actually said a lot. 

Slash confirmed he is working in a new GNR album. Yeah, its not the first time they talk about it, but it still is a bit more. He said that we could have individual tracks being released before the album, and this is big news too and indicates that some kind of strategy is already being considered. The minitour, the gap between those shows and the March leg, and the fact that he said they will play "something different" are pretty good quotes. 

I'm sure everyone here is too skeptical about everything regarding an album release. But Slash would know a lot better about what this all means. 

• Like 4

Last Summer's festival circuit got promoted by promoters (not the band themselves) as having "2 new songs"

which turned out to be Shadow and Slither :lol:

I would imagine anything "new" or more accurately "different" for the set list would be a new cover (maybe another VR song) and one or two UYI deep cuts. I see literally zero chance of them playing unreleased material from any time period in the next 2 months of shows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"everybody knows that we're working on new material"

bassically answering to the pics that were posted in IG in the last months and then deleted

"Everybody has been sort of like, when we're in town, working on it. Then when we're out of town, obviously not."

confirming they have been working together in new music
probably recording in the studio, obviously

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

In 2021 we'll see a UYI boxset. It will be the next thing GnR officially release outside of maybe a NITL Bluray/DVD. That way, we can get interview answers like "Well yeah, we're working on new stuff but the boxset is out now so, yeah, I'll leave it at that."

I hate to say it but I’m worried that this will in fact be the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I hate to say it but I’m worried that this will in fact be the case.

Don't be so negative. By 2021 we'll probably be too busy discussing a new Atlas recording from 2001 with +1db drums or sth to take in a full new album, it would be overkill really. Besides this line-up has only been together for a few years, you don't want to rush things. Give 'em another decade at least jeesh smh

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You might be right. I never really looked into that stuff all that much.

The songerighting was done when they were housed together in hollywood. Same with going through basic tracks. The real recording for the album with the red light on was done in the record plant studios, with band together at the same time minus axl. Thats my belief.

Reminds me how the stones did exile......

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

TRANSLATION : we haven't worked on shit, i want to work on shit and if we don't have a full motherfucking album out by the new year im out 

this next tour i suggested we do a bunch of new shit but im not sure it'll get approved prob swept under the motherfucking rug 

Ha. Slash will never be "out" again. At least not as long as he has to pay alimony.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Was there more to this conversation about what Slash is doing or was this mostly GNR?

From what I've seen, Trunk was saying that in relation to Slash's statement about no new song in Terminator.  He said Slash personally called him a week before the reunion announcement to tell him "he has no idea what this Guns N' Roses stuff is about."