Slash / Trunk Interview: GNR Working On New Material, NO GNR Song In Terminator

2 hours ago, cyllan said:

You gotta admire the way Slash can waffle around a topic without managing to say anything of substance. :lol: And why not I suppose, as it’s knack that’s earned him a reputation as an amenable interviewee and kept him out of trouble for the most part.  

Not to drift too far off, but Eli Manning is the same way. :) 

Some sort of transparency is good. At least the Terminator thing was shot down before the rumor snowballed out of control and people got their hopes up.

Good to hear that there may be some new things on the tour, but don't have my hopes up for that either. New things will probably be a 17th cover song.

1 hour ago, Gunner927 said:

From what I've seen, Trunk was saying that in relation to Slash's statement about no new song in Terminator.  He said Slash personally called him a week before the reunion announcement to tell him "he has no idea what this Guns N' Roses stuff is about."

I would say Trunk has a pretty good feel when he's being given a line and used.  If he felt the need to qualify this conversation with I've been deliberately lied to before by this guy, he's probably picking up on it again now.  Seems there is a lot going on out there in GNR land to direct one's attention away from what might really be going on.  Interesting he said smoke and mirrors.  I'm thinking smoke screen.  Okay with that, it gives me hope they are up to something.

5 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

"I'll give a little asteriks on that. About a week before it was announced that Slash was back in Guns N' Roses, true story, he called me. Not texted. He called me privately. 'I don't know anything about this Guns N' Roses stuff that's going on.'" (Trunk laughs) "So take that into the equation ... he threw up some serious smoke and mirrors on me at the time ... then a week later, the Not in this Lifetime tour was announced ... He's done that misdirection shit to me once or twice before."

What a shitty friend. If a band is a marriage imagine this mad libs 

"I'll give a little asteriks on that. About a week before it was announced that John was back in the Marriage, true story, he called me. Not texted. He called me privately. 'I don't know anything about this marriage that's going on.'" (Trunk laughs) "So take that into the equation ... he threw up some serious smoke and mirrors on me at the time ... then a week later, the marriage was announced ... He's done that misdirection shit to me once or twice before."

dude!! He’s your friend! Why you being such an ass! Not your marriage you gossip queen.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bdinan said:

Some sort of transparency is good. At least the Terminator thing was shot down before the rumor snowballed out of control and people got their hopes up.

Good to hear that there may be some new things on the tour, but don't have my hopes up for that either. New things will probably be a 17th cover song.

I'm really curious what you mean by "BEFORE it snowballed out of control ...?" 

I saw over 10 articles running the headline they were doing it with easily thousands of. people expressing hype lol ... 

6 minutes ago, Sprite said:

What a shitty friend. If a band is a marriage imagine this mad libs 

"I'll give a little asteriks on that. About a week before it was announced that John was back in the Marriage, true story, he called me. Not texted. He called me privately. 'I don't know anything about this marriage that's going on.'" (Trunk laughs) "So take that into the equation ... he threw up some serious smoke and mirrors on me at the time ... then a week later, the marriage was announced ... He's done that misdirection shit to me once or twice before."

dude!! He’s your friend! Why you being such an ass! Not your marriage you gossip queen.

Are you saying Eddie is the shitty friend?

Wouldn't it be badass in a couple weeks the show starts, Slash starts doing the intro to Welcome to the Jungle, the crowd goes fucking wild, then Axl comes out looking like 2006 but with his 80s/90s hair and does the best scream intro hes done in 30 years. It's a fucking dream, but can't believe the tour already starts again in a few weeks, time sure does fly by when we get all these leaks N shit.

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm really curious what you mean by "BEFORE it snowballed out of control ...?" 

I saw over 10 articles running the headline they were doing it with easily thousands of. people expressing hype lol ... 

And it is currently in the Wikipedia entry for the movie as if it was officially announced.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Wouldn't it be badass in a couple weeks the show starts, Slash starts doing the intro to Welcome to the Jungle, the crowd goes fucking wild, then Axl comes out looking like 2006 but with his 80s/90s hair and does the best scream intro hes done in 30 years. It's a fucking dream, but can't believe the tour already starts again in a few weeks, time sure does fly by when we get all these leaks N shit.

Ain't happening. Father Time is undefeated. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Axl will never let his hair grow back again i think, he can barely lose weight men

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

So, if Axl comes out for Jungle, who's going to sing the first 3 songs?😄

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Ain't happening. Father Time is undefeated. 

Exactly. Can’t stop age. If anything, all artists (not just GnR) should be constantly trying to adjust with age. As Axl and co reach their 70s they should tune down another key, go full acoustic, slow the tempos down, etc.

oh and maybe stop dressing like they’re still 20. It’s starting to look like a costume at this point lol.

• Like 1