09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

1 minute ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Slither

Also- all in favor of sending 1 person per show with a good iphone to live stream the whole thing? We all split the cost

Would prefer one person front row center with a giant "Who's the Mack Daddy? Banner. 

1 minute ago, bdinan said:

Bad in comparison to what though? I think we have the bar set at 1992, and then typically 2006 is the recent gold standard. People just have to accept the fact that the "Mickey" voice is the only way he is singing in a high range these days. You have two options; nasaly falsetto, or tune the songs down, where they will sound like shit anyway. There's nothing short of a time machine to make him sing like he did 30 years ago. 

In 1992 he sounded like he was shredding glass on his vocal chords

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hidin´Stradlin said:

Live and Let Die should be taken out. Those screams are too much for Axl. 

Yeah it is pretty weak now.. A song I could have cared less seeing these days was surprisingly one of the highlights in 2016, mostly due to Axl's chilling screams..

3 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Bad in comparison to what though? I think we have the bar set at 1992, and then typically 2006 is the recent gold standard. People just have to accept the fact that the "Mickey" voice is the only way he is singing in a high range these days. You have two options; nasaly falsetto, or tune the songs down, where they will sound like shit anyway. There's nothing short of a time machine to make him sing like he did 30 years ago. 

God no, '92 definitely isn't the bar. If anything, '88 is the bar. And 2010 is the most recent gold standard.

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

In 1992 he sounded like he was shredding glass on his vocal chords

I think that was part of the appeal of the GNR sound, but yeah. I'm convinced that the guy had some sort of major vocal damage from singing like that.

1 minute ago, Gunner927 said:

God no, '92 definitely isn't the bar. If anything, '88 is the bar. And 2010 is the most recent gold standard.

I think he was better in '06 than '10, but that's just me. '06 was also 13 years ago now, so it's hard to expect that - or anything close to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwiguns said:

It's has been made very clear that since Duff and Slash joined the band, they have had an influence on setting the tempo of songs played by the band. Not the drummer. 

Poor decision if true.

Edited by CCudder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1