09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Quick poll: 

If locomotive is played what will worry you more?

Like for axl's voice

sad face for Frank's drums

Frank improved a lot imo based off the last show. As for axl’s voice see post above. This has the chance to be a very good song live with this band imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Frank improved a lot imo based off the last show. As for axl’s voice see post above. This has the chance to be a very good song live with this band imo.

The only voice I can picture on this is the high clean one he uses in the slither chorus. I hope you’re right! I just want to see slash nail this one. As for frank I’ve been a vocal critic of his and I was very impressed but this could be a train wreck

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not too sure why people think Axl wouldn’t be able to do Locomotive. As a singer who’s sang both, Locomotive is much easier than Coma. Assuming Melissa takes the high harmony there’s no reason Axl wouldn’t be able to do it. It’s a low register. It might actually sound really good! 

Axl could take the low harmony for sure buuuuut, I'd personnaly like to hear him sing the higher one with rasp. Which he won't. 

Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

The only voice I can picture on this is the high clean one he uses in the slither chorus. I hope you’re right! I just want to see slash nail this one. As for frank I’ve been a vocal critic of his and I was very impressed but this could be a train wreck

The key to this being a success will be if Axl sings the low register and Melissa takes the high, maybe Duff or Dizzy in the middle. If Axl tries to Mickey his way through the whole song it’ll be embarrassing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not too sure why people think Axl wouldn’t be able to do Locomotive. As a singer who’s sang both, Locomotive is much easier than Coma. Assuming Melissa takes the high harmony there’s no reason Axl wouldn’t be able to do it. It’s a low register. It might actually sound really good! 

What are the chances Axl actually rehearsed it with the band? If his past record is any indication, it would be an abomination... Messed up lyrics, bad timing, Mickey Outro, winded, different delivery all together.. You would think he could still do the verses but who knows. It would be amazing if he could.. It would still be worth it to see Slash play the song. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Definitely not. I’ve already posted it somewhere here. Coma has to be way easier – the only tough part is the ending, but you can still slice it up so that you have pauses for breathing in. Whereas there are numerous passages in Locomotive where it’s almost impossible. Fuck rasp, this is about breathing, and while he can still handle this shit sometimes, this song is just one step away from stuff like Don’t Damn Me. Next time I expect people to say he could actually sing Garden of Eden... :D
Btw I’m not saying he wouldn’t be able to perform Locomotive these days, but it would definitely be harder than Coma. Just listen to that song...

I dont have confidence in axls beathing with his weight gain. I guess these run of shows will prove that.

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What are the chances Axl actually rehearsed it with the band? If his past record is any indication, it would be an abomination... Messed up lyrics, bad timing, Mickey Outro, winded, different delivery all together.. You would think he could still do the verses but who knows. It would be amazing if he could.. It would still be worth it to see Slash play the song. 

This is my mind set too. Even if we get some Mickey but timing is there and the verses are decent I’ll be fine. Frank really could destroy this song and through everything off though. It was perfect on illusions because Matt was a power house and metronome. He held everything together and the song is centered around him keeping time. Frank though really could throw everyone off

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zombux said:

well there's only the audio recording from this show (no Loco video bootleg ever existed, besides Robert John's videos which are being sold for idiotic prices and probably never get out). but it's fucking amazing, one of my top UYI era live favourites!

Yeah such a pity the gig was not pro shot.

Why does everyone say Frank sounded so much better at the Palladium than from 2016-18? I always liked his playing, but I still don't hear much difference between the Palladium show and the rest of the gigs, he played all the fills and everything just as he always plays it since 2016 (or maybe earlier) 

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

In his defense, Coma was pretty good the first night on the first tour and that’s on par lyrics wise with what’s ahead. You’re definitely right on most of the risks though. There have been failures like Shadow and Slither before as well. I would hope Axl would at least rehearse it once or two, considering he hasn’t sang it live in close to 30 years.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"official" tour kick off is tonight. I'm hoping for less overreaction from people afterwards and hoping for more Hard School during it. 

:lol: You've been on here for far too long to be so naive, Russ.

(But silently hoping with you.)

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Towelie said:

The amount of times I've said to my missus "GNR are starting another tour tonight. I hope they do a new song" has turned into a bit of a joke in my house. She thinks we're all a bunch of saddo's and she ain't wrong! :lol:

Same here.

It's your wife who's the writer, right? If she is, I finally got around to reading the e-book you posted years ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks again! (Bit awkward now if it wasn't you, but anyway :P)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slash23579 said:

If they do play locomotive Axls gonna use his higher register voice for sure. There’s no way he’ll do the whole song in his lower register 

That's why I'm not waiting for this. I love this song but I'm sure it will suck

5 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

If they do play locomotive Axls gonna use his higher register voice for sure. There’s no way he’ll do the whole song in his lower register 

If he can't handle SCOM or YCBM in high register no way in HELL is he doing 8 minutes of Locomotive ... lol this whole discussion is so silly .. I know it's not our fault it popped up on the "alts" but still .. Ya'll really trying your hardest to fool yourselves?

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

The amount of times I've said to my missus "GNR are starting another tour tonight. I hope they do a new song" has turned into a bit of a joke in my house. She thinks we're all a bunch of saddo's and she ain't wrong! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

"Why are you on that forum again?!?"

"Guns are a nostalgia act, deal with it"

"Releasing new music is way too risky for them"

"Is the neighbours cat dying?"

Etc etc etc.

This woman liked GnR before I even did. The AFD and UYIs lying around here are hers, I only bought CD :lol:

She is right I'm afraid.

She did enjoy last years concert though and still likes Slash's bluesy guitar playing very much.

Edited by Lethalis

45 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If he can't handle SCOM or YCBM in high register no way in HELL is he doing 8 minutes of Locomotive ... lol this whole discussion is so silly .. I know it's not our fault it popped up on the "alts" but still .. Ya'll really trying your hardest to fool yourselves?

Verses and refrain are all in the low register i.e the It's So Easy register - which he still does perfectly well!

Its the 'i bought me an illusion...' bits that may cause him a bit of trouble but they're short enough sections!

They'll never fucking play it anyway so no point in arguing about it :-D