09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

1 minute ago, Kwam09 said:

They say Estranged is from 94 and that both that and Better are "deep cuts"...

Overall it was a pretty accurate review and you could tell they knew what they were talking about for the most part.. They were at the show and had to rush to write a pretty lengthy review and get it out by the next morning. A few mistakes are expected, not that they were wrong in this case.  Both "Better" and "Estranged" are deep cuts.. They may have been singles but neither were hits and no casual fans know them.. If you are honest with yourself, every song on CD is a deep cut..

56 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

I don't think this is the best Estranged since '93 like I saw a few pages back, but still a pretty decent version. Can't find any other videos on YouTube though... 

Aaand gone. Seriously I'm gonna upload it to PH myself if no ones even trying, if someone gives me the file. I doubt they'd take it down

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nah send me the file so I can upload it to Vimeo . Hey walker you are never going to find my page. SMD!

Give me SOYL and we can see if it gets taken down. That way everyone can watch it without you needing to reply to 1000 pms. It will also annoy these fuckheads if they cant take it down there

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Seriously though. Can we find these guys IP? and contact the provider. Its ridiculous

They have won if everytime someone wants to see something we have to pm someone. Uploading it to some site they have no power over would solve the problem. Vevo will probably take it down aswell but sites like PH probably laugh at those requests. Send me the link of SOYL per pm and we can give it a try.

18 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

This is my review of the show last night!

ISE is a great opener, would be cool to hear something else once in a while but the excitement that bass intro gives you is hard to top! Axl sounded great all night, I was shocked when Better was great and RQ as well! WTTJ was amazing, love that they shortened the intro and Axl's scream in the break down made the hair on my arms stand. Shadow, do I have to say anything else than that this was the first time I was at a GN'R show and suddenly got hit with the same feeling that I get when listening to old UYI and AFD bootlegs, I actually got emotional because of it. This is the band, the same amazing band that I fell in love with as a 12 year old.

Axl actually rasped the outro to Coma, something I had never seen in person before, which was great to see. Slash's solo was amazing. I hated it in '17 and '18 but this short emotional bluesy solo was top notch, the guy next to me said "that's why they call him a guitar god, that's it, right there" in the middle of it which made me smile since he didn't seem like a die hard and was apparently really moved by it! :)

The highlight of the show IMO was Nightrain, I was blown away! Axl was amazing, as was Slash, the band was tight and the crowd was in to it! During the encore they dusted off Madagascar from the alts, would have preferred something else but the mini-rant afterwards made it totally worth it. 

Over all I didn't care that the set was basically the same as the one I saw last summer, I was afraid I would. I didn't care that Hard School wasn't played or that KOHD was 15 minutes long since Axl and the band was so fucking good. This band is a fucking machine right now and I for one love machines.

what was the rant about?

I watched a few songs and I must tell

He sounds pretty damn good! Nightrain had some weaker moments but it had some awesome rasp too. Comparing to Nightrain from Mexico or Berlin, it’s night and day difference. 

Sounded great on Soyl, not bad on WTTJ. And I’m loving that he don’t use hat as much as before. Nightrain or November rain without any headgear? I can’t remember last time it happened. 

If only he was in better physical shape...

• Like 3

If anyone actually has the videos, upload them to google drive and post the link here? I mean how are they gonna take down links to videos from peoples personal google drive? You don't even have to download the video and can just stream it there, it's a good idea I think.

Also WOW SOYL is goddamn amazing! I would have never guessed Axl could sing a rapid fire vocal that good. Maybe he'll actually kill on Locomotive.

• Like 3

It is good to see a lot of positivity about the show last night! I agree, Axl seemed to have really stepped it up vocally and even on the videos I saw (before they were taken down by assholes) the whole band sounded great

Frank the last two shows has sounded great with them too I must say.  I am listening to an audience recording of the Palladium shows and he is right there with the rest of the band locked in even more than when I saw GNR in 2016

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If anyone actually has the videos, upload them to google drive and post the link here? I mean how are they gonna take down links to videos from peoples personal google drive? You don't even have to download the video and can just stream it there, it's a good idea I think.

Also WOW SOYL is goddamn amazing! I would have never guessed Axl could sing a rapid fire vocal that good. Maybe he'll actually kill on Locomotive.

Can you pm me the link for the SOYL video please? Really interested in hearing that. That Nightrain one sounds awesome.

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

What a fucking joke about those videos getting reported. It’s a damn live show.

del james is a huge hypocrite. he loves to lecture fans about the bootlegs then he himself posts bootlegs of all the shows he goes to on instagram. Maybe we should just report his videos and see how he likes it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - Estranged was a single in 94!!

'93.  I still remember video premiere on MTV.

Vividly, Garden of Eden, Dead Horse, Estranged, Garden of Eden last single of UYI's.

Nov '93 TSI was already out.  Since I don't..., was the last video they made as a band and that was back in '93.

Gilby released Pawn shop, Duff released Believe in me like Oct '93 or something.

'94 there was complete silence, early '95 5 o'clock came out.