alfierose

09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

I believe it's a good thing the removal of the videos.

Simply because it makes the experience of seeing them live at the gig more special.
They are onstage performing for the people who bought a ticket to the show.

We're not entitled to the youtube video so we can post our shitty opinions on Axl's weight, if Melissa should be there or not, or how bad Frank is ...

i'm ok with reading reviews from the people who went to the show

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Simply because it makes the experience of seeing them live at the gig more special.

We're not entitled to the youtube video so we can post our shitty opinions on Axl's weight, if Melissa should be there or not, or how bad Frank is ...

It doesn't harm anyone who attended if someone is in home and wants to hear their favourite band to perform. I'm 22 and living in Finland so not everyday I'm able to see their gig and I'm not sure if I'll ever see. If they won't release a new DVD and let me buy it with real money I would be happy to at least be able to check some videos from Youtube.

Edited by ElectricTear
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

...Fernando, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

What about when the crew are posting half the show on their Instagrams?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Dude this is GNR.. The word 'new' is not in their vocabulary, unless it has 'merch' or 'haircut' behind it

Let me dream!😂

However it's not normal...🤔

I know...I know the Word "normal" Is not in their vocabulary...😑

If anyone has footage of after Madagascar when Axl was talking about how Melissa sounded like Alvin the Chipmunk please either post it or PM it to me so it doesn’t get deleted. I thought that was one of the  most hilarious moments of this tour. Especially when Axl started singing like Alvin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

How is removing fan videos a good thing?  They don't make being there more special, in fact the videos themselves are special because they help you relive some amazing moments of seeing your favorite band

If it wasn't for being able to see videos of the shows I saw as well as other various videos, my fandom for GNR would have ended long long ago because they are all we have currently

If you don't like seeing the videos and only care about reviews that is cool, but it is objectively hurting the people who love the band the most and that is never a good thing

I normally try not to be negative anymore but what happens these days is ridiculous. What is next ? Reviews are taken down too? If you want to go rid of your fanbase that is the way to go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kwam09 said:

They say Estranged is from 94 and that both that and Better are "deep cuts"...

:facepalm:   Yes, unfortunately, these are the type of people they play for today.  So called 'casual' fans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwam09 said:

Overall it was a pretty accurate review and you could tell they knew what they were talking about for the most part.. They were at the show and had to rush to write a pretty lengthy review and get it out by the next morning. A few mistakes are expected, not that they were wrong in this case.  Both "Better" and "Estranged" are deep cuts.. They may have been singles but neither were hits and no casual fans know them.. If you are honest with yourself, every song on CD is a deep cut..

28 minutes ago, Kwam09 said:

To be fair - Estranged was a single in 94!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

I don't think this is the best Estranged since '93 like I saw a few pages back, but still a pretty decent version. Can't find any other videos on YouTube though... 

Aaand gone. Seriously I'm gonna upload it to PH myself if no ones even trying, if someone gives me the file. I doubt they'd take it down

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nah send me the file so I can upload it to Vimeo . Hey walker you are never going to find my page. SMD!

Give me SOYL and we can see if it gets taken down. That way everyone can watch it without you needing to reply to 1000 pms. It will also annoy these fuckheads if they cant take it down there

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Seriously though. Can we find these guys IP? and contact the provider. Its ridiculous

They have won if everytime someone wants to see something we have to pm someone. Uploading it to some site they have no power over would solve the problem. Vevo will probably take it down aswell but sites like PH probably laugh at those requests. Send me the link of SOYL per pm and we can give it a try.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

18 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

This is my review of the show last night!

ISE is a great opener, would be cool to hear something else once in a while but the excitement that bass intro gives you is hard to top! Axl sounded great all night, I was shocked when Better was great and RQ as well! WTTJ was amazing, love that they shortened the intro and Axl's scream in the break down made the hair on my arms stand. Shadow, do I have to say anything else than that this was the first time I was at a GN'R show and suddenly got hit with the same feeling that I get when listening to old UYI and AFD bootlegs, I actually got emotional because of it. This is the band, the same amazing band that I fell in love with as a 12 year old.

Axl actually rasped the outro to Coma, something I had never seen in person before, which was great to see. Slash's solo was amazing. I hated it in '17 and '18 but this short emotional bluesy solo was top notch, the guy next to me said "that's why they call him a guitar god, that's it, right there" in the middle of it which made me smile since he didn't seem like a die hard and was apparently really moved by it! :)

The highlight of the show IMO was Nightrain, I was blown away! Axl was amazing, as was Slash, the band was tight and the crowd was in to it! During the encore they dusted off Madagascar from the alts, would have preferred something else but the mini-rant afterwards made it totally worth it. 

Over all I didn't care that the set was basically the same as the one I saw last summer, I was afraid I would. I didn't care that Hard School wasn't played or that KOHD was 15 minutes long since Axl and the band was so fucking good. This band is a fucking machine right now and I for one love machines.

what was the rant about?