10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The complaining is justified but good lord it's draining my excitement for my show. Might stop visiting the show threads so much, tbh. I'll be having a blast in Lincoln in a couple weeks, not giving a shit about the set. 

I've seen GN'R 2016, 2017, 2018 this tour.. I stopped visiting this forum couple of weeks before the show just to have some excitement left and avoid the negativity 😆

6 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Still carrying on with the Wichita lineman and black hole sun, huh? This goes way byone paying homage at this point... this is simply Axl getting comfortable performing a song and being too lazy to sing a different one in its place... even one of his own! God this band must be bored to tears. 

Exactly. There’s no excuse to play those two songs over ANY two songs from the GNR catalog. I won’t go to a show until those two songs are removed from the setlist. 

• Like 1

Definitely not pointless. The entire point of a tour is to make money. They've definitely succeeded. While frustrating for the followers who are interested in the band, the tour is nothing short of a success for GNR. 

The whole thing is financially driven. There's no real money behind new music anymore. Bands like the stones, kiss, bon Jovi, etc have been touring behind the same music for decades, and making tons of money. That's what it's all about. No more, no less

• Like 2

Yeah, is it a bit annoying to us "forum geeks" that Axl mocked to keep seeing the same set over and over? Of course. The "forum geeks" are the ones who supported this band through countless lineup changes when they, and Axl's appearance and voice were the butt of mainstream media jokes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Eh. Personally I’m still fine with nostalgia act GnR (even tho I want Axl to Hardschool me in the ass).

the leaks from this year were enough to give me closure in regards to new music.

I have at least 40 more years on this dimensional plane, I’m going to need more than 7 leaked roughly mixed songs to hold me over 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Eh. Personally I’m still fine with nostalgia act GnR (even tho I want Axl to Hardschool me in the ass).

the leaks from this year were enough to give me closure in regards to new music.

I don't mind the nostalgia act because I understand the circumstances .. However I am upset that they're giving the world more or less the exact same show especially when re-visiting markets ... 

9 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Yeah, is it a bit annoying to us "forum geeks" that Axl mocked to keep seeing the same set over and over? Of course. The "forum geeks" are the ones who supported this band through countless lineup changes when they, and Axl's appearance and voice were the butt of mainstream media jokes. 

Good point. Seems there's people that also are "forum geeks" that don't like criticism from the people that stuck with them (Guns) "through all the fuckin' shit ..." 

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Good point. Seems there's people that also are "forum geeks" that don't like criticism from the people that stuck with them (Guns) "through all the fuckin' shit ..." 

I flew to Vegas from nyc in 2001. Saw every msg and NJ show. Saw all four Hammerstein shows... I think 14 "NuGNR" shows total... 3 NITL. 

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Listen- I totally get the comments about the setlist. Part of me was a little disappointed not to hear Locomotive, Dead Horse, or Hard School.

But this band can fucking rock. It was an amazing concert. From start to finish it was exceptional. The band is firing on all cylinders. 

Axl sounds amazing for his age. The fact that he’s getting through this set at 57 is mind blowing. And I will say this about the setlist- it’s stale but it’s extremely solid. Good mixture of Chinese, Appetite and Illusions. I actually forgot how many illusion tracks are in this setlist! Hearing Madagascar and Don’t Cry were always a dream of mine, especially Madagascar. 

Slash is king as always. Fortus is very underrated as a guitar player. I don’t get when people see that the band seems bored when playing songs. I see nothing but the opposite- the band has an insane energy! They look like they’re having a blast. In all the bootlegs I’ve seen, this show contained possibly the happiest and most jovial Axl I’ve ever seen. He was talking probably every song or two. Cracking jokes, all the fun stuff. It makes me glad to see the guy at peace after so many years of torment. 

Just an exceptional show. I think Russ said it best the other week. Just be happy that there is a band. They may not be around forever. Axl is only going to get older from here. Enjoy it while it lasts. Try to see a show if you can. This lineup is exceptional. Best concert I’ve been too :headbang:

Did you get any tour merch at all?. Good that you had a good time!

50 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Guys. Go in with no expectations, good way to go through life in general. Shows are still pretty damn good. We take it for granted

Makes me think about what could have been with the band if axl hadn't of communicated with slash back in 2014/2015, or slash said no to a reunion. I think axl would have retired GNR at that point.