10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

24 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

When I was a kid I watched the UYI VHS over and over again. Never got tired. 

Youtube have destroyed the passion for live music. Internet have destroyed the whole music industry more or less. People just want more and more and will never get satisfied. 

Well, good point. For over a decade I had only 3 VHS shows to watch and I don't remember being furious over the setlist. I just remember wishing had the chance to see them at least one more time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derick said:

They are the minority.  Most of us, you can confirm by reading the posts here(including yours), don't want to spend a penny unless we have new music(or different ones) or bring Izzy or Steven back. And things like this happened all over the CD era. So no we weren’t that supportive as you said, at all.

How many posters on here have seen NITL multiple times? And have seen NuGNR multiple times? How many have taken a plane to go see the band? So, so many. So yeah, I think a lot of money has been spent (and is still being spent) by forum posters. I know they don't play for the internet, but an increasingly larger portion of the audience must have seen this show now more than once.

There is a lot of whining, but even among those whiners, many have spent thousands on the band, so dismissing the whole board as a bunch of complainers that don't spend any money, pisses me off.

Just look at GNR social media. Under every pic you'll find people asking new music. Are they all whining forumers? Don't think so. It's normal to expect new music from a band. No one should try to convince us otherwise.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Your last sentence explains why they probably won't do it.😄

As far as tunes from UYI that they never play go. i'd say there's a better chance of him doing a great job on Locomotive than others like Garden Of Eden or even a few they do like Coma

3 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Still carrying on with the Wichita lineman and black hole sun, huh? This goes way byone paying homage at this point... this is simply Axl getting comfortable performing a song and being too lazy to sing a different one in its place... even one of his own! God this band must be bored to tears. 

Or alternatively they could just love playing those songs?

1 hour ago, Derick said:

They are the minority.  Most of us, you can confirm by reading the posts here(including yours), don't want to spend a penny unless we have new music(or different ones) or bring Izzy or Steven back. And things like this happened all over the CD era. So no we weren’t that supportive as you said, at all.

I don't want to really see them until they put out something new either,

but there will always be half fans who have AFD and know maybe November Rain and don't cry that will go. Those fans probably don't even know who Izzy or Adler are, to them Axl Slash & maybe that guy who pancreas exploded are Gnr

Those of us on this board or any other aren't the majority at all, we are the minority & as long as those majority fans are taken care of with Sweet Child & Paradise city they need not pander to us.

4 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

I've just come around to catch up on the recent shows.

After reading these threads I was expecting trainwrecks of shows. Boring, without passion, lifeless.

I really don't get it. Imho these shows (especially Jacksonville) are fierce. Axl sounds good and is energetic. The Band sounds good. Slash is amazing.

I too would love to hear Hard School and Locomotive, but still the shows are way better than some of you make them out to be.

Yeah, I think my only complaint now would be the setlist, as I've seen it many times before. I would like a couple of new songs in there. Up till now, we've had 'new songs' every leg, I believe.

But as for the band and Axl, seems like they're on fire and as great as they will ever be. I'm sure the vast majority would leave the show impressed. If they do Europe again, I'll certainly go and enjoy myself again, but still, a few new songs (and I use the term very loosely) would be nice.

25 minutes ago, Lio said:

How many posters on here have seen NITL multiple times? And have seen NuGNR multiple times? How many have taken a plane to go see the band? So, so many. So yeah, I think a lot of money has been spent (and is still being spent) by forum posters. I know they don't play for the internet, but an increasingly larger portion of the audience must have seen this show now more than once.

There is a lot of whining, but even among those whiners, many have spent thousands on the band, so dismissing the whole board as a bunch of complainers that don't spend any money, pisses me off.

Just look at GNR social media. Under every pic you'll find people asking new music. Are they all whining forumers? Don't think so. It's normal to expect new music from a band. No one should try to convince us otherwise.

That’s the question. “How many?”. This is the biggest GNR forum, right? Still, how many actives posters we are? 50 persons? 30 persons? Spread all over the globe...So sorry but it’s nothing ($$$) compared with the amount of people that attended to the shows once and they are not on the forums or GNR social media. For those they play not for us and they’re right, IMO.

P.D.:But I’m w those that refuse spend one cent unless we have something new or “old new “...And yes, we are the majority over here.

8 minutes ago, Derick said:

That’s the question. “How many?”. This is the biggest GNR forum, right? Still, how many actives posters we are? 50 persons? 30 persons? Spread all over the globe...So sorry but it’s nothing ($$$) compared with the amount of people that attended to the shows once and they are not on the forums or GNR social media. For those they play not for us and they’re right, IMO.

P.D.:But I’m w those that refuse spend one cent unless we have something new or “old new “...And yes, we are the majority over here.

Yeah, still, every interviewer asks about new music, every other reply on social media is about new music. I highly doubt people outside of the forums will keep on showing up when there's nothing new to see. Not sure about the US, but I think they've covered most of Europe twice now, with only Slither and SOYL as additions to the set. I would hope if they return we get something new.

And I am one of the people that will always show up, even if it's an exact copy of the last tour :lol: I always have a great time and they won't go on forever, so I'll grab any chance I get to see them.

2 hours ago, bdinan said:

I know axl doesn't care. Don't expect him to. Because of this tour, he never has to work another day in his life. It's a cash cow. 

He is doing two and a half hour shows. You can't just phone that in. Singing like that is hard. So, obviously he cares what he is doing.

And yeah, after this tour he doesn't have to work, but he is working now, putting on entertaining shows, making a lot of fans happy. I don't get how that's a negative thing.

We forum people over-analyze everything. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Listen to a majority of you Americans complain. I have no choice, but to travel the world to see my favorite band. I will make this very simple for those that dont get it.

Guns N Roses have toured my home city (Auckland) and country (New Zealand) 4 times, 1987, 1993, 2009, 2017.  I attended all of these shows. 

To see this band, i have traveled to Australia, Brazil, UK and this is my 3rd time in the US to attend Guns N Roses shows, my first experience seeing the band appear at US music festivals. 

New Zealand has been lucky, as i know their are fans, who have traveled the world because Guns N Roses has not even visited their country to preform live.

You simply don't understand, what you people in the US have access to and seem ungrateful for it.

If you dont want to attend a live show , for what ever reason, thats cool, but dont use the band as the accuse.

The band has always done its own thing, and so his the lead singer of the band. Axl, Slash and Duff have become older in life, and that happens to all of us, and more importantly, the band have never promised anything to us the fans, weather that be a change to its current line up, playing new music at a live show or changing the set list.

If you were and are expecting these thing's, than that's on you.

I plan to see the band for a second time on my US festival tour at ACL, and i leave any expectations at the gate.

That makes the experience of seeing the band in a different environment more enjoyable.

And yes, seeing the band play in a different country, talking to and being around other people, from these countries, who are fans of the band aswell, makes the experience of seeing GNR live more memorable. even with the same set list in place.

Some of you should try it.

OUT OF LIKES !

1 hour ago, lilacmess said:

I've just come around to catch up on the recent shows.

After reading these threads I was expecting trainwrecks of shows. Boring, without passion, lifeless.

I really don't get it. Imho these shows (especially Jacksonville) are fierce. Axl sounds good and is energetic. The Band sounds good. Slash is amazing.

I too would love to hear Hard School and Locomotive, but still the shows are way better than some of you make them out to be.

The actual show is good and obviously the people attending have a great time so that’s awesome. But the tour has just dragged on for so long now without many changes. Most people in the world have had at LEAST 2 opportunities to see the show. 

Meanwhile, Foo Fighters have just finished touring and announced a new album. AC/DC are apparently making an album with whatever is left of the band. Metallica release and tour new music, even if they’re not prolific in the studio. Iron Maiden still write new music and tour it. 

Is it really so wrong to wish our favorite band would just take some time to write some new music and then hit the road again with a new fresh show? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see it from all sides and don't really gaf tbh. They can do what they want if that's what makes them happy. I'd get bored doing the same setlist every night though. Especially with so many covers. There's a shit load of other covers out there they could be doing that they'd sound great on. And throwing in Locomotive also would be nice as well. As would playing Perhaps which is a great song imho 👍🏻

44 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

Luckily for the band, they don't look what people on forum says about setlist but they rather watch reaction from the crowd at every show...and they see that they like the show

That's just silly. I am both 'people on the forum' and 'the crowd'. You all act like that's two completely different things. When I go see them, I'm at the rail and am very enthusiastic and enjoy the show. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like some changes.  For one, I can't ask them to change it up during the show, any banners will be taken from you before it even starts :P

I don't want a complete overhaul, but please, a few changes won't hurt. There's a difference between people always complaining and people suggesting it would be nice to switch it up now and then. That's not too much to ask.

What are they planning on doing? Wait until the momentum is over and no one comes to see the show anymore except us diehards? Then will they realize it would be nice to switch things up?