10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

32 minutes ago, Lio said:

For one, I can't ask them to change it up during the show, any banners will be taken from you before it even starts :P

I don't want a complete overhaul, but please, a few changes won't hurt. There's a difference between people always complaining and people suggesting it would be nice to switch it up now and then. That's not too much to ask.

What are they planning on doing? Wait until the momentum is over and no one comes to see the show anymore except us diehards? Then will they realize it would be nice to switch things up?

Nobody knows but that's happened to other bands before. Doubt it'll happen to guns but if they keep playing this same old setlist with these same old tired and not even close to being new covers endlessly for multiple years on end anything's possible. They need to release some new music and definitely need to lose bhs/wl and a few others imho. Like I wrote earlier they have enough of their own songs they could be throwing in to mix things up from time to time plus literally hundreds of other great songs they could be covering here and there. Sprinkle a bit of spice into your spaghetti incident sauce once in awhile because it tastes good don't it? Lmfao 😂

If you look at the traffic on this website, I imagine it would tell a story. The site crashed during the reunion troubadour show. Every time a new leg of the tour starts, the site is busy for the first show.

Then it dies down. Why does it die down? 

Because people quickly realize that they are watching the same show again. 

There is not even 1 unpredictable moment in the set anymore. A poster was able to post the set before the show even happened...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl must have had a vocal coach. now he sounds like a grown up Axl. probably the best Axl since 2006.

Every amateur/pro singer should have a vocal coach. I did back in the day and it helped me immensely 👍🏻😊

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl must have had a vocal coach. now he sounds like a grown up Axl. probably the best Axl since 2006.

He sounds good but not as good as in 2016 so I think he was training his voice on his own without coach. I can be wrong of course.

Still good to see him starting tour with a strong voice unlike in past 2 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Posting them on here is what gets them deleted...

Plenty of videos have been taken off youtube that haven't been on this forum. Theres a few rats out there constantly searching youtube and issuing take down notices. 

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

You do realize that these complaints about the setlist have been going on since 2002 right? These are the same complaints by the same people who stíll go to these shows. Even after 17 years of bitching about the setlist :lol:

Jeez this has been going on longer than that. People were bitching about the setlist back during the uyi tour 😂 and they actually did switch shit out a lot more back then on that tour and they still bitched. It'll never end. People gonna bitch. Even if they do start switching things up someday there's still gonna be folks bitching about it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crowebar said:

Jeez this has been going on longer than that. People were bitching about the setlist back during the uyi tour 😂 and they actually did switch shit out a lot more back then on that tour and they still bitched. It'll never end. People gonna bitch. Even if they do start switching things up someday there's still gonna be folks bitching about it 

They will have the people bitch that this or that song was removed/replaced then lol

3 hours ago, danijel00 said:

Luckily for the band, they don't look what people on forum says about setlist but they rather watch reaction from the crowd at every show...and they see that they like the show

If they were truly doing that, then a lot of the set would be trimmed. You can't just choose the bits the you like and ignore the rest to make arguments, we all go to lots of shows. When we say something negative about the show(s), it isn't anything personal, it's just a measuring between acts and what we all pay to see. If Guns are out there asking €100 to see them, and Metallica are out asking the same money and I had to choose, based solely on how entertained I'd be; I would 1 million percent go to see Metallica, because it's two hours and twenty of music, with very little downtime, a varied set from night to night and the performance is consistently excellent. That's what I base my critique on at least. 

They have been quite good out of the gate this tour though in terms of the actual playing.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

That is true, people are always going to bitch and moan, but 3yrs into a tour to not change things up at least once is very, very lazy. Even if they said "we can't change the set too much during the tour", then fine, but they have months of down time in between legs that they could say "Ok, next leg we open with Jungle into It's so easy, keep Paradise city at the end, but we'll swap out the Seeker for Black Leather" I could go on, but you get the idea. Doesn't need to me much, a little goes a long way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

There's a difference between 'bitching' though and making valid criticism. There's an odd perception in some people that if you say ANYTHING that isn't 100% positive you're less of a fan than those who think everything they do is perfect. 

We're talking VERY high priced tickets here, and GNR have very clearly set their stall out as 'band' and 'consumers'. The lines don't blur...which is fine, as it's how they want it. As consumers though, people are entirely entitled to make criticisms of the product. That's their right. You can't create consumers, then expect those consumers to keep their mouths shut if they don't like the product. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's a difference between 'bitching' though and making valid criticism. There's an odd perception in some people that if you say ANYTHING that isn't 100% positive you're less of a fan than those who think everything they do is perfect. 

We're talking VERY high priced tickets here, and GNR have very clearly set their stall out as 'band' and 'consumers'. The lines don't blur...which is fine, as it's how they want it. As consumers though, people are entirely entitled to make criticisms of the product. That's their right. You can't create consumers, then expect those consumers to keep their mouths shut if they don't like the product. 

Most definitelty true 👍🏻 Put it this way, for myself? I won't be spending anymore money on a gnr concert until they put out a new album and actually start playing some new tunes and decrease at least some of these covers. Sorry but I can't afford it for one thing and I've been to every Toronto show since nu gnr '02 except for the small intimate one they did. I need some sort of serious incentive to justify spending anymore money for any concert these days not just gnr. Music industry is a fargina' joke these days for one thing with lip syncing/zero talent imbeciles and just not worth it. Most big bands are using massive amounts of backing tracks anyway so I might as well stay home. There's an endless list why I won't be going to anymore concerts probably for the rest of my life. That being said if someone gifted me a ticket to the next gnr Toronto show I'll happily go but as far as my money is concerned "I say fuck that..." a la' Axl in RiR3 👍🏻😊

3 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Most definitelty true 👍🏻 Put it this way, for myself? I won't be spending anymore money on a gnr concert until they put out a new album and actually start playing some new tunes and decrease at least some of these covers. Sorry but I can't afford it for one thing and I've been to every Toronto show since nu gnr '02 except for the small intimate one they did. I need some sort of serious incentive to justify spending anymore money for any concert these days not just gnr. Music industry is a fargina' joke these days for one thing with lip syncing/zero talent imbeciles and just not worth it. Most big bands are using massive amounts of backing tracks anyway so I might as well stay home. There's an endless list why I won't be going to anymore concerts probably for the rest of my life. That being said if someone gifted me a ticket to the next gnr Toronto show I'll happily go but as far as my money is concerned "I say fuck that..." a la' Axl in RiR3 👍🏻😊

That's totally fair I think - I seriously question now whether I could justify going to this tour again if it comes to my country, cost-wise. I'd probably enjoy it for what it was, but a bit of me doesn't see sense in trying to repeat something I enjoyed the hell out of a couple of years ago for the sake of it. 

I also said to myself a while back that I wouldn't spend any more money on GNR stuff unless it's music related. That's just my small way of making a stand against something I don't believe in. 

If you can't afford it, or have other uses for that money, don't go. That goes for every concert ever put on by anyone. If the act is hot and in high demand, your seat will go to someone else. If not, and if enough people think the same, it will be a half full show.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's totally fair I think - I seriously question now whether I could justify going to this tour again if it comes to my country, cost-wise. I'd probably enjoy it for what it was, but a bit of me doesn't see sense in trying to repeat something I enjoyed the hell out of a couple of years ago for the sake of it. 

I also said to myself a while back that I wouldn't spend any more money on GNR stuff unless it's music related. That's just my small way of making a stand against something I don't believe in. 

You are very brave 

haha I see your point