10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I posted earlier, I’ve never seen Axl so energetic and talkative. I’ve probably seen or listened to what had to have been over 100 boots over the years and Axl was never as talkative and happy as he was last night.

To be fair, everyone says that about the show they go to. 

26 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Were Bon Jovi THAT bad?!?! Seems RIR is a bit of a dodgy gig for some bands!

He looked awesome, but struggled a lot. His songs aren't even that hard to sing if we compare them to others but he lose his breath. Maybd he needs some rest.

19 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Or maybe, people can be just be fans of the band, huge fans or casual, and just enjoy the shows. I know people who've seen 75+ shows on this tour, and Saturday was my 17th and I enjoyed it immensely. People don't have to be 'sheeples' or whatever the hell you call them to enjoy seeing one of their favorite bands. Of course I'd like to see some different songs here and there, but this band is still extremely good live and are giving crowds 3+ hour sets, something that very few bands do these days. This band has done things their way since the beginning, good and bad, and that's not going to change. The majority of the people attending shows are giving positive feedback and that's all that matters to them and the band. If a group of people on message boards decide not to go, someone else will take those tickets. In the meantime, you can sit back and complain and call people names while crowds continue to attend shows and be happy that they still have a chance to see this band. 

17 shows?! Boy, you must be made of money! 

I agree that there's no need for name calling, but there's also definitely a need for people to say if they feel things are becoming a little stale in their view. Adopting the 'we're just so lucky' attitude would only be relevant if this tour was being done for charity. It isn't, therefore people are entitled to their views. 

It doesn't take away from people enjoying the shows if someone is fed up with the way things are going. There's room for both opinions. I really wouldn't expect a casual fan (which is who the NITL tour seems to be now aimed at) to come away having anything less than an amazing night. It's a great show. Likewise, I wouldn't really expect a massive fan who comes to the forums regularly and follows the setlists/developments to not be doing even a little finger-tapping by this stage. 

Neither side are wrong in their views. 

• Like 1

Shadow was great and he shared a mic with Slash again :headbang: This is just so epic to see, I can’t get over it

I have a mixed feelings about this tour. I am dissapointed because it brought nothing new, not even one thing. Last year they brought Shadow and Slither, in 2017 Maddy, Prostitute, Wichita, Black Hole Sun, in 2016 Coma... and now? Nothing..

But from the other side, I really enjoy watching these shows on YouTube and I’m happy to see Axl in much better vocal shape than on last leg. The shows are great and I would surely go if they were close.

Towards the end of Slither during the "when you look you look right through me" he starts off with the deep voice then for like 2 seconds it was 90's Axl, then it cracked into Mickey. I wonder if its breath control or it just burns his throat. Either way no doubt in my mind he could still re create that classic sound in the studio.