Jump to content
alfierose

10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

Recommended Posts

Just now, Creed said:

why is there even an alt list? makes no sense to me.

i honestly think it's just to fuck with people. I wouldn't expect half of those songs to ever be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bdinan said:

I think some sort of sense of surprise. We live in an era where every setlist ends up on the net minutes after the show. Where videos from each show are live as they are happening. That's the age we live in these days. Yes - I get why certain songs are played. They need to stick with the classics and the hits, but a bit of a change would be nice.

How long has it been that we know it's Easy, Brownstone, Chinese, Jungle right out the gate? It's a bit boring. 

Yes, I've been to shows and enjoyed myself. Hearing something new, or something I haven't heard live, or haven't heard live in a while would be nice.

Not even asking for new songs; rotate in Crazy, Think About You, Michelle and OTGM a little more, and I'd be happy. 

That’s what I like about Metallica. They have the normal songs that they always play, but they have about 2-4 slots that rotate from show to show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The tour's been going on 3 years strong now ... There are other fans than just people that want to hear Sweet Child O' Mine 

I've been to six shows now on this NITL tour. It's anecdotal evidence, but every time, people erupt for "Sweet Child." People popped for "Black Hole Sun" at Louder Than Life. I mean ... they're playing to the masses, not the forum nerds like us who are desperate for new songs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The tour's been going on 3 years strong now ... There are other fans than just people that want to hear Sweet Child O' Mine 

I've been to 17 shows on this tour, and I certainly want a change, but the crowds go nuts when Sweet Child, Jungle, etc come on, and there are way more people that want to hear that than don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jacob66216 said:

That’s what I like about Metallica. They have the normal songs that they always play, but they have about 2-4 slots that rotate from show to show. 

I get it with Guns; you have your songs that they just flat out have to play - Jungle, Sweet Child, Patience, Paradise City, November Rain, etc, etc... Any band of this stature, that has an extensive catalog has songs that fans pretty much expect to hear, and I get that. Respect it, and have no issue with it. 

I just think a little more fluidity in the set would be nice. They've been a pretty predictable live band for 20 years now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I've been to six shows now on this NITL tour. It's anecdotal evidence, but every time, people erupt for "Sweet Child." People popped for "Black Hole Sun" at Louder Than Life. I mean ... they're playing to the masses, not the forum nerds like us who are desperate for new songs.

I get that .. I understand some people haven't seen them in years if not ever .. That doesn't mean they can't do ANYTHING different or NEW .. It's not just us forum nerds that are interested in DIFFERENT songs they've recorded or NEW music ... C'mon now ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand playing for the masses, too. But how about throwing a bone or two to the "forum geek" who treks to see three or four shows on a leg of your tour? There are a lot of people here who were following Axl before he got Slash back - through Bucket and Finck, to Bumble, to Ashba, when he was struggling to sell out 18,000 seaters. I don't think asking for something special for those guys and gals who stuck with this fiasco through a lot of bullshit is really too much to ask TBH. Just my two cents. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoBucky said:

I've been to 17 shows on this tour, and I certainly want a change, but the crowds go nuts when Sweet Child, Jungle, etc come on, and there are way more people that want to hear that than don't. 

Including me. Where I wouldn't mind changes is to the deep cuts. "Locomotive" for "Coma" or "Double Talkin' Jive." But the last show I was at before Louder Than Life, GNR played "My Michelle" and "There was a Time." They played "Patience" AND "Don't Cry." So they do change it up, but not on a tour stop to tour stop. More like it seems like it's changed up on different legs. They added "Shadow of Your Love" last year. And after Cornell's death, "Black Hole Sun." They slowly rotated in Chinese Demo songs besides the core three (title track, "Better" and "This I Love"). They added "Slither." People act like they literally never change anything. They play for three hours. You're gonna hear a lot of the same songs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gunsdrummer63 said:

the might be fake setlist is perfect so far

The first change is YCBM coming in after L&LD, which hasn't happened yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bdinan said:

I understand playing for the masses, too. But how about throwing a bone or two to the "forum geek" who treks to see three or four shows on a leg of your tour? There are a lot of people here who were following Axl before he got Slash back - through Bucket and Finck, to Bumble, to Ashba, when he was struggling to sell out 18,000 seaters. I don't think asking for something special for those guys and gals who stuck with this fiasco through a lot of bullshit is really too much to ask TBH. Just my two cents. 

I saw them play back to back Chicago shows (same weekend) in 2016 and I think it was the same exact set list. Same order. Same everything. Except maybe Duff played a different song. So ... yeah, I'm also not saying that sometimes they need to change it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys do we really have to have the exact same conversation about the setlist every show

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I saw them play back to back Chicago shows (same weekend) in 2016 and I think it was the same exact set list. Same order. Same everything. Except maybe Duff played a different song. So ... yeah, I'm also not saying that sometimes they need to change it up.

I saw them at FedEx, and both shows at MetLife in 2016. I enjoyed myself, truly did. Bought a litho, two shirts, and a foam finger. Spent a lot... and I do mean a lot of money on beer. I have made a choice since then to not go to the shows. Not because they aren't good, but because I've seen it already. I think both MetLife shows were almost identical. 

Yeah, I get it... playing to the masses. Two back to back nights in NY/NJ, you have to figure some fans are gonna go see both shows, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caedo said:

Guys do we really have to have the exact same conversation about the setlist every show

Well they finally did do some changes and added one more of the leaks I think that's worthy of discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well they finally did do some changes and added one more of the leaks I think that's worthy of discussion

Let’s wait and see if the setlist is real and there is actually any changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×