10/04/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

alfierose

2 minutes ago, colgatetoothpasteyum said:

Can't say the same about their actual music though, heh

I have heard great things about Tame Impala live. Sometimes it takes seeing a band live to appreciate them. Happens with me all the time when I "discover" something or have a sort of "awakening" about a band I check out at a fest, or an opening act. However ... man, I hate every Tame Impala song I've ever listened to.

27 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Kinda sucks they didn't add "new" songs or actual new songs into the set last night, but atleast they only played 4 covers.

kinda sucks for the suckers that still go to the shows 

has there been any other band in the fucking world that milks the fuck out of their same set lists more than GNR 

answer: NO they are in league of their own

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

has there been any other band in the fucking world that milks the fuck out of their same set lists more than GNR 

Yeah, Poison!

I saw Poison for many years in Dallas and every year it was the same set list and everyone had a blast!.

I will see GNR doing the same set list until my dying day, because they rock it like no other band.

I feel if you love a band, like I do with GNR, I will enjoy myself every time I see them live and for what I've seen at every GNR show, all the fans have an amazing time and no one bitches about the songs! Everyone screams and sings along.

I understand how your feel, but honestly, I love every damn GNR song and never get tired of hearing them especially live!

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Poison!

I saw Poison for many years in Dallas and every year it was the same set list and everyone had a blast!.

I will see GNR doing the same set list until my dying day, because they rock it like no other band.

I feel if you love a band, like I do with GNR, I will enjoy myself every time I see them live and for what I've seen at every GNR show, all the fans have an amazing time and no one bitches about the songs! Everyone screams and sings along.

I understand how your feel, but honestly, I love every damn GNR song and never get tired of hearing them especially live!

Def Leppard too. Many bands perform the same songs over and over again and their fans love it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Probably Kiss. I don't suppose that helps your argument haha, if we have to stoop as low as Kiss to find somebody worse?

The Stones vary more than people give them credit for. 

I will always go see GNR as well. The set list elitists don't bother me. 

GNR can easily just do 90 minutes, then "vary" the set list every night since they're only playing half their current set list. Would people be happy then because the sets are not the same show to show?

Edited by GnR Chris

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Poison!

Def Leppard too. Many bands perform the same songs over and over again and their fans love it.

i would be ok with the milking if there was a different drummer or at least iz adler gilb or matt but milking with a highschool level drummer that ruins every song fucks it up for anyone with proper gnr ears

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Probably Kiss. I don't suppose that helps your argument haha, if we have to stoop as low as Kiss to find somebody worse?

The Stones vary more than people give them credit for. 

exactly stones throw in very deep cuts here and there they even ask fans to vote on their deep cut 

4 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i would be ok with the milking if there was a different drummer or at least iz adler gilb or matt but milking with a highschool level drummer that ruins every song fucks it up for anyone with proper gnr ears

exactly stones throw in very deep cuts here and there they even ask fans to vote on their deep cut 

Heartbreaker, Monkey Man, Neighbours. 

I think Guns are now akin to Kiss but I give Kiss more a reprieve because at least Kiss came out from the very beginning, when they started in 1973, and said, ''yes, we're going to be utter shite and flog garbage to fans''. Guns put on this charade about ''being dangerous'' and ''having integrity''. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Seeing you are having a crack at me and the rest of the fans who go to the shows, I will respond. 

Kind of sucks for a poster to waste their own time and effort on making a comment, when they clearly don't like the subject matter, and could be doing other things to occupy their mind and time. 

I would suggest their is only one sucker, out their, and it ain't the ones going to the shows. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Seeing you are having a crack at me andt of  the rest of the fans who go to the shows, I will respond. 

Kind of sucks for a poster to waste their own time and effort on making a comment, when they clearly don't like the subject matter, and could be doing other things to occupy their mind and time. 

I would suggest their is only one sucker, out their, and it ain't the ones going to the shows. 

who says i don't like the subject matter nice twist 

i didn't say suckers in that the fans are losers i place blame pricipally on the machine 

and since you went to the shows and i've gone to some shows who cares 

most gnr shows suck and some are actually good like 1 out of 10 son - thats how much of a gnr loser i am - i pay attention to the trends to see when that one good show will come up and i actually like the mystery of gnr dangling that stupid carrot - they were better than zeppelin after all 

u gotta be in the knows - random US shows will be underwhelming 10-15% ok - LatAM shows will be 70/30 good, europe 50/50 - rock in rio or any other douchey festivals mega fails etc etc 

in the end the band only cares about crazy fans that go nuts at concerts and that inspire them like me not like fans that are ok to take it and keep taking it - the main problem are fans that think they know gnr but really don't 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i didn't say suckers in that the fans are losers i place blame pricipally on the machine 

most gnr shows suck and some are actually good like 1 out of 10 son 

u gotta be in the knows - random US shows will be underwhelming 10-15% ok - LatAM shows will be 70/30 good, europe 50/50 - rock in rio or any other douchey festivals mega fails etc etc 

in the end the band only cares about crazy fans that go nuts at concerts and that inspire them like me not like fans that are ok to take it and keep taking it 

Hey, I never thanked you for inspiring the band at those shows. You da man. In reality, they care about any fan who shells out the dough for a ticket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I have heard great things about Tame Impala live. Sometimes it takes seeing a band live to appreciate them. Happens with me all the time when I "discover" something or have a sort of "awakening" about a band I check out at a fest, or an opening act. However ... man, I hate every Tame Impala song I've ever listened to.

I’ll let you decide for yourself. For me, Tame is like The Killers. I don’t think The Killers make the best music, but their live show made me a huge fan.

Edited by andrew032302
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

most gnr shows suck and some are actually good like 1 out of 10 son - thats how much of a gnr loser i am - i pay attention to the trends to see when that one good show will come up and i actually like the mystery of gnr dangling that stupid carrot - they were better than zeppelin after all 

in the end the band only cares about crazy fans that go nuts at concerts and that inspire them like me not like fans that are ok to take it and keep taking it - the main problem are fans that think they know gnr but really don't 

Thats cool man, I get it, you have issues with the band. Direct those issues you have at the band. Their was no need, to refer to fans who go to shows, as being suckers. Your intensions are plan to see. You can walk it back all you want. Don't shit on the fans who choose to pay money to go to a show. 

You accuse the band of being of disrespectful towards you as a fan, and in return, you treat the fans who go to shows, in the exact same way. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

The whole setlist issue...if that's the songs they want to play at least they could vary them a bit and not play the exact same order every night, also play around with arrangements - they have two very capable guitarists, one of the greatest singers ever and Dizzy can play some serious piano if given the chance - but they don't really do much with all that. If they don't bring out other deep cuts at least they could do acoustic or jam versions or piano versions of known classics, let people and even themselves re-discover their music that way.

Just think of them starting a show with Axl coming out alone, sitting down at the piano maestro style and do "This I Love" solo, then halfway Slash comes out and plays the solo and then the whole thing merges into Breakdown with the whole band joining in and THEN we get say Jungle/Easy/Brownstone. Some people would scratch their heads for sure but it would bring some edge to the whole thing and make fans like me very happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

The whole setlist issue...if that's the songs they want to play at least they could vary them a bit and not play the exact same order every night, also play around with arrangements - they have two very capable guitarists, one of the greatest singers ever and Dizzy can play some serious piano if given the chance - but they don't really do much with all that. If they don't bring out other deep cuts at least they could do acoustic or jam versions or piano versions of known classics, let people and even themselves re-discover their music that way.

Just think of them starting a show with Axl coming out alone, sitting down at the piano maestro style and do "This I Love" solo, then halfway Slash comes out and plays the solo and then the whole thing merges into Breakdown with the whole band joining in and THEN we get say Jungle/Easy/Brownstone. Some people would scratch their heads for sure but it would bring some edge to the whole thing and make fans like me very happy.

Yeah, I don't think Axl doing his Liberace thing to start a show would go down well.  Maybe something like that for an acoustic set or something might work.

25 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

They could atleast change the opener, opening with the same song for 3 years straight wtf

Some small changes for every gig would be very refreshing; rotate WTTJ/Chinese/ISE as openers, swap Better and Black Hole Sun/Wichita together to spread out the covers for example.

Edited by ElectricTear

7 minutes ago, ElectricTear said:

Some small changes for every gig would be very refreshing; rotate WTTJ/Chinese/ISE as openers, swap Better and Black Hole Sun/Wichita together to spread out the covers for example.

I'd actually laugh my ass off if they opened with CD. Slash and Duff are back BUT CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Original said:

Didn’t Axl’s band open with YCBM back at the O2 once?   I think it was the Duff reunion show.  That would kick ass! 

It was in south America, largely due to altitude. Strange that when they played Chinese it still had the opening intro...

I'd like Slash to improvise a bit more - he did a killer little improv to the ending of Don't Cry in 2016....but that was for one show. The song has been played the exact same way since. They could stand to just mix it up a little on the songs at least to keep it interesting for themselves.

Axl must be sick and tired of singing AFD songs...not to mention doing the same choreographed stage moves night after night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

I'd like Slash to improvise a bit more - he did a killer little improv to the ending of Don't Cry in 2016....but that was for one show. The song has been played the exact same way since. They could stand to just mix it up a little on the songs at least to keep it interesting for themselves.

Axl must be sick and tired of singing AFD songs...not to mention doing the same choreographed stage moves night after night

Depends on the framework of his personality. Some people thrive on doing the same shit over and over again while others thrive on novelty. 

• Like 1