10/04/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

alfierose

1 hour ago, Popcorn crew said:

Do you see how damaged as fans we are. For past 10-20 years we talk about how WTTJ scream was cool, how great NR sounds, how much UYI song they played, how Axls voice is better than 94 but worst than 06 and much better than 12, how KOTHD is better without reggae etc.

No one to blame but ourselves. Axl specifically stated that we should not waste our time waiting on him, go look into other stuff. 

• Like 2

I am still catching up in this thread as I had a busy weekend but I want to say something before I do as I am sure there are many comments about it here as usual.

The reason why some bands choose to play mostly the same set list only varying a little Is because being honest it's a different crowd at each show usually. They keep in mind that not everyone is following them all over the world watching concerts. Sure there are some who travel several times a year but in reality the percent is not as high as some think. Now if you saw a show in let's say Chicago and a week later they played another show with a different set list some fans would complain as they missed songs that were played. They are more likely to only change 1 or 2 in the set due to this In my opinion. 

Now I know someone will say but they been touring a few years now most have seen them once atleast. I am going to say still not entirely true as they mostly have not been doing many repeats at venues but the percent is higher.

It also makes it much easier when you have a set amount of songs you know you will play and some alts for those times you want to switch up a song or two. This way in an already tight schedule they do not have to worry with constant set changes. The band as a whole will know what songs can be played.

The average person does not follow the band all around the world. I would wager a guess that if the concert was polled over half would be seeing them for the first time on the tour at least.

And it seems just like SoYL was added last time and played some of the other alts will be cycled in as well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Holy shit, there's already an entire article about it over here :D

Wow... That's actually a new even for that site. They're literally using our users as direct "sources" now. 

Hilarious. Also, I've removed the link as we have a long standing policy of not allowing links to their site on ours. 

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow... That's actually a new even for that site. They're literally using our users as direct "sources" now. 

That’s crazy! I’ve been quoted there a few times and all we do here is speculate. They’re quoting the kings and queens of speculation as GNR experts. Who knew the crazy internet people would go so far! 🤣

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

That’s crazy! I’ve been quoted there a few times and all we do here is speculate. They’re quoting the kings and queens of speculation as GNR experts. Who knew the crazy internet people would go so far! 🤣

This is the first I'd heard of it, but I guess it doesn't surprise me. 

Well, I'm glad GNR play the songs they do. Those songs are awesome.

Whenever I see a favorite band or musician, I'm glad they play their older songs. 

Fans still go to the shows and enjoy those songs.

I know Axl isn't going to sound like he did in 88, but nevertheless, he gives it his all. you can see how he's enjoying performing these songs and now with Slash and Duff back again, the energy is electric.

When I saw Metallica last year, they played songs from their new cd, but mostly their older hits. Nothing from St. Anger. lol Everyone was happy about that.

I saw Poison about 5 or 6 years in a row when we moved to Dallas and every year the set list was the same, but every year their fans came out to enjoy their show. Their energy is amazing too.

I think if you love a band, enjoy what they do and don't sweat that there's no new music or the same set list. If you love the songs, have fun and sing along.

Oh, Motley Crue is another band who does the same songs, even if there was a new album released, they do the same stuff. Damn, Vince is performing Crue songs when he performs alone.

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hilarious. Also, I've removed the link as we have a long standing policy of not allowing links to their site on ours. 

Whoops, sorry didn't know. I stumbled upon that site by just browsing the new leaks out of boredom and trying to find what the internet has to say about them.

8 hours ago, Crowebar said:

Wonder what was wrong with his boot? Is that McBob or some other personal helper? Really wish Axl would come back here and talk to us again. It sucks that he quit doing that 😳😢👎🏻

That's Tom Mayhue, he's been Axl's tech for almost 20 years now I think (as well as working for several other major artists).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crowebar said:

Wonder what was wrong with his boot? Is that McBob or some other personal helper? Really wish Axl would come back here and talk to us again. It sucks that he quit doing that 😳😢👎🏻

His skinny jeans pant leg wouldn't go back over his boot. He was running around with a boot sticking out which I thought was a reference to being in Texas but he just couldn't get the pant leg over it and likely didn't want to rip his pants bending over for it. Also people in Texas found his "Hey Fu*k y'all" shirt funny 

• Like 1