10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If they were dying to add Hard School or Locomotive to the set or even play them I’m sure we would’ve heard them by now. I wouldn’t get your hopes up at this point.

yes and no. I strongly believe we were getting one of them at the LA warm-up show and by going on late they ran out of time, but i also think vegas we could see one or both

Edited by Gunsdrummer63

1 hour ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Didn’t know that either. Congratulations guys!

GNR Tinder. But let’s not give Fernando any business ideas. 😄

Maybe there could be a section in the forum called mygnr singles :lol:

Serious idea, I would definitely be interested. How did you all meet on here, just started pm each other? @BlueJean Baby @Fitha_whiskey

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe there could be a section in the forum called mygnr singles :lol:

Serious idea, I would definitely be interested. How did you all meet on here, just started pm each other? @BlueJean Baby @Fitha_whiskey

Well actually we had both been on here for years, but he cracked a goofy joke directed toward me on discord and then sent me a PM to apologize 🤣  The rest is history. ❤ 

Strange how things work out when you least expect it. But he makes me happier than I have ever been. 😊

So we joke that we met in the Barn 🤣

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

Yes my guess is Vegas as well

My guess would be next year when they recorded stuff. Debuting it months from when it will be released surely would diminish its impact when they actually release it no? Surprise gone when there's all this live footage on Youtube people already saw

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

46 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

My guess would be next year when they recorded stuff. Debuting it months from when it will be released surely would diminish its impact when they actually release it no? Surprise gone when there's all this live footage on Youtube people already saw

Good point.  Just hypothetically speaking, if the internet had been around in '91 I wonder if they would've debuted those songs in the shows before the albums came out. They didn't really have that much material to draw from if they didn't do the Illusions material.  I think they would've waited until the albums came out.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think all the songs from the Alt list have everything to do with how Axl is feeling in the moment. 

Put HS aside and think of just Dead Horse and Locomotive: those songs are incredibly demanding on Axl, before you even worry about the rest of the band. 

So I feel like if/when Axl feels like he can do them justice, he'll bust them out. 

Yes. Not to mention that when they play it its gonna be watched a ton on youtube and pretty much no matter how great it will be, lots of comments will be "it was better in 1991"

So they arent gonna play them unless Axl is 120% 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Yes. Not to mention that when they play it its gonna be watched a ton on youtube and pretty much no matter how great it will be, lots of comments will be "it was better in 1991"

So they arent gonna play them unless Axl is 120% 

Virtually everything in GNR-land was better in 1991! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Good point.  Just hypothetically speaking, if the internet had been around in '91 I wonder if they would've debuted those songs in the shows before the albums came out. They didn't really have that much material to draw from if they didn't do the Illusions material.  I think they would've waited until the albums came out.

As far as I'm aware when they started with the shows in May the album was supposed to come out in summer but then got pushed back during summer. I can see them debuting new material if it's close to being released, but if they've got no idea at what pace they will be recording GNR music as Slash said? Not a good call to play new songs live when a new album and single release would be like, March 2020.

• Like 1