10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

And there it is...for once they go out of their comfort zone and - BOOM - a little of that GNR magic comes through.

Fuck the unappreciative "casual" fans who don't get it, this one had "it". Slash was killing it on guitar and Axl did a great performance really singing "with" the band.

That lady screaming is annoying but funny too, I applaude her for the excitement and celebrating the moment, more fans should be like her...well maybe not that ear piercing loud, but still... ;)

They really should bring out the deep cuts more often, this was really really good!

2 hours ago, sl4yer said:

These shorter sets are good. Put Hardschool or Quick Song between NR and Kohd and it will be perfect

Why would you want a shorter set?? Still paying fucking money for it. A lot. I'd rather have a longer set, even if I don't like all songs. And really, adding Locomotive is great, but it taking Coma's spot sucks, as Coma is the better song.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Neither would i. This rick buys the cds, then buys VIP tickets, posted them on facebook when im sure TB know of his facebook page and wonders why hes been kicked out of the venue. If he had bought VIP tickets and not posted them know one would have neen none the wiser. But im sure as soon as TB recognised him in the VIP area he would have gotten thrown out anyway. His stupidity is what got him caught.

out of likes!

I thought Axl did good with locomotive. I said after the ACL show he seemed to be short of breath more than I had seen him in the past, not a knock on him just an observation. He's annunciating lines differently and you hear him breathing into the mic more. Could be an age thing or lack of excercise. But with that said I think he could have an even better performance of this song down the road which is  saying something because to me it was a great first go at! 

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

He made a legal purchase of goods that were legally purchased by someone else. He did NOTHING wrong. Unfortunately, this is the kind of bullshit you have to deal with when one of the top 5 greatest American rock bands is managed by 5th rate hired help. 

He made a purchase of, what anyone with a brain would know, something stolen/wasn't up for sale legally. And he talked about it and leaked it (? He did leak it after buying it, did he?).

28 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would you want a shorter set?? Still paying fucking money for it. A lot. I'd rather have a longer set, even if I don't like all songs. And really, adding Locomotive is great, but it taking Coma's spot sucks, as Coma is the better song.

Because I prefer more intense 2 hours set than 4 hours set with 10 covers. I’m glad they dropped Black Hole Sun and Seeker.

I prefer Locomotive over Coma too and Axl  sounds better on it

• Like 1

Very special that they played Locomotive again. A great Slash epic that deserves to be played. They did it justice, Slash will probably play it even better next time they do it as it seems to be going towards it being the rotation song with Coma. Pleased with it to be honest now they should play Dead Horse, Hard School, Oh My God and from Chinese I.R.S and The Blues plus more UYI deep cuts like The Garden and Dust n' Bones.

Edited by Rovim

7 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Currently enjoying the view of the venue from across the street. They have the cop In blue shirt keeping eyes on me. Venue refuses to refund me. 

You’re friends with WA. You got what you deserve, buddy.

Edited by Flake
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I just got caught up on the Rick situation.

I think the way he carried himself re the unreleased material was stupid, but it is utterly contemptible that the band's management kicked him out of a show that he legally paid for and that has nothing to do whatsoever with the leaks. 

I agree 100 percent. For a band that despises Trump, this is some straight petty ass Trump like bullshit. I’ve always supported TB, and will continue to do so, but a truly professional management team would not have taken this action. Fernando needs sometime in Sedona. Unless, of course, these songs were in consideration for an upcoming and proper release, and the leaks have fucked up that plan, then it’s Trump like bullshit. 

• Like 1

Well that was amazing!! A proof that the alt setlist isn't just a joke, it's there for a reason. 

Props to Axl for being able to sing this live, in some ways Locomotive reminds me of Coma because there's not much breathing space between the lines during the verse for instance. 

Also, nice to see they trimmed the setlist. If somebody had shown me this setlist about 10 years ago (and told me Duff & Slash would be back in the band) I would have just laughed :D

• Like 1

This was fucking stelar, loved it.

It's obvious that Axl struggled a bit, it's not because of his voice or anything, it's because of the song itself which doesn't have much breathing points in the verses.

He fucking nailed it, he sound amazing, i really love that he did it in low voice, especially the chorus, fits him way better. Good fucking job Axl with this.

• Like 1