10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

2 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

I think Rik's ego and bravado got the better of him. Mouthing off online bragging about the CDs then to have the audacity to go VIP is one of the most retarded things I can imagine. That's like rolling up a spliff in the reception of your local police station 

Yeah. Like he'd expecting they give him a high five in "VIP".

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

So, whoever posted that to YouTube is pretty much an ahole.  Pretty sure that's Margot's video that they posted to their account without any credit. 

Which in this day and age probably is better. Next Margot is not allowed back in the pit for posting that stuff.

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Still cannot believe they actually played this.  Vox are decent in some spots, but man really.....awful in others :blink:

I am usually a realist with you man but I didn't think he sounded awful at all. It wasn't 100% perfect but certainly much better than I imagined it would be.  Props all around.. Maybe just a little more wahh during  that outro solo ;)

• Like 1

Rick played a central part in multiple cds worth of un released tracks from the band leaking, including tracks that will probably be on the next album (if there is one). He then posted about it on the biggest Guns N' Roses forum on the net and on social under his real name to get attention. Suggesting he'd spread them, then they spread. He then buys a VIP pass to their concert with his name on a tag soon after expecting to meet the band.

He might not behind the personsa(s) in question spreading them through Discord or Evo, but he put himself front and center for attention.

Sorry guys, but get fuckin' real if your really think ole Rick was hard done by. He should be grateful he's not facing legal action, never mind expecting gratitude. We can all be grateful we heard these tracks, but don't expect the band to be. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am usually a realist with you man but I didn't think he sounded awful at all. It wasn't 100% perfect but certainly much better than I imagined it would be.  Props all around.. Maybe just a little more wahh during  that outro solo ;)

It was awful in spots, as I said.  Not overall, but in some spots.....its awful.   That is realist.  He needs to figure out how he wants to sing the song I think.  He goes from singing falsetto to semi spoken word to trying it with rasp.    It's a work in progress for him I imagine. 

14 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I respectfully disagree. Axl did an awesome job imho. What was it? 22 years later??

Time has nothing to do with how good or bad the vox are.    If you want to see he did awesome considering he hasn't performed the song in 22 years, I'd agree.  But, the fact remains, in spots the vox were awful. 

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It was awful in spots, as I said.  Not overall, but in some spots.....its awful.   That is realist.  He needs to figure out how he wants to sing the song I think.  He goes from singing falsetto to semi spoken word to trying it with rasp.    It's a work in progress for him I imagine. 

:shrugs:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Still cannot believe they actually played this.  Vox are decent in some spots, but man really.....awful in others :blink:

I think he sounded great, despite obviously having himself too low in his monitor mix from the start. Notice how right at the beginning he signals to the sound guy to turn him up in his mix and then tinkers with his amp on the belt. The studio version has layered vocals and some sound effects on the vocals, so I think Axl gave it a really solid rendition. Try singing that shit (or YCBM or Coma for that matter), I don't know what the guy was thinking when he wrote these song - fantastic music, but you basically need reanimation after performing it. I think he was great last night, hope they keep it in the set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Locomotive...Holy shit!! Merry Christmas and Happy Guns N Fuckin Roses!!!!! I cannot believe what I just watched.. I might need a hammer to beat this erection down.. Axl sounded much better than I would have imagined and this was only the first time. He may have actually practiced! Too bad I need to run to work right now or I would be watching this sht all fucking day long!

Thank You Guns N' Roses \m/

I'm with you. I thought the band kicked ass and Axl really did his best. Given his age and the fact that he hasn't done the song in 27 years, I thought he did fan-fucking-tastic!

1 hour ago, Rodrigo11ca said:

The video above is the one I watched live as it happened last night. Surprisingly good mix for a live stream I thought. 

• Like 4