10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

I'm not sure what to make of this Rick situation. There must surely be more to it? It draws a lot of attention that could more easily be ignored. 

I'm fairly sure you can't have someone arrested for attending a concert they have purchased a ticket for. You can deny them access, but threaten them with arrest? The only way I can see that would be possible is if some sort of restraining order has been issued that would be breached. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'm not sure what to make of this Rick situation. There must surely be more to it? It draws a lot of attention that could more easily be ignored. 

I'm fairly sure you can't have someone arrested for attending a concert they have purchased a ticket for. You can deny them access, but threaten them with arrest? The only way I can see that would be possible is if some sort of restraining order has been issued that would be breached. 

This is TB we're talkin about, "professionalism" is their surname. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Frank played Locomotive very well, I'm impressive

I have the impression that Duff has told him how to play it right, judging from the actual live performance. 

Edited by Sosso

Let me just say...after hearing Locomotive last night, I am seriously considering being “sick” on Friday, if you know what I mean. I literally just told myself after this past weekend that I am never riding the rail again for a festival, and I was content seeing GNR only one of the two weekends at ACL, but dammit after this, I am considering changing my mind. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

56 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I think he sounded great, despite obviously having himself too low in his monitor mix from the start. Notice how right at the beginning he signals to the sound guy to turn him up in his mix and then tinkers with his amp on the belt. The studio version has layered vocals and some sound effects on the vocals, so I think Axl gave it a really solid rendition. Try singing that shit (or YCBM or Coma for that matter), I don't know what the guy was thinking when he wrote these song - fantastic music, but you basically need reanimation after performing it. I think he was great last night, hope they keep it in the set.

Totally agree. It was never an easy tune to sing live when he was much younger. Axl did a pretty decent job as far as I'm concerned. He threw the mic up in the air at the end so yeah he was having some mic/mix tech problems from the looks of it

Either way, I'm super happy they played it!! 😃👍🏻

Thanks Axl 🍻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

It was awful in spots, as I said.  Not overall, but in some spots.....its awful.   That is realist.  He needs to figure out how he wants to sing the song I think.  He goes from singing falsetto to semi spoken word to trying it with rasp.    It's a work in progress for him I imagine. 

Time has nothing to do with how good or bad the vox are.    If you want to see he did awesome considering he hasn't performed the song in 22 years, I'd agree.  But, the fact remains, in spots the vox were awful. 

It's one of my favorite songs. I've never thought they would play Locomotive again. I wouldn't dare to bet they will play it again in the next up coming show. Sure in the early 90s sounded better. But I'd rather have a bad live version of Locomotive than some cover song in the set list that I don't care about.

LOL ok im probably going to a show now GDL here i come - they just need SORUM on this fucker but slash and axl + duff fucking stupendous 

imagine if they got sorum though just for that outro nobody can touch him there frank can't do it but great effort 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

I thought "Locomotive" was awesome! Biting my tongue over here.

With that song on the setlist maybe I'll see them live again at Lollapalooza 2020.

(only two days away until they confirm the band on the Argetina, Chile and Brazil version of the festival in 2020 \0/)

25 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Let me just say...after hearing Locomotive last night, I am seriously considering being “sick” on Friday, if you know what I mean. I literally just told myself after this past weekend that I am never riding the rail again for a festival, and I was content seeing GNR only one of the two weekends at ACL, but dammit after this, I am considering changing my mind. 

its a gamble, might not play it's cause its a festival and Axl appears pissed thorough out it.