10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

10 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I suppose bands have the same right to "refuse service" as stores, restaurants and other businesses.

However, if Rick was kicked out for no reason other than being a persona non grata, I think they should at least refund him for his ticket.

You can refuse admission at any show- it's usually one of the very first things on the terms of any ticket. 

You can't however arrest someone for trying to attend I don't think. Technically he could buy a ticket for every single tour date, and it would be entirely up to them to sit on the door looking out for him in order to deny him entry. 

2 hours ago, iftheworld said:

By all means, enjoy the show to the fullest and do and say what you feel while you're there, but goodness, even though this has better audio than the other video, that screaming makes me want to commit suicide.  :(

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

So I guess the next question is: Is this something they will continue with the rest of this leg? Or will they go back and forth with Coma? 

100% Trolling move to get our asses in seats.  It will work.  Throw in DDM and Bad Apples and were all gonna be like Tako and go to every show.

17 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

My favorite GNR track was played? Dare I listen? I imagine Axl probably butchered it.

I don't post much, but I'm highly critical of Axl's shitty live voice, but he handled this song with grace.  It was a pleasure to listen to.  Wish he would try this hard with at least Estranged.  

All things considered, Axl did a good job. The song is more confortably for his voice, he just need to find a way to sing the verses. The amount of words in the studio version is impossible to reproduce live. It's breathing hell! 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You can refuse admission at any show- it's usually one of the very first things on the terms of any ticket. 

You can't however arrest someone for trying to attend I don't think. Technically he could buy a ticket for every single tour date, and it would be entirely up to them to sit on the door looking out for him in order to deny him entry. 

In Canada he could be charged with tresspass at least.  Not sure about USA

43 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I have the impression that Duff has told him how to play it right, judging from the actual live performance. 

39 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Same here, Duff seems to be directing Frank throughout the song

It's a long and complex song being played for the first time live for Frank. Duff was only giving him some cues to the variations on the rhythm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

In Canada he could be charged with tresspass at least.  Not sure about USA

How? Is Gio, or whatever that guy is called, saying to him at a random show "We don't want to see you at our shows." enough to charge someone with trespassing in an arena in the next city? Wouldn't the venue in question have to tell Rick: "You are not allowed to enter our venue." for that to work?

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

How? Is Gio, or whatever that guy is called, saying to him at a random show "We don't want to see you at our shows." enough to charge someone with trespassing in an arena in the next city? Wouldn't the venue in question have to tell Rick: "You are not allowed to enter our venue." for that to work?

As far as I know, they can say "we don't want to see you", they can refuse him entrance at any show if they see him in the queue, but (assuming he has a valid ticket) I think any threat of arrest is empty. 

If he has a ticket, enters the building with that ticket, he's not doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law. 

They did a great job with the song and I’m very grateful they did this for the fans, because the audience at the show was like “what’s going on?”. Hope they keep playing it (at least a few more times), so Axl is comfortable with the mic, audio, whatever it was, and can enjoy more because he was clearly tense the whole song. Even Slash seemed more concentrated than usual.

Axl just needs practice with the track, that's maybe the 8th time they've EVER played that song. If he sticks to the clean singing he did for the first verse, which sounded fantastic; although it would help if the setlist was smaller and he could push during the "chorus". I loved hearing the playing though, Frank wasn't as bad as I figured he would be. The drumming and guitars are probably the key to this song and it sounded good. I feel cheated now, why didn't they play this in Charlotte when Axl sounded great!! 😂