10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

11 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i'm a big fan of so fine and i know others aren't but back in 92 especially in tokyo and oklahama they kill that song, axl and duff mesh well on it, the only concern i have is that Duff sang it back then super hammered and his voice sounded cool as a result, i'm not sure he can mimick that same wasted voice singing it but thats the charm of that song

im extremely worried about dead horse and axl pulling it off voice wise, i would say it's the hardest song to pull off in GNR's catalogue along with locomotive and don't damn me 

If Axl let Melissa sing the chorus of locomotive and he use his chest voice, it would be wonderful

• Like 1

I never thought Id get to see Mel play Locomotive. And she nailed it! :P I cant believe they sang those lyrics in todays PC culture :lol:

Fuck that was great :headbang:I actually like some voice choices Axl made that were different from the album (just in passing once or twice). Band was pretty on. But theres room for improvement, which is exciting - I hope that they will chase that dragon!! Especially the outro could be tighter, but it was still awesome!

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh at the people complaining about the woman screaming during stream. 

Not to be all "old timer" about it, but SO much is taken for granted these days. 

To be clear, here's how we would have heard this back in the early 90s:

Someone would have had to have snuck in recording equipment, then got away with recording the entire show. Then it would have been sold to bootleg companies. Then you would have to accidentally find the bootleg in a CD store that happens to sell bootlegs, months if not a year later. 

After all of that, you'd pay at least $60 for a 2 CD set (the going rate in the early 90s for bootlegs), then you'd STILL hear people screaming over the track. 

Instead, everyone gets to watch it literally in the palm of their hand from their couch if they want. Somehow, people still find a way to whine about it lol. 

In short; kids these days! 

This

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I never thought Id get to see Mel play Locomotive. And she nailed it! :P I cant believe they sang those lyrics in todays PC culture :lol:

Fuck that was great :headbang:I actually like some voice choices Axl made that were different from the album (just in passing once or twice). Band was pretty on. But theres room for improvement, which is exciting - I hope that they will chase that dragon!! Especially the outro could be tighter, but it was still awesome!

True, the outro could be tighter.  But I actually think the last 5-7 seconds were awesome.  The way they ended in sync with the "Heeyy Heys" was great.  Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10 but I think they can realistically get it to 9/10.  Only thing preventing a 10/10 is Axl just not being able to deliver with as much power as needed in some spots.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh at the people complaining about the woman screaming during stream. 

Not to be all "old timer" about it, but SO much is taken for granted these days. 

To be clear, here's how we would have heard this back in the early 90s:

Someone would have had to have snuck in recording equipment, then got away with recording the entire show. Then it would have been sold to bootleg companies. Then you would have to accidentally find the bootleg in a CD store that happens to sell bootlegs, months if not a year later. 

After all of that, you'd pay at least $60 for a 2 CD set (the going rate in the early 90s for bootlegs), then you'd STILL hear people screaming over the track. 

Instead, everyone gets to watch it literally in the palm of their hand from their couch if they want. Somehow, people still find a way to whine about it lol. 

In short; kids these days! 

Old timer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For being the first time in years in years, for being one of the hardest - if not THE hardest - songs of GNR catalogue... 

They did an amazing job, and  let's face it - at this point playing Locomotive is pure fan-service.

Really glad for Frank finally stepping up and receiving some well-deserved praise, pretty surprised by Axl, I think after all these years this was a good showcase of his technical growth as a singer.

Still plenty of room for improvement tho, hopefully they won't let us down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

They should replace Coma with Locomotive on a permanent level.

I say there shouldn't be any permanent level; shit should get shuffled around all the time! Element of surprise! 

Next stop: a school. Or maybe a School. A Hard one. 

2 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Exactly! What about the video/audio quality?!

I remember I was a teenager and used to watch these horrible VHSs, where you could only see Axl’s shadow moving.

Once my room’s door was open and my dad was walking around the house. Every time he would pass in front of my room he’d take a look, until finally he couldn’t help himself but stop and ask me what the hell I was doing watching that black screen with a wheezing sound for 2,5 hours. Was there anything to watch? I had to point where Axl was and tell him what was going, but he still couldn’t see it. 🤣

Spent almost a year to get a shitty VHS from the RIR 2001, that was broadcasted nationwide. Cut to 2019 and there's live streaming from the front row. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

The most boring thing when going to a show is this: People not interact or react, just standing there looking tired or grumpy and look down on those who sings and enjoys themselves. That girl who's screaming in the streams? That kind of a fan are the ones i would like going to my show if a were an artist.. She probably had the night of her life.  Some people here complain even though they can watch the show from their couch, be fucking grateful that someone took the time and record the show for u. :headbang:

Oh, you are sooo right 🤘🏼  Hate when people don’t interact. 

18 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

The most boring thing when going to a show is this: People not interact or react, just standing there looking tired or grumpy and look down on those who sings and enjoys themselves. That girl who's screaming in the streams? That kind of a fan are the ones i would like going to my show if a were an artist.. She probably had the night of her life.  Some people here complain even though they can watch the show from their couch, be fucking grateful that someone took the time and record the show for u. :headbang:

Isn't just here that  people complaining about this screaming girl, if you go Ultimate classic Rock FB you can read this same complaining about this girl. But yes you are right.👍

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, username said:

Locomotive was interesting and actually pretty good. Very cool that they played it. Axl went full Brian Johnson at some point, but he pulled it off. 

As for Rick, that's just fucking pathetic. No matter who you are, they shouldn't refuse anybody that paid good money for a show just because they think he might be involved with leaks. TB are a bunch of monumental cunts. 

If Rick is involved with leaks, why would they let him in? The damage of all those leaks coming out far outweighs the price of a concert ticket. Seems fair enough if you ask me. If he was involved with the leaks, he's lucky that's all that has happened to him. i'm not against the leaks, or him, but GN'R/TB aren't in the wrong for not wanting the guy around at their shows. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Isn't just here that  people complaining about this screaming girl, if you go Ultimate classic Rock FB you can read this same complaining about this girl. But yes you are right.👍

Okey, this is the only forum i'm at so i can't speak of other forums.. But my point still standing =) The show's not for us poeple behind the screens, many people seems to forget that.