10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

6 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

Okey, this is the only forum i'm at so i can't speak of other forums.. But my point still standing =) The show's not for us poeple behind the screens, many people seems to forget that. 

True, I remember in 2017, when Guns played in RiR , I thought, oh god, again the same setlist (some bigger than nowadays), but the critics went crazy with the size of  setlist and how they played all hits

57 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

soyl is among one of his top performances. He should drop Witchita

I completely agree, I just feel they (axl ) want/need to play slower songs. God i hate that scom, nov rain, eichita, knocking stretch. Not that i hate every songs. Its just... it’s a long slow part of the most dangerous band in the world...

1 hour ago, estranged_85 said:

Okey, this is the only forum i'm at so i can't speak of other forums.. But my point still standing =) The show's not for us poeple behind the screens, many people seems to forget that. 

agreed absolutely, i think that any artist prefer an most enthusiast fan but these looks like zombie crowds.

1 hour ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Exactly! What about the video/audio quality?!

I remember I was a teenager and used to watch these horrible VHSs, where you could only see Axl’s shadow moving.

Once my room’s door was open and my dad was walking around the house. Every time he would pass in front of my room he’d take a look, until finally he couldn’t help himself but stop and ask me what the hell I was doing watching that black screen with a wheezing sound for 2,5 hours. Was there anything to watch? I had to point where Axl was and tell him what was going on, but he still couldn’t see it. 🤣

Yeah. And for that you paid a shitload of money. Don't miss those days. <_<

5 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

How can people not recognize or even know Locomotive? You paid a shitload of money to be there, this isn't some 3 minute filler or My World. Who are these people?

Damn this band and it's fans :lol:

When I was in the pit (!) in Nijmegen two years ago, the guy next to me didn't even know Rocket Queen.

Axl knew good and well playing Locomotive would garner media attention. They did it for themselves and the fans in attendance obviously, but they definitely knew it would get the diehards, casuals, and media talking. Wonder if there could be more to that. 

Edited by GNRfanJen

2 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I was at that same show, Dutch crowds are really stiff. You almost feel out of place and awkward singing along at shows like that :lol:

Nothing worse than someone singing along... seriously, I paid good money to hear the band, not to hear someone singing out of tune next to me.

• Haha 1