10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

I wouldn't call people who don't own at least one copy of UYI II average fans. Maybe casuals, yes. But not average. I understand the majority not getting excited about CD material, but Locomotive is to GNR what say Achilles is to Zeppelin, any actual fan should know it.

One of Zeps greatest tracks :headbang::headbang: Same with wearing and tearing & Poor Tom

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Most people at the shows are casual fans. Listen to the reaction to WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain vs all the other songs. 

In fact, as dumb as it is. A lot of people next to me actually left and never came back after SCOM. Can't blame them though. They want to hear the hits. I have bands where I'm just a casual fan and I'm in that camp. 

This is true, but for me even when I'm a casual fan I stay to the end, unless the band are playing shite and sometimes I even break my rule and stay (RHCP).

As far as I'm concerned those casuals can't  leave quick enough, I want to be surrounded by people  who know and are enjoying the music, and not people waiting for the hits on their phone or talking loudly to their friends (not even about what's happening in front of them).

One of my favourite gnr gigs was 2012 in dublin because loads of the 'hits' fans didn't buy tickets because of the 2010 gig, but this made it excellent, great crowd!

21 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I wouldn't call people who don't own at least one copy of UYI II average fans. Maybe casuals, yes. But not average. I understand the majority not getting excited about CD material, but Locomotive is to GNR what say Achilles is to Zeppelin, any actual fan should know it.

You know a lot more people who've listened to all of UYI than I do. 

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Locomotive was excellent.

How the hell did they recognize Rick? 

He publicly posted on Facebook that he was at the show and in VIP, so not hard to find him after that.

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Rick played a central part in multiple cds worth of un released tracks from the band leaking, including tracks that will probably be on the next album (if there is one). He then posted about it on the biggest Guns N' Roses forum on the net and on social under his real name to get attention. Suggesting he'd spread them, then they spread. He then buys a VIP pass to their concert with his name on a tag soon after expecting to meet the band.

He might not behind the personsa(s) in question spreading them through Discord or Evo, but he put himself front and center for attention.

Sorry guys, but get fuckin' real if your really think ole Rick was hard done by. He should be grateful he's not facing legal action, never mind expecting gratitude. We can all be grateful we heard these tracks, but don't expect the band to be. 

Yeah I agree. If he hadn't said anything and no one knew he had bought the CDs (and kept quiet about being at the show) none of that would've happened.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I don't understand how anyone could expect the average GNR fan to know Locomotive. 

My Brother would be casual, and would have heard all GNRs albums. He heard me listening to the track and was asking what song it was, so I totally agree with you. I'd consider him someone who has a pretty wide knowledge of the band, but obviously hasn't gone down the rabbit hole like I did :D 

This song is added in for the forum type fans. He liked the song, and thought it was cool they added it... but he also said Garden of eden, Dead Horse, Pretty tied up would have been better shouts to add. As much as I like Locomotive, it is a long, long song so I kinda agree with him as someone objectively looking at the 3hr show. Still as a hardcore fan (objectivity out the window) I'm doing cartwheels that they played such a deep cut. :D 

• Like 1

Guns n Roses basically have 5 albums. Surely someone who has enough of an interest to cough up over $100 for concert tickets would at least have heard most of their songs before, there aren't that many to go through.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't understand how anyone could expect the average GNR fan to know Locomotive. 

If by average, you mean a casual fan, who only knows the biggest hits, then you're probably right. How ever, fans don't have to be die-hards to own UYI albums and in that case many of them must at least recognize the song when it starts playing (many may know the lyrics too)  I mean, there must be some kind of "middle ground fans" between the SCOM crowd and the die-hards? 

If I was a casual fan and heard that fast riff from Slash's guitar for the first time, I'd definitely try to reschedule my pee break and see what the song is about.:P

Anyway, I'm really glad they played it live after so long time. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle locomotive gif

and BTW, have Fermanager's henchmen busted a cap on Rick's ass already?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Guns n Roses basically have 5 albums. Surely someone who has enough of an interest to cough up over $100 for concert tickets would at least have heard most of their songs before, there aren't that many to go through.

Yeah its not like they have some deep catalog like the Stones. Any "fan" should be familiar with the song.

That said, many go for the experience.

Axl was about as good vocally on that song as you can expect. He was always a bit of a clusterfuck on Locomotive. The lower register sounds fine, as usual when he starts going to the higher register it sounds weak, but about as good as you're getting from a guy pushing 60 at this point. Definitely a breath of fresh air to hear something different. 

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know a lot more people who've listened to all of UYI than I do. 

This morning I actually immediately sent the locomotive link to 5 friends/family members that I knew would know and appreciate that it was played..  If I scrolled through all my contacts I could have definitely sent it to a few more but they have become more of acquaintances over the years. One friend (from Michigan actually) would have loved it but he passed a few years ago. 

After listening to Locomotive for the 20th time since last night, he sounds better doing this song live at 57 then he did in 1991. I never thought I would ever make that statement about the current version of Guns N Roses. Pretty amazing how adding one deep cut can completely change your enthusiasm for the band. Amazing performance, that has not got old after hearing it 20 times, getting ready for 21. Crank it up with some headphones, great experience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

After listening to Locomotive for the 20th time since last night, he sounds better doing this song live at 57 then he did in 1991. I never thought I would ever make that statement about the current version of Guns N Roses. Pretty amazing how adding one deep cut can completely change your enthusiasm for the band. Amazing performance, that has not got old after hearing it 20 times, getting ready for 21. Crank it up with some headphones, great experience.

lol.... Listened to it on my phone and laptop a few times before work this morning.. Then had my phone on my dash while driving to work with it cranked through my car speakers!! Watched it while walking my dog tonight and a couple more times after that ha

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

lol.... Listened to it on my phone and laptop a few times before work this morning.. Then had my phone on my dash while driving to work with it cranked through my car speakers!! Watched it while walking my dog tonight and a couple more times after that ha

lol, it's just not getting old. This sounds very lame but I have not been this excited over the band since they reunited, over just adding one song to the setlist. I am just blown away with how good they sound on such a difficult song considering how bad Axl has sounded on songs like November Rain and You Could Be Mine.

18 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

If by average, you mean a casual fan, who only knows the biggest hits, then you're probably right. How ever, fans don't have to be die-hards to own UYI albums and in that case many of them must at least recognize the song when it starts playing (many may know the lyrics too)  I mean, there must be some kind of "middle ground fans" between the SCOM crowd and the die-hards? 

If I was a casual fan and heard that fast riff from Slash's guitar for the first time, I'd definitely try to reschedule my pee break and see what the song is about.:P

Anyway, I'm really glad they played it live after so long time. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle locomotive gif

and BTW, have Fermanager's henchmen busted a cap on Rick's ass already?

Locomotive and Nighttrain, they should do a cover of Crazy Train and have Train as an opening act.😄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I think that the secret that Axl sounds better now he  did back then is Axl for his age can't run too much , and it improvement him perfomance. Back then Axl run out like madman.

• Like 1