Coma
Blues Jam/ Sweet Child O' Mine
November rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience
Paradise City
  • Like 1

I received my wristband a few days ago. I am having second thoughts regarding the ACL gig on October 11th. I am not fond of festival environments or of the oddballs that turn up at ACL. I must be aging out of the concert experience, as most shows tend to be more trouble than they are worth at this stage of my life... 

Edited by rockphantom

• 2 weeks later...

Is ANYONE from the forum going to the October 11th GNR gig at Zilker park? I bought tickets for the 2nd weekend, because there is traditionally a lower turnout compared to the first weekend. The highly anticipated University Of Texas Vs. Oklahoma University "Red River Showdown" will be taking place on October 12th in Dallas. This football game is a religious event for many residents of Austin, and should help reduce the amount of people in attendance for the second weekend of ACL. 

I am going to stay at my friend's condo which is a 15 minute walk from Zilker park. 
Parking for the ACL fest is usually a BITCH!!

Edited by rockphantom

I am putting this out there for grins. Would anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area being interested in buying my October 11th ACL Wristband? My instincts are telling me not to attend this show. I would like to sell the wristband at cost ($120) and could meet up locally (at a police department) to make the transaction.

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

I am putting this out there for grins. Would anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area being interested in buying my October 11th ACL Wristband? My instincts are telling me not to attend this show. I would like to sell the wristband at cost ($120) and could meet up locally (at a police department) to make the transaction.

Just out of curiosity, why are your instincts telling you not to attend the show?  Not criticizing, just curious. 

Edit: I just read your earlier post which explains it.  I can totally understand that.

Edited by lame ass security

4 hours ago, colgatetoothpasteyum said:

Since it's an outdoor music festival rather than a stadium and the staff is not exclusively for GNR, do you think I could get away with a "Play Hardschool!!!" cardboard sign? I plan on camping at the rail.

I can tell you right now, from personal experience, that won’t work. I had made a sign that I was proud of, brought it with me into the park, camped at the rail, and held it up for all of 3 seconds I think after ISE/Brownstone, before Gio (the same guy who cornered Rick today), literally came and took it from my hands, rolled it up, and put it down on the ground in front of me where I couldn’t reach it. I bet he felt so high and mighty taking away an innocent sign from a small girl in the front row. 

If you still want to try it then please be my guest, I’m just giving you my personal experience of what happened to me just a few days ago at the same festival. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I can tell you right now, from personal experience, that won’t work. I had made a sign that I was proud of, brought it with me into the park, camped at the rail, and held it up for all of 3 seconds I think after ISE/Brownstone, before Gio (the same guy who cornered Rick today), literally came and took it from my hands, rolled it up, and put it down on the ground in front of me where I couldn’t reach it. I bet he felt so high and mighty taking away an innocent sign from a small girl in the front row. 

If you still want to try it then please be my guest, I’m just giving you my personal experience of what happened to me just a few days ago at the same festival. 

Yeah, you won't get away with it. Only chance is if you take it out at a time where Axl sees it before Gio or any of the other guys do.

10 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Aw, well, I'm not a small girl, I'm a big guy, but if they're taking away the signs even at festivals than I guess I shouldn't even bother.

Anyways, even though it's exciting to see they played Locomotive, I really hope they play Coma on Friday. It's my favorite song and it'll be my first time seeing the band.

On 2019-10-08 at 12:40 PM, andrew032302 said:

Hate to say that, unfortunately, due to school, I can only go on Saturday. It’s upsetting, but it’s not like the guys are ever gonna stop touring.

Zero guarantees for anyone/anything is more like it. Nobody knows what the future may bring. Guns could be gone today/tomorrow/whenever... 😳

On 08/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, GNRfanJen said:

So how did those people who held up those "slash balls out" signs end up being able to hold them up without security getting a hold of them and axl excitedly wanting to hold one of the signs up?.

On 09/10/2019 at 3:40 AM, andrew032302 said:

Hate to say that, unfortunately, due to school, I can only go on Saturday. It’s upsetting, but it’s not like the guys are ever gonna stop touring.

You have that fact on your side!

3 hours ago, rockphantom said:

If I arrived at the festival around 4:30pm would I have enough time to get a good spot for the GNR show? I'm not expecting to be in the front row. I would like to spend as little time at Zilker as possible. It's in the 50's and damp down here!! 

Just wait till the raconteurs end and walk right up. That’s what I did last week and I was right by the stage