10/15/19 - Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena

alfierose

5 hours ago, SAU3R said:

This piece of utter garbage was the official litho??? They really want money for this? 

Usually they sell out and I i like to get a Litho from all the shows i go to so I got one before the show but I had a pit and I did not want to hold it the whole show so I folded it until it was able to fit on my pocket than after the  show I am looking at the merch table and of course there is a whole stack of them still unsold, wonder what they do with the unsold ones

• Confused 1

Just now, k12 said:

Usually they sell out and I i like to get a Litho from all the shows i go to so I got one before the show but I had a pit and I did not want to hold it the whole show so I folded it until it was able to fit on my pocket than after the  show I am looking at the merch table and of course there is a whole stack of them still unsold, wonder what they do with the unsold ones

I'd probably burn them (that one anyway 😂) if it were up to me but my guess is someone sells them on ebay? Behind Axls back of course... 😳

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Seriously?!

Is he supposed to be nailed to a cross?  WTF.  Plus four dildo-shaped silos?  Must be confirmation that Fortus is now considered a partner.

And yeah, the gun.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a scarecrow but it's just awful

10 hours ago, Crowebar said:

If he didn't collapse 1st in the middle of trying that 😂 he's not 28 anymore. Perfect crime's never been easy to sing live. Studio? Yes easier but still hard

Where's that lowered expectations meme when we need it? 😂

This is GNR - do or die.  No hostages taken ;)

...or get Iz back to sing half the catalogue

1 minute ago, shotsfired cro said:

This is GNR - do or die.  No hostages taken ;)

...or get Iz back to sing half the catalogue

Izzy's backup vocals sounded great with this band.. Having him and Duff singing backups would help mask some of Axl's struggles.. He could certainly have sang a song or two during the set to give Axl a break... Same for Gilby.. His backing vocals are waaay under appreciated. If you listen to those iconic acoustic sets from the Skin N' Bones tour, you will hear Gilby's vocals all over them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

Locomotive

Breakdown

Dead Horse

Don't Damn Me

Coma

- Axl carried out in a stretcher at the end.

He wouldn't make to the 2nd verse of Perfect Crime 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Izzy's backup vocals sounded great with this band.. Having him and Duff singing backups would help mask some of Axl's struggles.. He could certainly have sang a song or two during the set to give Axl a break... Same for Gilby.. His backing vocals are waaay under appreciated. If you listen to those iconic acoustic sets from the Skin N' Bones tour, you will hear Gilby's vocals all over them.

Izzys voice back in the 80s and 90s was great and also on his later solo stuff, but if you listen to his 2012 (which was also already 7 years ago) appearances with GNR his voice is far away from what it was back then 

Agree about Gilby though, I never enjoyed his playing that much but his backing vocals were spot on

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Mickey Mouse in da house....

https://www.omaha.com/entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-are-alternately-epic-and-uneven-in-nebraska/article_b4febb4b-17f0-57c5-ac60-e8086474dca9.html

Normally, when a band can’t get it right, it’s a team effort. They haven’t rehearsed enough. They’re having monitor or sound problems and just can’t quite pull it together. Perhaps they’re simply having an off night.

But not on Tuesday. I hate to say it, but the blame fell squarely on the shoulders of the frontman. Axl Rose wasn’t quite there, and it showed.

Before you jump all over me — “He’s not 22 any more!” or “Why are you picking on him?” or “Are you sure you weren’t hearing things?” — realize that sometimes in Lincoln, Rose was the ferocious frontman he’s always been.

Growling. Howling. Hitting those impossible high notes.

In boots, chains, a tight T-shirt, flannel tied around his waist and a red bandana on his head, Rose was the singer we always remember when he really went for it on songs such as “Civil War” and “November Rain.” His full-throated delivery made the songs sound blessed by the rock gods.

But when stood on the lip of the stage during songs such as “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” “Better” and “You Could Be Mine,” Rose sounded flat. Sometimes pitchy. Often, he defaulted to a weak falsetto, sounding more like he was doing his best Axl Rose impression than actually singing in the band he founded.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricA said:

Screenshot_20191016-194444_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5194d88834298a38d9391f20ad2bb72c.jpg

Imagine you're in 2014, in those "we sort of left it in Vegas" & "we'll start looking very seriously" times. And I, the traveller in time, suddenly show you this picture... 

One can only dream, though. One can only dream. 

Edited by jamillos

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Imagine you're in 2014, in those "we sort of left it in Vegas" & "we'll start looking very seriously" times. And I, the traveller in time, suddently show you this picture... 

I think it was inevitable. The question is who would make the first move.

Imagine you're in 2014, in those "we sort of left it in Vegas" & "we'll start looking very seriously" times. And I, the traveller in time, suddently show you this picture... 

You just casually put in on axls flying  piano with a note "2019".

I’d say “woah Axl has a backward hat on...wait is that Slash!?” But honestly I implore anyone who thinks it was inevitable that Axl and Slash would reunite to go read the forums reunion topics from 2010-2014...you would be laughed at for suggesting it was possible. It’s crazy we are use to it now. 

I was watching DC 2016 and seeing Axl and Slash on that big stage together and Axl running around wearing a flannel made the last few years seem surreal. 

• Like 1

Yep. I’m still discontented about the fact that so far, nobody has really asked Axl the question why. It even took a while before someone asked how the whole thing happened (I think it was the Axl + Duff video interview), where we got some basic timeline. But we still don’t know what it was exactly, when did it happen in Axl’s head that he went from "not in this lifetime" to "ok, it’s happening". Was it over three years? Did it happen within a month? Over night? (Don’t think so.) What was it that made him eventually change his mind? I know he’d said things could partially work if Slash apologized, but Slash hadn’t apologized publicly, yet they still worked it out at the end... What was the incentive, and when, how? Damn it, just questions, no answers. But hey, this is GN’R. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I’d say “woah Axl has a backward hat on...wait is that Slash!?” But honestly I implore anyone who thinks it was inevitable that Axl and Slash would reunite to go read the forums reunion topics from 2010-2014...you would be laughed at for suggesting it was possible. It’s crazy we are use to it now. 

Those were the days we'd go crazy for pics where they photoshopped Axl next to Slash :lol:

• Haha 3

A long time sports writer in Lincoln, who has a radio show, gave a quick review on his show: https://theticketfm.com/early-break/something-that-scott-frost-scoffed-at-in-mid-september-regarding-his-offense-has-come-back-to-bite-him/

Starts at 2:50

He praises the band to the moon, especially Axl, says he may never see a concert that good again. 

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1