10/15/19 - Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena

alfierose

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yep. I’m still discontented about the fact that so far, nobody has really asked Axl the question why. It even took a while before someone asked how the whole thing happened (I think it was the Axl + Duff video interview), where we got some basic timeline. But we still don’t know what it was exactly, when did it happen in Axl’s head that he went from "not in this lifetime" to "ok, it’s happening". Was it over three years? Did it happen within a month? Over night? (Don’t think so.) What was it that made him eventually change his mind? I know he’d said things could partially work if Slash apologized, but Slash hadn’t apologized publicly, yet they still worked it out at the end... What was the incentive, and when, how? Damn it, just questions, no answers. But hey, this is GN’R. 

I don't think we'll ever know, unless he writes a book or something.

On 16.10.2019 at 11:45 AM, shotsfired cro said:

Welcome to GNR world 2019

I saw GN'R live four times... just because I played GTA San Andreas in 2004 and some crazy dude screamed "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU GONNNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!". Lol. At that time I never thought that I would see this guy live several times and have to deal with this fan-unfriendly band.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yep. I’m still discontented about the fact that so far, nobody has really asked Axl the question why. It even took a while before someone asked how the whole thing happened (I think it was the Axl + Duff video interview), where we got some basic timeline. But we still don’t know what it was exactly, when did it happen in Axl’s head that he went from "not in this lifetime" to "ok, it’s happening". Was it over three years? Did it happen within a month? Over night? (Don’t think so.) What was it that made him eventually change his mind? I know he’d said things could partially work if Slash apologized, but Slash hadn’t apologized publicly, yet they still worked it out at the end... What was the incentive, and when, how? Damn it, just questions, no answers. But hey, this is GN’R. 

It's really not any of our business or our place to ask these questions, whether as a fan or the media. 

Its on a par, with a work colleague or a causal acquaintance going through a divorce or separation and you asking them about the details. 

I would imagine, you would not be recognised as being close to that person, and you would be told to mind your own business. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuskerTornado said:

A long time sports writer in Lincoln, who has a radio show, gave a quick review on his show: https://theticketfm.com/early-break/something-that-scott-frost-scoffed-at-in-mid-september-regarding-his-offense-has-come-back-to-bite-him/

Starts at 2:50

He praises the band to the moon, especially Axl, says he may never see a concert that good again. 

You are the host of this show?

7 hours ago, HuskerTornado said:

A long time sports writer in Lincoln, who has a radio show, gave a quick review on his show: https://theticketfm.com/early-break/something-that-scott-frost-scoffed-at-in-mid-september-regarding-his-offense-has-come-back-to-bite-him/

Starts at 2:50

He praises the band to the moon, especially Axl, says he may never see a concert that good again. 

Dude was literally sppechless in his praise of Axl and the show..

Seems kind of unreal in itself that he thinks Axl is as good as ever and doesn't struggle at all! 

42 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It's really not any of our business or our place to ask these questions, whether as a fan or the media. 

Its on a par, with a work colleague or a causal acquaintance going through a divorce or separation and you asking them about the details. 

I would imagine, you would not be recognised as being close to that person, and you would be told to mind your own business. 

Gotcha, but if I was a journalist and a fan (maybe something like Trunk), I wouldn't deem it inappropriate at all to ask about such thing anyway. The reaction would be up to Axl, of course. There have been more private things made public before.

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I saw GN'R live four times... just because I played GTA San Andreas in 2004 and some crazy dude screamed "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU GONNNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!". Lol. At that time I never thought that I would see this guy live several times and have to deal with this fan-unfriendly band.

yeah, well the answer to your question lies in your comment.

there is a difference between someone getting hooked to the band in 2004 and hoping to see them live, in any shape or form, and millions of fans who lived with them through their peak, biught albums, waited for them to enter stage, collected fan memorabilia for many years, collected bootlegs, stayed up all night to see their video premiere/album come out/or see them play at some event ie VMA's and then jwaited for them 25 years to get back half assed reunion actually labeled as 'reunion' with potatos like Frank/Rich/Mel, Ax singing careless shows ie Berlin and 100 similar ones, 10/34 cover songs on the setlist, see members being shoved away (Iz), almost humiliated (Adler being driven half the globe for one song), Matt and Gilb (who actually gave significant sound to UYI era) never even called back, shows taken down from ytb schizoidly, fans being banned from shows for this or that reason and, and, and...

There comes a time when die hards will say stick it up your ass Ax!  Funny but in a certain way a fan from '87, '88, '91 has rights on this band as much as Ax - with difference being - fans never harmed the legacy of the band to shit, Axl did - numerous times.

So yeah...We can not change things around, but after 30 years of worship - nobody can take it from us to take a piss on Ax/Team Brazil or whatever.   ...or call Duff spineless.   If it wasn't for Slash - many would have walked away by now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Seems kind of unreal in itself that he thinks Axl is as good as ever and doesn't struggle at all! 

Dude, the guy probably hasn’t has been listening to Axl as we have been for these years. Let this guy enjoy what he did the other night.

In the end. Guns plays 2.5 to 3 hours a show belting it out, full pin!! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Yeah, obviously those of us that have lived and died with every leak (although I have been severely out of the loop this year on that front, just haven't had time) and streamed concerts for years are more critical, as are music critics and others who go to the shows trying to nitpick as much as possible, so it is a change of pace to hear someone that went to the show, had a great time, and wasn't compelled to dump on Axl.  Somewhat refreshing. lol

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • GNFNR 1

• Gibbo unpinned this topic

Did they slow down WTTJ a bit?

I just watched a video of it from this show... seems like it was really grooving; maybe I’m imagining it?

Jungle is always better when those verse rhythms have space to breathe.

Edited by Ant