10/13/19 - Manchester, TN - Exit 111 Festival

FabioRoses

1 hour ago, Crowebar said:

The place was packed actually. According to someone that was actually there. Said gnr had more people in attendance than any other performer so... Not sure why you thought it was a "Really bad attendance." If you're going by a vid posted from the side of the stage? Lmfao 😂

You're going by what someone told you. A video is better proof than a story if you ask me.

Sure, it can feel packed if you're standing in any crowd. Sure, Axl sounds amazing when you are right there (another example). But that doesn't mean it was either packed or that Axl sounded amazing. 

I'm not attacking you or anything, I just didn't get why you shot him down for judging something based on what he sees in a video. Only to come with a counterargument based on hearsay.

EDIT: Also not saying that anyone is right or wrong here btw, I'm just enjoying the Locomotive video :heart:

Edited by UcudBmine

Just watched. I like how the band plays Locomotive, and I think Axl does a good job overall.

I just don't get why Slash is not playing the outro with a wah pedal. The album version is my favorite Slash solo, and I think it's ok if he just wanna jam and not stick to the original, but I'd much prefer if he used the wah.

• Like 1

It's awesome hearing them play Locomotive, but I hope they don't play it often. It would be like when they played Coma every night and killed the novelty of it. It's the kind of song that's more special when they break it out as a rare suprise.

Edited by Azifwekare

Just now, Azifwekare said:

It's awesome hearing them play Locomotive, but I hope they don't play it often. It would be like when they played Coma every night and killed the novelty of it. It's more special when they break it out as a rare suprise.

:blink: Except for the people in attendance. It's the same like alternating DC and Patience. Sucks when you get one but not the other. No one who gets it live will be like: ugh, I've already seen this on YT.

• Like 2

Just now, Azifwekare said:

It's awesome hearing them play Locomotive, but I hope they don't play it often. It would be like when they played Coma every night and killed the novelty of it. It's more special when they break it out as a rare suprise.

I see your point, but each time they play it it's special to the crowd that's seeing them that night.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

You're going by what someone told you. A video is better proof than a story if you ask me.

Sure, it can feel packed if you're standing in any crowd. Sure, Axl sounds amazing when you are right there (another example). But that doesn't mean it was either packed or that Axl sounded amazing. 

I'm not attacking you or anything, I just didn't get why you shot him down for judging something based on what he sees in a video. Only to come with a counterargument based on hearsay.

EDIT: Also not saying that anyone is right or wrong here btw, I'm just enjoying the Locomotive video :heart:

I don't know about the later part of the set but it looked packed in the stream from that southern guy who couldn't get over that they were 20 minutes late. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

Didn't shoot anyone down. Was told by a friend who attended that there was 100,000 + people in attendance for gnr by his/her estimation and they also had the largest crowd by far out of all performers. From the pics and vids I've seen, he/she wasn't exaggerating or lying. I'm just relaying what I was told so don't shoot the messenger 👍🏻

Edit: - Enjoy the Loco vid while you can because some moron gets a kick out of having them removed so nobody gets to enjoy them. Pretty communistic thing to do as far as I'm concerned

Edited by Crowebar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

this new Slash's solo must be release as a pro shot, soundboard or something, it's like the best thing i've ever heard.

I didn't see this one but it really has been fucking great.. I even have to give Fortus props for what he is subtly doing in the background. 

10 hours ago, Caedo said:

Unpopular opinion, Gnr's version Wichita Lineman is really great

I like it too.. I just hate Black Hole Sun.. That and Better are the only two songs that I can't stand in the set right now... Not bad for a 3+ hour show. 

10 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

Maybe using his deep voice? Don't know how it would sound, but who knows.

He should try it.. Would be different but still better than Mickey..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I like it too.. I just hate Black Hole Sun.. That and Better are the only two songs that I can't stand in the set right now... Not bad for a 3+ hour show. 

He should try it.. Would be different but still better than Mickey..

Yeah, I'd agree (Although I'd still trim the jamming/soloing too). I love listening to better at home but the song falls on its arse if Axl doesn't absolutely nail it, and I haven't heard him nail it since 2009? maybe 2012 at a push. It's what happens when you put yourself in a corner, recording incredibly difficult vocals. 

Black hole sun can piss right off though, I barely want to hear the Soundgarden version, never mind GNR doing it.

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

It's awesome hearing them play Locomotive, but I hope they don't play it often. It would be like when they played Coma every night and killed the novelty of it. It's the kind of song that's more special when they break it out as a rare suprise.

Yeah, I'd like it if sometimes they played neither Coma or Locomotive. Keeps the song special. I wasn't and I'm not a fan of Coma but hearing it at first I was happy for a deep cut, but now I dread it. I like Locomotive a whole lot more though to be fair.

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I do of get your point but they have a show for an attending audience, not us fans behind the screens at home. :) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1