10/13/19 - Manchester, TN - Exit 111 Festival

FabioRoses

10 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Here is another video of Locomotive that Margott took last night.

It's about as good as coma for Axl. I don't know if he's going to nail it, because it just looks like he has completely out of breath and then he has to sing another verse straight away. I think he can do it though, but it's just whether he puts the time in to get it nailed. The band sounds fantastic on this one though, and when Axl is hitting it's hard to resist.

11 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

Just imagine how many great songs they could play instead of 13 min long KOHD 

I love KOHD but this version sucks... I don't even care if it is long, I liek jams.. But it doesn't capture any of the magic the classic versions had. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ironmt said:

There are actually numerous songs Axl could pull off and sound good doing it, Pretty Tied Up, Breakdown, Bad Obsession, The Garden and You Ain't The First.

I think he would sound absolutely terrible on Breakdown unless he sand it in a lower register which could be cool. How does he not Mickey the hell out of it?

36 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love KOHD but this version sucks... I don't even care if it is long, I liek jams.. But it doesn't capture any of the magic the classic versions had. 

Agreed...I just don't know why they don't do the Ritz version 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think he would sound absolutely terrible on Breakdown unless he sand it in a lower register which could be cool. How does he not Mickey the hell out of it?

Yeah - I think he would need to lower it a fair bit (which parts are anyway) but it could be cool. I guess it’s all about using his voice the best way these days and that’s ok. There are plenty of others in the catalog which would suit him better if they would be brave and go for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

I don't know about the later part of the set but it looked packed in the stream from that southern guy who couldn't get over that they were 20 minutes late. 

My buddy was there all weekend and said Guns was jam packed. He said they were saying about 75k for their set and the field was full. I went to Bonnaroo there in '07 and there is a lot of room at that venue.

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

Always loved Locomotive since day 1 when it was 1st released. I've always liked the non mainstream guns tunes the best though. Don't damn me and basically all the stuff they didn't overkill on the radio/videos on mtv. Except for Jungle of course. Never get sick of that 1 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I think he would need to lower it a fair bit (which parts are anyway) but it could be cool. I guess it’s all about using his voice the best way these days and that’s ok. There are plenty of others in the catalog which would suit him better if they would be brave and go for them.

I don’t care about him not being able to sing high as he used to or not using his rasp the whole song, every song. I completely understand that if I want to enjoy that kind of performance, I have to go back to the old 90s videos.

What bothers me is that he doesn’t adapt many songs to his abilities today (and his low voice is so cool!) and also the out of breath situation. When I’m watching all I want to do is bring him a chair and the oxygen mask, I can’t even enjoy the song.

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Axl has been much more talkative this leg, uh?

He has. They really kept laughing and joking and were having fun last night. He called the crowd “ you frostbitten mother fuckers”.

Edited by Tourettes2400

9 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

there is a video with a very good sond. will not put the link.............but you know why !!!!

I was shocked about how happy and smiley they were in Louisville. I hope all you guys stayed warm. I remember seeing Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley in October of 2000 and the wind chill was 28 at showtime...it was miserable! 

Edited by GoBucky

4 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He has. They really kept laughing and joking and were having fun last night. He called the crowd “ you frostbitten mother fuckers”.

He is getting ready for Leaks Rant and new album announcement in Vegas