10/20/19 - Tijuana, MX - Estadio Caliente

alfierose

4 hours ago, Flake said:

Like little babys who cry because the presents they got are boring after two days and they want something else. It's so ridiculous.

and @Lio

What's the point of having it at some shows, but not at others, but still shoving down covers people's throat!? What's the point of when having it, removing the only other interesting song, but keeping the covers!? Why can't they play both GNR songs for the fan, who knows their shit, but drop one of the covers, if they really need to drop a song when playing Locomotive. There is nothing cry baby about it, just legitimate questions, for why can't they can't keep the only new GNR song they are playing in the 4th year of their reunion as a permanent fixture in the show?

Edited by PatrickS77

I guess Coma and Locomotive are just "too much" for one night for the average fan (= 95% of the attendance). Plus it's even badass they're playing any of them. You can't ditch LALD or KOHD. As much as die hards are sick of it, the people want to hear these songs

Edited by Flake
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

and @Lio

What's the point of having it at some shows, but not at others, but still shoving down covers people's throat!? What's the point of when having it, removing the only other interesting song, but keeping the covers!? Why can't they play both GNR songs for the fan, who knows their shit, but drop one of the covers, if they really need to drop a song when playing Locomotive. There is nothing cry baby about it, just legitimate questions, for why can't they can't keep the only new GNR song they are playing in the 4th year of their reunion as a permanent fixture in the show?

Oh, I agree, I think they should play it every show, personally. In fact I said as much when someone said that he hoped they wouldn't play it to death like Coma. Because I'd want it at my show.

I just meant that saying it's gone forever is a bit of an overreaction, just like the thought it would be in rotation with Coma was a little premature after having played it twice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flake said:

I guess Coma and Locomotive are just "too much" for one night for the average fan (= 95% of the attendance). Plus it's even badass they're playing any of them. You can't ditch LALD or KOHD. As much as die hards are sick of it, the people want to hear these songs

Uhm, yes. You can ditch KNOHD. It's a bore and drags on too long. And it's not a GNR song. If 2 of the most interesting GNR songs is too much for people, then they should just go to someone else's shows. Or use it as a long bathroom break.

10 hours ago, Lio said:

It's not exploiting, it's a tribute. I personally like the artist tributes lithos the best overall. They've covered Da Vinci, Dalì, Mucha and Magritte to name but a few. To me they're vastly superior to the skeletons or redhead lithos, but to each their own, I suppose.

This is the first one this leg I really love. I liked the other Mexican one too.

I really like it too, very well designed.

• Like 1

95% of setlist complaints could be erased by subbing The Seeker for a GNR track :P

1 hour ago, something.always said:

What's it say about the state of the band when a good portion of the posts in this show thread are about the f'n lithograph?

It *is* a cool litho :P I don't normally buy merch these days but I'd have picked one of these up.

EDIT: My dad is a fan of The Who and that track (I used to listen to it as a teenager as well), but even he says "GNR are STILL playing that song?" :lol:

Edited by Amir

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uhm, yes. You can ditch KNOHD. It's a bore and drags on too long. And it's not a GNR song. If 2 of the most interesting GNR songs is too much for people, then they should just go to someone else's shows. Or use it as a long bathroom break.

I agree that the current version is a bore and I personally cant stand it.  The Illusion version needs to return and sounds much better IMO, but Guns made KOHD their song, no doubt about that.  It's about giving the casual fan what they want and we all know that they would much rather hear KOHD over Coma and Locomotive. At the end of the day they are giving the casual and hardcore fans what they want by including both KOHD and Coma/Locomotive and more people are taking extended bathroom breaks for the latter songs mentioned.

Current setlist is only boring for the people who saw the Not in This Lifetime tour two or three years ago...And that's natural. But for the people going to the shows it's a blast I'm sure.

Finally getting to sing-a-long to KOHD back in 17 was memorable for me because up until that point all I had was the 90s live versions. Was great to finally be part of a KOHD sing part.

22 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Current setlist is only boring for the people who saw the Not in This Lifetime tour two or three years ago...And that's natural. But for the people going to the shows it's a blast I'm sure.

Finally getting to sing-a-long to KOHD back in 17 was memorable for me because up until that point all I had was the 90s live versions. Was great to finally be part of a KOHD sing part.

Wish this vid was longer- great singing crowd! 

Here's explained what happened tonight in Tijuana. At some point, they couldn't set up Axl Rose's audio and the band didn't get out of the stage and kept playing on stage, with the audience in the background singing "knockin on heaven's door". then they have In place everything, after 7/8 minutes.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Realistically they dont need to ditch any songs, just make them shorter.

Cut those 10+ minute songs like KOHD down to 5 mins and you can squeeze another song in there.

It would be way better to have shorter versions played. Not every song needs to be a bloated 10+ mins long. 

Get rid of the filler instrumentals and theres even more songs you can fit in.

Damn i should of been a band manager or something.

Edited by vloors

17 minutes ago, vloors said:

Realistically they dont need to ditch any songs, just make them shorter.

Cut those 10+ minute songs like KOHD down to 5 mins and you can squeeze another song in there.

It would be way better to have shorter versions played. Not every song needs to be s bloated 10+ mins long. 

Get rid of the filler instrumentals and theres even more songs you can fit in.

I think they've already made a step in the right direction by ditching the covers and the extended NR intro. Just need to cut down KOHD and ditch The Seeker now :P