10/20/19 - Tijuana, MX - Estadio Caliente

alfierose

11 hours ago, SAU3R said:

They handled the power outage pretty good imo.. The crowd reacted great as well but also Slash did some nice entertaining 

Axl too, he did a magic trick with a white towel. He made his right leg disappear. So funny to see Axl playing with the crowd. He seemed very down to earth.

18 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uhm, yes. You can ditch KNOHD. It's a bore and drags on too long. And it's not a GNR song. If 2 of the most interesting GNR songs is too much for people, then they should just go to someone else's shows. Or use it as a long bathroom break.

It is a GNR song, it's a great sing along and that is the main reason why it remains in the set.

Yep, it drags now in comparison to the old version but when you're there it's enjoyable to sing along. If it was on a DVD release I'd probably watch it once and then skip it unless they sounded fantastic throughout.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It is a GNR song, it's a great sing along and that is the main reason why it remains in the set.

Yep, it drags now in comparison to the old version but when you're there it's enjoyable to sing along. If it was on a DVD release I'd probably watch it once and then skip it unless they sounded fantastic throughout.

Yeah. The reason I play the Coachella version from time to time is because although it drags, it's a great performance and that combined with the quality make it an enjoyable listen.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It is a GnR cover song, not a GnR song.  I know you know better come on man.

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It is a GnR cover song, not a GnR song.  I know you know better come on man.

Ha! I know, I know :D If it came down to it, of course it's not their song! it's Dylans. In the context of a GNR set, it's one of the songs people pay to hear when they see GNR, that's why it remains.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ha! I know, I know :D If it came down to it, of course it's not their song! it's Dylans. In the context of a GNR set, it's one of the songs people pay to hear when they see GNR, that's why it remains.

Gn'R certainly made it their own back in the day.. It was technically a cover but I always considered teh version they play a Guns song.. Now, not so much... It just isn't very good anymore.. 

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Gn'R certainly made it their own back in the day.. It was technically a cover but I always considered teh version they play a Guns song.. Now, not so much... It just isn't very good anymore.. 

It's just SO labored now. I cannot imagine anyone involved in playing it really like what they're doing while they're playing it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's just SO labored now. I cannot imagine anyone involved in playing it really like what they're doing while they're playing it. 

Back in the nineties it had so much energy and really was a bit of a highlight. Was an amazing version of a great song.

It's lost all the spark and now has become the most boring part of the concert every night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was really surprised when I saw how popular KOHD is on Spotify. Way more than Don't Cry, Patience and YCBM.... the ALBUM version... :blink:

13 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Guns N' Roses - Shadow Of Your Love [Tijuana 2019] Margott https://bittubers.com/post/158a7de6-fb61-449a-9abd-2b2b7d0ae310

That kicks ass! Love Slash's descending run at 1:28. 

Really a highlight for them nowadays.... why don't they just write like 4-5 songs with that vocal range! Do a frenetic, punky little EP. Axl can rock that zone still apparently. 

Edited by Ant

14 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Guns N' Roses - Shadow Of Your Love [Tijuana 2019] Margott https://bittubers.com/post/158a7de6-fb61-449a-9abd-2b2b7d0ae310

Holy fuck! 

Great version! That's also, the first time I've watched Slash on the NITL tour and thought of the 90s Slash, totally going for it, Loved how loose and fast that solo was. Slash! more of that kind of thing!

On 10/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, ChrisMaciel said:

For the first time since 2017, I watched Axl Rose trying to sound better in Sweet Child O mine. Not that he reached a raspy version, far from that, but at least he was trying at this show.

Has SCOM really ever sounded that great live since the 80's? What is the definitive live version in people's minds? 

I don't think I've ever really liked it live in any incarnation except for Ritz 88, which is the opposite of basically every other GNR song for me. 

Edited by Ant

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Has SCOM really ever sounded that great live since the 80's? What is the definitive live version in people's minds? 

I don't think I've ever really liked it live in any incarnation, which is the opposite of basically every other GNR song for me. 

Probably one of the early versions form 87, 88, 89 when he was still singing the studio vocal "woaaaah sweet child of mine" instead of the "wow". I'd love if he did the old way every once in a while. You're right though, it's one of those songs that he never really comes close to the studio version, but there are many live versions of other studio songs that he has bested.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably one of the early versions form 87, 88, 89 when he was still singing the studio vocal "woaaaah sweet child of mine" instead of the "wow". I'd love if he did the old way every once in a while. You're right though, it's one of those songs that he never really comes close to the studio version, but there are many live versions of other studio songs that he has bested.

I really like he aggressiveness and grit of the UYI versions, but it doesn’t have that feeling the studio did-maybe the closest is the Ritz ‘87 version. Man it’s fantastic

• Gibbo unpinned this topic