10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

57 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Looks like he was telling him to keep the melody going. If you remember the actual song, it just goes to a tape cut. So, Slash could have ended at any time, Axl told him to bring it back around so he could sing it.

Yeah i thought he was motionibg to do the last few chords and finish  but obviously axl wanted another outro.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

I think at this point, most of the crowd is just casual fans who want to hear the hits and aren't familiar with lesser played tracks like this.

The band must know there are die hards in the audience that want to hear this shit. I wo u ld love to know on any given show the split between casuals and die hard fans.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I have no idea what the bitching and moaning is about....I loved it. As a die hard fan how can you not??? They showed real human n band emotion winging it to the finish...THISNIS WHAT WE WANT!!! If i was to guess it was thrown im last min and they said fuck it lets have fun....i suggest the fan base take the same approach and enjoy these little alt appearances. I honestly give up with some of this fanbase

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The band must know there are die hards in the audience that want to hear this shit. I wo u ld love to know on any given show the split between casuals and die hard fans.

There will still be a few but given how long they've been touring now with still no new material out, a lot of folk just won't bother going now.

53 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

I think at this point, most of the crowd is just casual fans who want to hear the hits and aren't familiar with lesser played tracks like this.

You cultivate the audience you deserve. They've spent thirty years promoting Appetite/Hits. Artists like Springsteen, Prince, Waits, Dylan cultivated audiences that go nuts for deep cuts etc. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How was Locomotive? Did Axl get through it this time without a hissy? 

When/what was the hissy?

I'm also not seeing exactly what Axl/they fucked up so badly on Dead Horse? Edit.....ah, yeah.

Edited by Jordan Rose

28 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Do i detect a smile from slash during the solo at 2.20 onwards......

Boy, oh boy... That was BAD!

1) Ax fucks up the second half badly

2)  That solo is just odd

3) there is something wrong 0:14-0:15, not sure what but its odd, Ax/Frank.

4) why on earth does Frank come before 0:40!? why does he keep rhythm before that?  is there any song that i..ot doesn't destroy?

4 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Boy, oh boy... That was BAD!

1) Ax fucks up the second half badly

2)  That solo is just odd

3) there is something wrong 0:14-0:15, not sure what but its odd, Ax/Frank.

4) why on earth does Frank come before 0:40!? why does he keep rhythm before that?  is there any song that i..ot doesn't destroy?

3) axl came in to fast or slash is strumming abit to fast.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

The 'deep cut' debate. Depends how you wanna frame it. It's relative to a point but to me, if you have 4.5 albums in 30 years, nothing should be considered a deep cut. Springsteen released Tracks, a FOUR CD set of outtakes, and there are multiple songs on there which would not be considered deep cuts. Not to mention several other discs of outtakes since. But that's because there are tours where he plays literally over 200 different songs. And tours where he plays entire albums back to back. Back in 1992 in interviews and stage rants Axl sounded like he wanted to be the kind of artist who challenged himself and his audience and not "jerk off" to Appetite every night. That didn't work out. But people getting mad at others for expecting more and saying they should be grateful or whatever that we got Loco and DH and Slash is back etc etc....fuck that. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 4

Amazing that they finally played this! I totally dig how Axl sounds here. But yeah first Frank messes up at the end of Slashs solo.. then Slash fails with playing in the wrong key.. then Axl fails 😁 but all in all awesome. I wish that they keep playing it!

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Literally every member of the band made a major mistake at some point. No use in trying to pin it all on one or two people. 

That said, it'll probably get better if they try it again. 

that is true. BUT in the 90's I preffered spontanity and mistakes it sounded cool (ie. Slash and Matt wttj st. louis, ax mic fail in rio and iz taking over, ycbm saskatoon...), this just sounds overall weird. And while it spills to every single member eventually - it always starts with Frank and spills like domino effect. you earn so much money, do you really have to stick to the cheapest drummer on the planet for so long?

that plus mickey voice combo - puts off big time.

5 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

that is true. BUT in the 90's I preffered spontanity and mistakes it sounded cool (ie. Slash and Matt wttj st. louis, ax mic fail in rio and iz taking over, ycbm saskatoon...), this just sounds overall weird. And while it spills to every single member eventually - it always starts with Frank and spills like domino effect. you earn so much money, do you really have to stick to the cheapest drummer on the planet for so long?

that plus mickey voice combo - puts off big time.

:lol:I agree with a lot of what you're saying except this didn't start with Frank. It starts with Axl not knowing how his own song goes, then everything goes downhill from there. 

I get that you don't like Frank, but this one starts with Axl not him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:I agree with a lot of what you're saying except this didn't start with Frank. It starts with Axl not knowing how his own song goes, then everything goes downhill from there. 

I get that you don't like Frank, but this one starts with Axl not him. 

I agree about Ax blame part, but I have the feeling it started by Frank hitting those cymbals from the start and speeding everyone up.  I have a feeling that rhythm Frank imposed made them all uncomfortable.

I fail to understand if Matt made minimum changes to Adler, and everyone else kept to previous drummers why does Frank drum like he wrote those songs!?

Also wonder where the border line is with Slash/Ax/Duff in terms of Frank the man.

• Haha 2