10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just got to really listen to it. 

Other than Axl missing his line at the beginning, I spent the first couple of minutes thinking "Come on now, this isn't THAT bad". 

Then the solo happened.....lol

Slash is the one and only reason the song got screwed up from the solo on IMO. 

He clearly had a brain freeze moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thats the only reason why it gets a pass i think its the first time they winged a song in the set list since NITL began without having prior confirmations or rehearsals 

Yep. Axl screwing it up wouldn't be anything to write home about, but Slash messing the solo like this? One would think he'd improvise better... it actually sounded like he started to play a different tune's solo in the second part, ha ha. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Yep. Axl screwing it up wouldn't be anything to write home about, but Slash messing the solo like this? One would think he'd improvise better... it actually sounded like he started to play a different tune's solo in the second part, ha ha. 

I think he got himself totally and completely lost. We're just not used to that type of thing from Slash is all lol. 

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just got to really listen to it. 

Other than Axl missing his line at the beginning, I spent the first couple of minutes thinking "Come on now, this isn't THAT bad". 

Then the solo happened.....lol

Slash is the one and only reason the song got screwed up from the solo on IMO. 

I agree. Slash botched it up pretty badly in several different places. Axl did a commendable job imo.

Always find it curious how he sounds so much better on original Guns material than he does on the CD material. You'd think his voice would be better suited to the more recent material, but he really nails shit like SOYL and yet hasn't pulled off a decent Better or TIL in years (thank God he put us out of our misery with that one!).

Edited by Towelie

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think he got himself totally and completely lost. We're just not used to that type of thing from Slash is all lol. 

Right? But then, what do we know. Maybe he went in his head "holy shit, this is the first time we’re playing this since 93" and his brain started producing some fake heroin sensations... Who knows. :D 

• Haha 2

I really appreciate that they played Dead Horse. I don’t give a fuck that  the musicians seemed a bit unorganized. BUT dude, Axl’s Mickey voice gave me such a hard time to make through the whole song. It’s just embarrassing. 

I understand that he cannot or does not want to sing anymore like he did in the past, at least in GNR. (I witnessed in person that he still has it if he wants to at the Axl/DC show in Hamburg.) But why on earth does he not just sing every single song in his deep voice like he does on ISE or the begging/end of Dead Horse?! He would still sound like the original Axl Rose and not like a Disney character. I just don’t get it and it drives me crazy. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Steven Tyler had it done I think. It has something to do with the blood vessels in the vocal cords and how it can affect your sound. 

2:50

That sounds incredibly risky honestly

2 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

Omg! Here we go again. Guns play something different and some of you just can't be happy. 

Please go and find another band that is so fu..ing perfect in youre eyes... and let us who really love this band do that 😠 

Was happy with Loco, but they didn't nail this one, so it came out kinda limp.

36 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I don't understand the complaints about Dead Horse, yes far from perfect I agree but hey its been almost 30 years since they last did this song, so why not just cut them some slack for now, be grateful they bring some deep cuts and just see where this goes? Just sayin...

Just watched. I think they all sound good.. Especially for the first time.. A little sloppy but Axl probably didn't rehearse it with them.. It was good live rock n' roll sloppy.. The dangerous element everyone has been asking for.. Axl sounded better than I would have guessed. 

I am very happy they played and can't wait to see more attempts. Slither, Shadow, Locomotive and Dead Horse? I am envious to everyone that got to see all those songs in one show.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Theleech said:

Wow!

a bunch of keyboard warriors complaining about Everything. You ask for different songs to get played, then you criticise the shit out of it. 😅🤣😂

how old is everyone whinging one here?

im curious lol

Are you saying we should blindly praise everything the band does? If the band plays a song... any song... it’s fine for it to be critiqued. Even if we’d asked for the song. If we ask for a song, and the band plays it horribly, it wouldn’t make sense to lie and be like “that was great!” if it wasn’t. Also I don’t see how asking everyone’s age is relevant.

• Thanks 1