10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

One of the funniest moments was the Dead Horse solo. It seems like Slash lost his track so bad, that he simply forgot the melody along the way, and started to look for a way out, even resorting for the Rocket Queen outro melody.

Sometimes improvising can be tricky. 

Frank was probably the guy that had the song nailed perfectly. Slash fucked up the solo, Axl doesn't know how to count. Frank did no wrong. People just like to say shit about him. His Locomotive was perfect. Everyone made mistakes, he takes the fall. Could it be because he is black? I really don't get why everyone thinks they are drumming experts and Frank sucks. I play guitar since i was 7, have been in bands since i was 17, i think Frank is great drummer. He changes things, because he wasn't paid to copy notes but to bring his own input. But these last 2 new songs are great. No complaints from me. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bozo said:

One of the funniest moments was the Dead Horse solo. It seems like Slash lost his track so bad, that he simply forgot the melody along the way, and started to look for a way out, even resorting for the Rocket Queen outro melody.

Sometimes improvising can be tricky. 

Like I have said before Slash didn't fuck up the solo Fortus starts playing in the wrong key. That's why after the solo slash looks over at him and Duff as if to say what the fuck

• Like 1

I loved Dead Horse, im not sure if Slash fucks the solo or it sounds weird cuz the rythm section is playing something else, they also  fucked up the "smiling" part not sure if Axl was out of tempo or what, still a very enjoyable live version, hope they keep playing it!

Sick of this life, not that you care!

• Like 1

dead horse is as hard to do rasp wise as don't damn me or perfect crime, its ok they tried it out but geez axl needs to really be at his best to pull that shit off 

51 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

Frank was probably the guy that had the song nailed perfectly. Slash fucked up the solo, Axl doesn't know how to count. Frank did no wrong. People just like to say shit about him. His Locomotive was perfect. Everyone made mistakes, he takes the fall. Could it be because he is black? I really don't get why everyone thinks they are drumming experts and Frank sucks. I play guitar since i was 7, have been in bands since i was 17, i think Frank is great drummer. He changes things, because he wasn't paid to copy notes but to bring his own input. But these last 2 new songs are great. No complaints from me. 

its exactly because of your last point, he adds his fill ins when they don't belong its not that technically he's a bad drummer, for gnr purists this is noticeable 

the reason why the beatles, stones and classic gnr are all time best bands is because they had drummers that remained loyal to the songs in every step of the way and didn't divert, these drummers in no way are technically the best but for the band and sound yes 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I actually think axl was the most prepared person for that song, I know he lost timing in the intro but the guys didn't seem to have it down anyway. The solo section and outro was a mess! Axl seemed to be guiding them out of the wreckage😄

But I actually thought Axl sounded ok! Besides the arrangement falling apart I'm hopeful for this one!

I wasn't saying he wasn't prepared. Having him rehearse with the band could benefit them as well to make sure they are all in sync.. He may have for all I know but judging from his track record I would say no.. Anyway, I am ecstatic that they played the song warts and all. I thought Axl did a fine job overall and I am sure that mistake by the band will be corrected asap. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Oof.........................

oof?

8 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

If he truly were that bad as you claim, I'm sure real musicians like Duff and Slash would notice too and do something about it. So maybe, he is not really as bad as you claim.

Oh yes.  They don't spare time talking about him fucking up songs ;) I heard it first hand.  Also Slash commented on Frank couple of years ago, if you could read between lines.

Nevertheless,  if I can hear FF's drumming quality, I don't need others to tell me that.  I am old enough to hear that for myself.

...but you can ask around.

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wasn't saying he wasn't prepared. Having him rehearse with the band could benefit them as well to make sure they are all in sync.. He may have for all I know but judging from his track record I would say no.. Anyway, I am ecstatic that they played the song warts and all. I thought Axl did a fine job overall and I am sure that mistake by the band will be corrected asap. 

oof?

Just not a good performance IMO.

2 minutes ago, Politania said:

at min.6:13 Axl is pushing such a big button at the scene floor... Silly question, but what is it for?

That cuts his mic off from the main PA but leaves it in the band & stage managers ears. So usually when he's doing that, he's talking to just the band and stage managers about something or other. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Just not a good performance IMO. 

I thought "oof" was an acronym for something haha. Just watched it and figured out what you meant though. Axl's timing seemed off the whole song but I still enjoyed it. Man do I love that song.. Still in awe that they are playing it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Also Slash commented on Frank couple of years ago, if you could read between lines.

You can intepret anything any way you want when you're reading between the lines.  So just stick to reading the lines. More often than not people mean exactly what they say and there are no hidden meanings. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oof.........................

Axl sounds wayyy better than the first performance. He nails the breathing to deliver it better than 91.

Tho I'm guessing his in ear monitor was effed up before the 6 minute mark. His timing was way off.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

The weird thing is: if Duff, Slash and Axl owners of the brand, why are Frank, 4tus and Melissa in? Its obvious that all 3 are not good enough for GnR. And at least one of them knows it....there are better employees...

makes sense since he stares down fortus like what the hell at the end he was like you were supposed to come in here there