10/23/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena [Dead Horse played for the first time since 1993]

alfierose

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Hate on Frank all you like but he's not going anywhere any time soon. 

Oh... And yeah, Axl has never shown up and he's always the cause of timing issues. 

re first - do you get wet for telling me that?  It ain't like I will lose sleep on that, ya know. but GNR will continue to lose on quality. You like the band sounding like shit?

re second - why do you repeat this over and over again?  do 2 bads make a good?  does Ax timing effect FF playing?

does that in any shape or form justify that Frank sounds like shit? 

do you think they should replace Ax and keep Frank?

Ax had timing issues since he was like...born, but that didn't stop GNR to be the biggest band on the planet 87-93.

on the sidenote, did I ever in any shape or form reffer to Ax timing or to Frank's drumming?

Sure you can add Dizz, Duff, Slash...but that will not improve FF's playing.

22 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

You can intepret anything any way you want when you're reading between the lines.  So just stick to reading the lines. More often than not people mean exactly what they say and there are no hidden meanings. 

unless you suffer from lobotomy, it is pretty clear what Slash thought of Franklin.

Btw., as mentioned before...I don't need Slash to tell me Frank's drumming fits GNR as much as Mel's hair color.

If you can't hear a difference between Dead Horse Rio and Oklahoma, there is really not much anyone can do to help your state improve

29 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

re first - do you get wet for telling me that?  It ain't like I will lose sleep on that, ya know. but GNR will continue to lose on quality. You like the band sounding like shit?

re second - why do you repeat this over and over again?  do 2 bads make a good?  does Ax timing effect FF playing?

does that in any shape or form justify that Frank sounds like shit? 

do you think they should replace Ax and keep Frank?

Ax had timing issues since he was like...born, but that didn't stop GNR to be the biggest band on the planet 87-93.

on the sidenote, did I ever in any shape or form reffer to Ax timing or to Frank's drumming?

Sure you can add Dizz, Duff, Slash...but that will not improve FF's playing.

:lol: I don't think Frank is a bad drummer and I don't think the band sounds like shit.....so, no?

47 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

You can intepret anything any way you want when you're reading between the lines.  So just stick to reading the lines. More often than not people mean exactly what they say and there are no hidden meanings. 

Lol there are definitely a token couple of people who really don't like this lineup but have shown up on nearly every live thread and general threads about GNR in the present going "Slash secretely hates Frank" as if it wasn't wishful thinking causing some projecting.  Thankfully it is more of an isolated case to just one or two.  When it gets to the point where I read a username and know exactly what their post will say before reading it, I think they just like dissenting more than enjoying the band IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hey you get older you forget shit. lol I think we should give any band a break for trying to do some songs that haven't been done in years. Sit back and enjoy the change. It's good for the soul.

Agreed - I’d take a dodgy deep cut over a cover anyday. I’m glad they felt comfortable enough to give it a bash.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

I'm really starting to think that the reason we have to wait for the Alts is because the band is waiting on the animation studio to hurry up and do the background vid :lol:

Hard School should be a school on fire with a chess board next to it

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wasn't saying he wasn't prepared. Having him rehearse with the band could benefit them as well to make sure they are all in sync.. He may have for all I know but judging from his track record I would say no.. Anyway, I am ecstatic that they played the song warts and all. I thought Axl did a fine job overall and I am sure that mistake by the band will be corrected asap. 

oof?

That track record is poor. We're talking D - on attendance :D 

I think the next time this gets played it's going to be much, much better! Axl seems to be able to handle this a whole lot easier than Locomotive! which by 203rd verse he seems completely puffed out. They should definitely be practicing together though, that just seems obvious though :P but in the guns world, obvious does need to be pointed out :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

You're the one reading between the lines like you've got schizophrenia. I'm the one listening to what he actually says. Let's just leave it at that.

And what exactly was he saying? Allthough it's quite clear, that regardless of what he was saying some have some issues that go a bit deeper. ;)

5 hours ago, SAU3R said:

I know this is far off topic, but that mistake which everyone on here surely knows was not Slashs fault imo, he missed some notes but he kept the rhythm, Matt failed to come in on point and came in a beat late or so

Yes and no, Slash started the song really timidly. Normally he'd stutter the riff a little, pause and then kick into the riff with full confidence! So, Matt messed up... because Slash started the song differently than he normally did. To my ears it sounded like he was teasing the riff and mid way through decided he was going to start it, but he wasn't 100% if he should. I'd guess that Matt thought Slash was going to do one round, and then kick into the riff properly and that's what he was waiting for. Anyway, it's a funny video and I can't even remember why I was talking about it in the first place! 

Anyway, we're definitely off topic, and I'd guess that this has been discussed more than a few times :D 

4 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

Frank was probably the guy that had the song nailed perfectly. Slash fucked up the solo, Axl doesn't know how to count. Frank did no wrong. People just like to say shit about him. His Locomotive was perfect. Everyone made mistakes, he takes the fall. Could it be because he is black? I really don't get why everyone thinks they are drumming experts and Frank sucks. I play guitar since i was 7, have been in bands since i was 17, i think Frank is great drummer. He changes things, because he wasn't paid to copy notes but to bring his own input. But these last 2 new songs are great. No complaints from me. 

And then you have some other expert who claims Frank can't drum for shit. :facepalm: It's always funny when these self proclaimed experts behind a computer screen think they know shit better than the professionals, who spent their lives earning money being musicians.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

shotsfired is right 

frank completely sped it up at the beginning throwing axl and the rest off even towards the end prior to the outro he's drumming a whole different song yes the rest of the guys fucked up but the foundation of GNR is based on percussion and rhythm and there was nothing there at all sounded like 3 guys all playing different shit on their own 

You can't blame Frank for this one, I've watched it a few times and from what I can see is that Richard forgot the rhythm guitar part for the solo section. You see him eye Duff and they huddle while he tries to follow the changes but he just can't remember it, Slash did his best but he'd basically need to be a mind reader to guess those chords :D As for Frank, he held back so he could hear more clearly what was going while also laying a basic beat that they could all hear and latch onto. 

As for after the solo, Slash was clearly thrown off and that's probably why he messed up the changes. Anyway, next time they play this it won't be half as bad!

• Like 4